03 Cobra DYNO w/ CAT-BACK AND DIABLO CHIP....WOW! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 03 Cobra DYNO w/ CAT-BACK AND DIABLO CHIP....WOW! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; In my buddy's 03' Cobra It was unreal how hard that car pulls and how fast it gets to 100+ ...

Smoked a Viper as well...

In my buddy's 03' Cobra

It was unreal how hard that car pulls and how fast it gets to 100+ mph. Like I said, he's got similar mods to 03 Cobra with the exception of the tune on his chip and the supercharger pulley.

I got my WRX because my 3 favorite words are "Forrest Service Road". If I wasn't such a dirt monkey, I would have gotten the 03 Cobra. They're both the best cars for their money and nothing else comes close to either on in their price range.

I still think they're really apples and oranges. Those of you who haven't taken your WRX on the dirt or gravel are really missing out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes you're right they are a tough comparison. But all it takes is a ride/drive in one or the other.

Yea, the pulley makes a huge difference in the Cobra. Problem is traction. If you can't put it to the ground, it aint worth it.

I am already having problems with wheel hop since my mods. IRS is even beefed up on the 03 to combat hop...
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Congrats on your new 03 Cobra. I think it's great that Mustang stands for speed now instead of "Loud and Slow, but can be fast with cheap mods" routine.

So, there is 03 Cobra around here. Finally.
    Sooner or later, I guess we will line up eventually. If you see a silver M Roadster with huge quad tail pipes, it would be me!

There are bunch of bimmer and S2000 guys going to MIR on 10/6. You are welcomed to join if you are interested.
    SCed S54 M

mir

Mike,
    Why don't you pick me up at national on the 11th and we will head right out to MIR.......those that read this post please come as well.......as for the topic of this post I still believe the wrx (especially if you are considering handling mods would out handle the cobra anyday in the curves).....ayour car definitely has the advantage in power no one will argue that one...so the straight a way would be tough for most of us....but I know you also realize we are not even at half the liter-age

Originally posted by epsilon
    I'm currently sitting on the fence, trying to decide between a 03 WRX and a Cobra. Based on what you saw at the autox, how would you say the 2 cars compare, handling-wise? (The WRX I'm looking at would have the STi suspension option and 17" wheels.)

Anyone else want to convince me, one way or another?
    wait a while and get an STi you get the solid 6 speed and xenon lights as well as a better engine too

Problem is, once you get the new car bug, it's hard to wait that long I can't even wait to take a look at the evo 8...

Anyway, it looks like I lost the domestic fight and I'll be joining the WRX ranks in a couple of weeks. I'll just have to wait for the rain and snow before I can go up against the 03 Cobra

Thanks to all for the replies.

I know beleive me I've got it too but I'm waiting till next year when subaru change a couple of models and the new RX8 is out as well as these new kick arse ford falcons coming out. but I think the B4 is still on top as long as I can get one that isn't detuned.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234