Maybe my last race - Mustang GT kill
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Maybe my last race - Mustang GT kill within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My last race in my STi. I'm selling my STi. I absoluted love the car, but I just want to ...

Maybe my last race - Mustang GT kill

My last race in my STi.
    I'm selling my STi. I absoluted love the car, but I just want to try something new for a while. I've been driving a WRX or STi for about 4 years.
    My new car is a Black 6 Speed 05 GTO which should be delivered next week.

Well a guy (age 30 or so) in a 03-04 ish Mustang GT (with a few mods) see's me and takes off. I chased after him. He got a real big jump on me and it took me all the way to the middle of 5th gear to catch him (he was pretty fast). As soon as I started to pass him, the light about an 1/8 mile up the road turns red.

So we lined up side by side. I kept looking over at him smiling, because I was going to give him 100% (which I rarely do off the line on the street). The light turns green and I drop the clutch at 5000 rpms. I instantly jumped 2 cars off the launch. I pulled 1 more car in 2nd gear. Then 1 more car in 3 rd gear. At 70mph or so I was at least 4-5 cars in front of him. He wouldn't give up and kept coming. So I went up to about 100mph just to satisfy him. All in all I had about 5-6 cars on him. It was ugly and I loved it.

Also, my STi is basically stock. I running my catted downpipe and catback but thats it. I've taken my Utec and Turboxs mbc off my car. I'm running stock boost.
    The car feels so slow. It really does. I can't believe how much of a difference running
    17 psi boost and the Utec makes.

So I was happy to to beat up on a Mustang GT in my basically stock STi.

I'll give you guys my review of the 05 GTO as soon as I get it. I will also be taking it to the track as soon as I break it in (which shouldn't take long).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good stuff. Have fun with that GTO. Please post all your stories. 400hp>fun
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

sad to see ya go, but good luck and good race
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

( *sniffle*
    WuDekStyle: i took the meanest **** at work today, i created an island there was so much nastiness
    WuDekStyle: i felt like a wild animal
    Official Cinematographer for the Bugeye Mafia

I Support ClubWRX
    Have fun in that 400hp GTO, I know I would!

And you better come back and post kill stories to keep us entertained!!!!!!!

have a good time in your gto!
    personally i would much rather have a sti, but thats just my .02
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

Thanks guys. I will definately miss my STi. It is a better all around car than the
    05 GTO, thats for sure.

But the GTO is for a completely different style of driving. A more relaxed and comfortable style of driving with the occasional blast of speed. The car is very nice on the inside. It has extremely nice leather seats, stereo, etc. Its basically a touring car.

My goal with it is to run high 12s in stock form. I will most likely need some drag radials to do it but its possible with the stock tires and some real good driving.
    Guys have gone as fast as 13.1 in the stock 04 GTOs, but 13.5s-13.8s is more the average with decent driving though. The 05 GTO should be about a 1/2 second faster on average.
    I talked to a guy yesterday with a 6 speed 05 GTO that dynoed 354 rwhp bone stock. That will get a 3700 lbs car down the road pretty quick.

I will definately be around. I will post my kills and 1/4 mile times. There's also a very good chance I will get my hands on a 2007 or so STi.

hope you'll still post your kills, it's always interesting to read about your battles
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

nice final kill and nice choice w/ the 05 gto. the 05 is 100 times better imo than the 04's. have fun!
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Nice takedown...

I'm tempted by both a new STi and a new GTO to replace my WRX for a daily driver. Sometimes change for the sake of change can be refreshing. Have fun with the new goat, and looking forward to seeing how the LS2 responds to modifications. I personally witnessed a C6 with modified c5 headers, a homemade air kit, and some mild tuning (getting the air/fuel ratio optimized) put down just over 400 rwhp at Speed Inc about a month ago. I would expect the 05 GTO to put down nearly identical numbers with similar mods.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    Nice takedown...

I'm tempted by both a new STi and a new GTO to replace my WRX for a daily driver. Sometimes change for the sake of change can be refreshing. Have fun with the new goat, and looking forward to seeing how the LS2 responds to modifications. I personally witnessed a C6 with modified c5 headers, a homemade air kit, and some mild tuning (getting the air/fuel ratio optimized) put down just over 400 rwhp at Speed Inc about a month ago. I would expect the 05 GTO to put down nearly identical numbers with similar mods.
    You already have a firehawk though for the ls1. I would say go with the Sti. That car would be a much better all around fun to drive car.
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    Nice takedown...

Or you could just wait a little longer for the 500+ hp Cobra that is rumored to run high 11s stock Ford is determined to keep the price around the same as the older models as they did with the 05 Mustangs which means the new Cobra should be around $35K. I think it will be safe to say that the new Cobra will destroy anything within $10K of its price, hell, thats going to give the Z06 a run for its money
    Last edited by mball; 02-08-2005 at 11:08 AM.

Is the LS2 alumium or cast iron?
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Quote Originally Posted by mball
    Or you could just wait a little longer for the 500+ hp Cobra that is rumored to run high 11s stock Ford is determined to keep the price around the same as the older models as they did with the 05 Mustangs which means the new Cobra should be around $35K. I think it will be safe to say that the new Cobra will destroy anything within $10K of its price, hell, thats going to give the Z06 a run for its money

I seriously dought the new Cobra will sell for $35k. If it does I will be driving one. The demand will be very high for a limited production vehicle. I would expect a serious dealer markup for sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by SGOSWRX
    I seriously dought the new Cobra will sell for $35k. If it does I will be driving one. The demand will be very high for a limited production vehicle. I would expect a serious dealer markup for sometime.
    ALOT of people also seriously doubted Ford would keep the 05 Mustang GT the same price as the last gen with all the improvements and more hp, but look what happened. The Cobra will be right around $35K.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast