? on a 95 M3 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on ? on a 95 M3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Rycecooker nice... now i'm thinking i should've told my friend to give the M3 a go, but ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rycecooker
    nice... now i'm thinking i should've told my friend to give the M3 a go, but i still want to know what he's got under that hood. I'm gonna have him pop his hood and have a look see.
    A simple chip can change the whole scenario though... so dont go putting money on it without knowing what he has. Dont be afraid of losing, you live and learn.. just be safe about it
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yeah who cares if you lose, it's going to happen sooner or later and since its not even your car then just tell your friend to go for it...just try to make the other guy know that its a friendly race because i hate people who hold winning a race against you and turn it into a flameboyowzaa.....
    Mods: ERZ Up/Down pipe, bosal dual tip cat-back, cobb AP stage II

Tru tru...but that's the thing, I know he's gonna be talking even more sh*t if he wins, but he's the one who asked my friend to race in the first place. I told him it's not like we're doing pink slips here. We both know each other and there shouldnt be any grudges and it should be a friendly race. But I really want someone to beat his ass so he will shut up becuz he keeps yapping.

I've seen stock e36s put down right at 200whp and a hair over 200lb-ft on a dynojet(the norm is about 190hp 195lb-ft in supreme tip top shape), you do have to consider it's age and condition as well. Here's the kicker. E36 M3 weight.......3175lbs. RSX-S Weight.....2788... almost 400lbs is fairly significant. I call it the M3 taking the RSX off of the line, but the RSX walking it pretty hard in the end. The M3 has a much smoother torque curve, and a lot more usable power, but when the RSX gets into scream land it should move. An exhaust for the M is about 5whp and 5lb-ft to the ground, not stellar, but enough to help some.
    an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

Quote Originally Posted by illusion
    I've seen stock e36s put down right at 200whp and a hair over 200lb-ft on a dynojet(the norm is about 190hp 195lb-ft in supreme tip top shape), you do have to consider it's age and condition as well. Here's the kicker. E36 M3 weight.......3175lbs. RSX-S Weight.....2788... almost 400lbs is fairly significant. I call it the M3 taking the RSX off of the line, but the RSX walking it pretty hard in the end. The M3 has a much smoother torque curve, and a lot more usable power, but when the RSX gets into scream land it should move. An exhaust for the M is about 5whp and 5lb-ft to the ground, not stellar, but enough to help some.
    Yea, the VTEC kicks in at around 6000-6500 (4got where, but i love it!) rpm till 8200. With the reflash, the VTEC hits at about 5600rpm, and then kicks in even harder at where it normally kicks in, all the way to 8600 rpm. That helps put down more power. The RSX would walk right past IF the M3 is stock. So I'm gonna tell my friend matt to run, but I don't know how soon. Thanks for you inputs, it's been helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    My money's on the RSX. Unless the M3 has a chip, Intake, an Exaust. Thats another story.
    I agree. My buddies '97 M3 had a chip, intake and exhaust and I had I/E/Hondata on my RSX-S and he'd take me by about 2-3 cars up to 100mph no matter if it was from a dig or from a roll.

If he was stock though, I think we'd be very very close, edge to me. But since this RSX-S also has the race header (not headers) that will add another 10+whp at least and I'd say the RSX-S has the edge against the M3. This is the M3 with the 3.0 litre engine, not the 3.2 and I think it makes slightly less torque vs. the '97s so that will come into the equation as well.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Yea, the VTEC kicks in at around 6000-6500 (4got where, but i love it!) rpm till 8200. With the reflash, the VTEC hits at about 5600rpm, and then kicks in even harder at where it normally kicks in, all the way to 8600 rpm. That helps put down more power. The RSX would walk right past IF the M3 is stock. So I'm gonna tell my friend matt to run, but I don't know how soon. Thanks for you inputs, it's been helpful.
    Lol, vtec kicks in at 5800rpms stock, and with Hondata it kicks in at 5200rpms.

Fuel cutoff stock is 8200rpms. Fuel cutoff with Hondata reflash and stock cams is 8600rpms.

If he has ITR cams and the ITR reflash, I believe vtec kicks in at 4800rpms and fuel cutoff hits at 8800rpms. Just FYI

BTW, I'm amazed that you said vtec kicks in harder now that he got the reflash. Most people say they can't feel the vtec transition hardly anymore (including myself) because the power under the curve is so much better with the reflash. I dunno, that's just a perception obviously.

Ok... I've been talking to some people at school that knows george (guy with the M3) better than me. 1. My friend Phong has told me the M3 is stock and he knows for a fact. 2. Some guy i just met tells me that he doesn't think it's an M3 at all! He's been told it's a 328. Cuz he said he never pops his hood, and he said one time he did and there was no M3 or M power emblem under there . And no, he doesn't have the M3 badge either. I've been trying to look at the pics of the M3 and 328is on cardomain... i can't tell the difference! Anyone got a solution? or shall i wait for them to race and find out? lol

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    Lol, vtec kicks in at 5800rpms stock, and with Hondata it kicks in at 5200rpms.

Fuel cutoff stock is 8200rpms. Fuel cutoff with Hondata reflash and stock cams is 8600rpms.

If he has ITR cams and the ITR reflash, I believe vtec kicks in at 4800rpms and fuel cutoff hits at 8800rpms. Just FYI

BTW, I'm amazed that you said vtec kicks in harder now that he got the reflash. Most people say they can't feel the vtec transition hardly anymore (including myself) because the power under the curve is so much better with the reflash. I dunno, that's just a perception obviously.
    lol, eh, I was close, I havent been with him when he hit vtec in awhile. But yea, it's not noticeable, true, but you can feel it push you back more when it gets up there is what i pretty much meant.

lol, eh, I was close, I havent been with him when he hit vtec in awhile. But yea, it's not noticeable, true, but you can feel it push you back more when it gets up there is what i pretty much meant.
    Yea, you definitely feel the power difference up top with the Hondata reflash. At about 7k rpms, that's when things start to REALLY pick up IMO. Its so nice how you never fall out of the power band with Hondata as well, when you shift at 8600rpms and it lands right back around 6k rpms. Right in the sweet spot!

95 M3 has a more aggressive body kit(the nose most notably), weighs 3175 lbs and has 240hp and 225lb-ft, M has different wheels, It should have Motorsports(M) emblem on the shifter, instrument cluster(bottom of speedo), sill plates(should say M3), the bottom of the steering wheel(right in the middle) should be a 3 spoke steering wheel not 4 also(not possitive on a 95). Unless he took all of those off to be stealth

No such thing as a 95 328, the 2.8 wasn't brought on till 96. a 96 328 is 3120 lbs with 190hp and 220lb-ft.

95 M3

96 M3(same as 95)

96 328

Tell him to pop the hood, if it doesn't have the M Power Valve cover he's FOS
    an 05 wrx wagon with a few mods and an 06 G35 sedan with none.

Is your 95 M3 stock?
    stock and slow!

I need to sell this bucket, it's falling apart.

I used to own a 99 E36 328is (they switched to e46 for the 4 door only, 2 door stayed 36 till 2000) with a full M3 package. It was basically an M3 with a 190hp 2.8L I-6 instead of the 240 3.2 or 3.0 whichever it was that year. But if you took off the badge on the back there was absolutly NO WAY to tell it apart from an M3 (my friend had a 96 M3). It had the same bodykit exhaust, M// badges on the inside...everything If i remember right it even had the M// badge on the engine, just no 3 after it. I know stock for stock it felt faster than my RSX Type-S, but not much (mostly RWD vs FWD difference) and probably ran a low 15sec or hight 14 with EXCEPTIONAL driving. If your friend's RSX is modded you should take him, just be carefull cuzz if he can launch at all (sounds like probably not) he may get enough in the low end to hold you off if he's lightly modded in an M3.

Ok... I've been talking to some people at school that knows george (guy with the M3) better than me. 1. My friend Phong has told me the M3 is stock and he knows for a fact. 2. Some guy i just met tells me that he doesn't think it's an M3 at all! He's been told it's a 328. Cuz he said he never pops his hood, and he said one time he did and there was no M3 or M power emblem under there . And no, he doesn't have the M3 badge either. I've been trying to look at the pics of the M3 and 328is on cardomain... i can't tell the difference! Anyone got a solution? or shall i wait for them to race and find out? lol
    It doesn't matter. With your friends mods on his RSX-S he will pull on a stock E35 M3 and completely destroy a stock 328 so your in the clear either way.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12