? on a 95 M3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on ? on a 95 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A friend of mine from school has a 95 M3 (rims, lowered) that he got for k from a friend. ...

? on a 95 M3

A friend of mine from school has a 95 M3 (rims, lowered) that he got for $9k from a friend. Keep in mind this guy is only 16. He keeps talking too much smack. Of course, he is probably the fastest car in our school parking lot and whatnot, but he doesnt even know wtf is under his hood! . He really doenst know sh*t when it comes to cars, all he can brag about is that he has an M3. I hate it when pple do that. He said all he did when he got the car was put on his exhaust. Well, we came across him tonite with my friend matt, who has a rsx type s(CAI, raceheaders, gasket manifold, evo catback, hondata reflash, lowered). I'm estimating that he runs about 200whp by now. My friend with the M3, george, wanted to race, but i told my friend to save his gas cuz i knew he'd get owned probably, but george says that he doesnt even know whats under his hood. I know these '95 M3's run 240bhp. maybe 220 or so to the wheels stock? So, what I'm asking here is, what do you think? What if the M3 is stock, with just n exhaust? How would my friends type s keep up?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    That Type-S would probably give the M3 a really good run. The E36 M3s weren't all that fast and probably put down less than 220whp. Either way, an exhaust wouldn't do a whole lot and those cars were good for mid 14s usually. Someone correct me if I'm messing this up.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

my friend has an rsx with almost the same setup i know that those hondata reflashes make those cars extremely sick i know that if he has the same reflash that my friend has (probably does because mods are the same) then he is good for a mid to low 13 sec car...im sure he would probably beat the old m3's those things werent THAT fast...
    Mods: ERZ Up/Down pipe, bosal dual tip cat-back, cobb AP stage II

My money's on the RSX. Unless the M3 has a chip, Intake, an Exaust. Thats another story.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

a 95 M3 runs a 14.6 stock and your buddys RSX stock runs a 14.8 so with the hondata reflash which is supposed to be really good stuff and the other things should be able to take him. So have your friend with the RSX make the kid with the M3 shutup.

My WRX pulled away on a 95 m3. this was from a roll too. Mods upipe and catback.

RSX with Hondata would beat the old M3, handsdown. Besides, the kid probably cant drive worth a sh*t anyway...my money is on the RSX.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatcolin
    a 95 M3 runs a 14.6 stock and your buddys RSX stock runs a 14.8 so with the hondata reflash which is supposed to be really good stuff and the other things should be able to take him. So have your friend with the RSX make the kid with the M3 shutup.
    wow, a 14.6 stock? damn, i'm surprised myself. Then again, that M3 was 10 years ago lol. The new ones have built a better name for itself of course. Thanks for your unput guys. I really appreciate it. I think I'll see if the two of them want to run at a track and we'll see.

and to top it all off .. doubt the guy with the M3 can even drive the car to a 14.xx time anyway.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

My M3 only made 183whp on a dyno dynamics. I bet on the M3, b/c German > Japs.

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatcolin
    I ran faster than that with bald tires.

Quote Originally Posted by MJU1983
    My M3 only made 183whp on a dyno dynamics. I bet on the M3, b/c German > Japs.

-Mike
    Is your 95 M3 stock?

Your friends RSX-S is good for low 14's with those mods. The E36 M3 is running mid 14's when they were new. With some age on it and the fact that this guy is probably a crappy driver means it is more than likely a higher 14sec car.
    The RSX-s should have no trouble putting distance on the car from a stop or a roll.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

nice... now i'm thinking i should've told my friend to give the M3 a go, but i still want to know what he's got under that hood. I'm gonna have him pop his hood and have a look see.

[QUOTE=MJU1983]I ran faster than that with bald tires.

[/QUOTE
    Not saying it's not possible I was just giving the stock 95 M3 times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast