03 Cobra DYNO w/ CAT-BACK AND DIABLO CHIP....WOW!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 03 Cobra DYNO w/ CAT-BACK AND DIABLO CHIP....WOW! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I installed a 3" DynoMax Cat-back system and a Diablo chip yesterday. Also have a K&N filter. The Diablo chip ...

03 Cobra DYNO w/ CAT-BACK AND DIABLO CHIP....WOW!

I installed a 3" DynoMax Cat-back system and a Diablo chip yesterday. Also have a K&N filter. The Diablo chip was not the aggressive tune for the intake ad exhaust. It was the basic tune.

THE NUMBERS ARE SAE CORRECTED NUMBERS!! MY NUMBERS WHERE ACTUALLY HIGHER FOR THIS DAY:

PRESSURE: 30.02 in Hg
    INTAKE TEMP: 84.9 F
    Correction Factor: 0.98 SAE

MAX POWER: 413.7 RWHP
    MAX TORQUE: 397.9 RWTQ

I think I'm around 450-460 at the flywheel. With only $1200 in mods!

SOTP and IMPRESSIONS:
    WR-X betta have NOS, BIGGER TURBO, pipe, no cats, 5" exhaust, and a Vette pushing it!

I think the car can break a 0-60 in 3.9 on a good traction day with cool/cold air!!!

BOTTOM LINE:

THe WR-X is not that diffent in that we are both "blown" (hehe he...Blown...). Any mods should REALLY wake up the vehicle. DO SOME CHEAP EASY MODS! You will be AMAZED!

03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice

I hope I can meet someone locally who's cool w/ a 03+ Cobra and check it out. Hehe ... $1200+ in mod for XX whp increase ... it's so nice. Yeah I need a chip ... all I want is 0-60 <3.9.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

I think what gets you to 60 QUICKLY is TORQUE! The WR-X will lack TQ due to its small engine. BUT you can gain BIG TQ increases with boost increases. I know the biggest TQ increase for me next is the pulley swap. SCARED to do it!

Traction & Torgue are key to getting the car moving. I dont know what the WR-X has TQ wise? But I know you guys have LOTS of traction!

Perhaps lightening the car a bit. Open up ALL inlets and exhuasts from the engine. Chip, then boost! You should be close I would think. Is not the WRX a 5.0 second car stock? Or damn close?

Defintately one of the BIGGEST sleepers in the small car/imports in a LONG time! With soooo MUCH potential!
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Brutal.

Whatcha need all that power for?
    2002 WRX Sedan - 2000 Mazda Miata
    Do us all a favor: work on learning how to drive your car before adding more power. Pretty please.

The weird thing is that when I was at the speed shop yesterday, I was on the fence about changing the blower pulley. Was afraid it might be too much power and not be able to get traction... Glad I didnt do it! Maybe next year.

Pulley swao supposedly puts me in the 470-490 RWHP range and over 500 in TQ. NUTS!

ITS A SICKNESS AND IF YOU'RE READING THIS THREAD... YOU GOT IT TOO!
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

!!!!! Holy smokes! It took my '94 Mustang GT packin' a .030" over 5.0 with Edelbrock aluminum heads + intake (ported), Steed-ground cam, Powerdyne @ 11psi to run 430RWHP!!! Wow... I spent too much money on mods, and not enough on the brand new car! :-) *drool*

Well... Well... I can drive better in snow than you can! Nyah, Nyah. j/p - nice numbers!

P.S. In that trim (~430RWHP) the car went 11.80's all night long on M/T 26x8.5" slicks...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Actually ...

Yeah the REX does 0-60 in 5.6sec +\- stock and mine does 4.8+\- ... uppipe, downpipe, catback, and MBC @16psi. All these figure are done w/ a full tank of gas, spare tire, tools, and rook rack. I'm running 213.2 whp and 185 ft/lb and hoping to get around 265whp w/ a properly turned chip. I'm thinking 240+\-whp w/out tunning and 265+\- whp once tunned. I want <3.9.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

chuglobal: You'll get there. All it takes is money and parts. Then practice. No doubt you can get there. I think I'm there on a cold day with traction.

Not sure I'll try the 03 Cobra in the snow. Dont think so. Even a 1/2" layer is going to require 500 lbs of lead in the trunk!
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

geez nice stang, too bad mines a little $%$%@#version stang, what can i say i was young and uninformed
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

In Northern VA too

I'd like to check out the car sometime (since I am local), you can see my mods under the comprehensive mod list thread
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

great #'s! That new Cobra is just awesome! Kinda makes me miss my old TTZ with 470+ to the ground. That kind of power is addictive! And yep, the most difficult thing is trying to get it all hooked up! In my Z, I could run high 3's to 60 and 0-100 in 8 sec flat but I had to start off the line in second gear and drop the clutch at 3krpms...launching in first was useless unless I wanted to make big clouds of smoke

badazz car you have there! enjoy it!
    IHI VF-34, ECUTEK Tuned
    290whp@6300rpms@15.8psi
    247tq@5200rpms@16.9psi
    ( Dynapack Hydraulic dyno )

My side project, ls1 trans am, when it was just in "Bolt on" Form went 12.6 @ 115... Shes sitting in the shop until i haveenough money to finish her, putting all the money into the rex atthe moment

Rob

The LS1 is an AWSOME engine and amazed me when I drove it. Sooo much potential there!
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Re: 03 Cobra DYNO w/ CAT-BACK AND DIABLO CHIP....WOW!

Originally posted by 03Cobra
    I installed a 3" DynoMax Cat-back system and a Diablo chip yesterday. Also have a K&N filter. The Diablo chip was not the aggressive tune for the intake ad exhaust. It was the basic tune.

THE NUMBERS ARE SAE CORRECTED NUMBERS!! MY NUMBERS WHERE ACTUALLY HIGHER FOR THIS DAY:

PRESSURE: 30.02 in Hg
    INTAKE TEMP: 84.9 F
    Correction Factor: 0.98 SAE

MAX POWER: 413.7 RWHP
    MAX TORQUE: 397.9 RWTQ

I think I'm around 450-460 at the flywheel. With only $1200 in mods!

SOTP and IMPRESSIONS:
    WR-X betta have NOS, BIGGER TURBO, pipe, no cats, 5" exhaust, and a Vette pushing it!

I think the car can break a 0-60 in 3.9 on a good traction day with cool/cold air!!!

BOTTOM LINE:

THe WR-X is not that diffent in that we are both "blown" (hehe he...Blown...). Any mods should REALLY wake up the vehicle. DO SOME CHEAP EASY MODS! You will be AMAZED!

Awesome car man. A buddy of mine has a '00 Cobra Convert that he slapped a Paxton on, its ungodly fast but he has some traction issues. You look like you have a sweet set up, plus you have the raw cubic inches backing you up. I am a former mustang owner myself, I had a 89 LX 5.0 and a 93 GT, both of them I modified somewhat. The mustang was always a great car, pretty bulletproof and easy to work on. Anyways, sweet ride and thanks for sharing!

No problem. My best friend posts on the forum and just bought a WRX. I figure we ALL love cars and its nice to hear whats going on with the various cars.

The WRX is the biggest sleeper out IMO. Can hang with a LOT of the big boys and KILL some of them too in stock form. Stang GT - not a problem!! Thats a pretty slow car IMO. Give a 2001 Cobra a good run (stock one). Perhaps even a Z28 a decent challenge.

A few mods and the WRX is prolly one of the cheapest and fastest cars out there.

LOVE IT!

ONE THING FOR SURE ABOUT THOSE SUBARU'S... THEY ARE BULLET PROOF! you can run them 300K EASY and run them HARD! Like a Toyota.

My uncle does just that.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.