98 Impreza RS vs WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 98 Impreza RS vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just thought i'd post this, it was my first race in this car. I came across a silver debadged WRX ...

98 Impreza RS vs WRX

Just thought i'd post this, it was my first race in this car. I came across a silver debadged WRX omw home from work around 12am, he followed me for a bit and I didn't realize it until he passed me a little later. I followed him then once we got onto a straight road, I floored it to start catching up. At the same time he got on it, I eventually caught up and passed him by a few cars then shut it down, I hadn't checked the speed but it felt around 80ish. We then get down to speed, around 35mph, line up, I didn't downshift so I was near the bottom of 3rd gear out of boost, honked 3 times then went, we went up to about the same speed as before, he pulled about 2 cars and I started to pull at the end, then we shut off. Afterwards we pulled into a parking lot, talked for a bit, he had a VF30 setup with supporting mods and 1 passenger with him. He was pretty cool, actually posts on nasioc..doesn't like clubwrx though I think I did pretty well, it was a bit unorganized, I would've liked to take him on from a full on stop, but that in itself was pretty fun..damn what a rush. I'm pretty honored to have taken on a fellow subbie owner like that for the first run, didn't really see that coming. Mods are in the sig, typical stg 2 stuff w RA gears.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice race... I was wondering how you kept up but then I read your mods. I'm sure you'll be surprising a lot of cars on the road w/ u'r swap.

Yea he said I kept up pretty well, It was funny to see the look on his face when I told him my setup. I figured he had something over stock turbo, but either way I was either gaining slowly, holding even or him pulling away slowly. I do want to get an 18g on at some point, it'll really haul then, but for now the stock turbo is doing pretty good combined with the gearing and lighter car.

Love the 2.5 RS. I had one. I did the wrong thing. Avo turbo kit. 8psi on stock engine. It made 220whp. It was alot of fun. 2 doors
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.