03 Cobra DYNO w/ CAT-BACK AND DIABLO CHIP....WOW! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 03 Cobra DYNO w/ CAT-BACK AND DIABLO CHIP....WOW! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Since Chebby crapped on their Camaro/FireChicken base, looks like Ford is going to be bringing the pain in the future....

Since Chebby crapped on their Camaro/FireChicken base, looks like Ford is going to be bringing the pain in the future.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

03 Cobra, I received your message but I am not sure I can make it out to MIR this weekend. Regardless, I hope to hook up sometime soon.
    Take it easy on those vettes in the time being
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

No problem if you cant go to MIR.

Maybe we can meet at the new 7-11 over coffee one COOL morning. Probably toy with them on 50 west. Not much traffic. No cops usually. Good place to run them. At least to 80.

I KNOW you're going to want to run them from a stop. I will agree if we can run them from a roll too. I suck off the line.

I will be getting coffee at the 7-11 this Saturday morning around 8:00am.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

ha

why don't you chumps wait until the weekend of the 13th and then I'll come down and smoke both of you.........the trauma seen as the stock rex cruises by each of you as you blow your engines :-).......then again, maybe my stage 4 with UTEC will be installed by then as well :-)~~~~~.....on order now

The '03 Cobra is one very sweet ride. It is what I would be piloting if I was not in possession of the WRX. Nice numbers, man!

-Pace

Originally posted by WRXreX
    380HP TurboXS UTEC Stage 4TMI WRX runs (turboxs.com)

0-60 MPH in 3.3 seconds

1/8 mile in 7.674 seconds @ 91.55 MPH

1/4 mile in 11.96 seconds @ 115.12 MPH

TurboXS UTEC Stage 4TMI $4976 TXS UTEC Computer, TXS Cat-less Uppipe, TXS Exhaust System, TXS TMI Intercooler, 520 cc Injectors, 255 liter Fuel Pump, and a IHI VF30 Turbocharger.

WRX do not need Vette pushing it to hang with Cobra
    If I recall correctly, the only way TurboXS got Phil's car into the 11's was with a 50 shot of nitrous ... which isn't mentioned here... but if you go to their website, you'll notice they sell the NX kit as well.....
    02 Blaze Yellow WRX >>> 04 STi >>> 05 300c SRT8 w/100 shot >>> 06 EVO IX ... I'm loving it!!

03Cobra - You gotta get the pully

I'm coming late to this thread but I have to say that the supercharger pully mod works wonders and you won't regret it. I helped my buddy with his mods (which are almost identical to yours) except he got an agressive tune for his chip and the supercharger pully.

He runs 11's all day. nuff said.

Yea I hear guys with my setup and a pulley do 11's on F1's... I think some slicks and a cold night you will start hearing more 10's on these 03 Cobra's.

I *THINK* a great driver, good track, and cool temps and my car would tag a high 11 as is. I could be wrong.

Going to track soon to see what my mods did for me. Might be getting the pulley change soon as well.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Might be pretty close with those estimates... My Mustang could do mid to high-11's with 430RWHP on slicks...
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

There was a '03 Cobra at the last autox I did. I was really impressed by it. Does your exhaust give it a better sound? The one at the autox was stock, so all you heard was the lightning-esque blower whine. The stock exhaust isn't nearly loud enough IMO.

tcc

Originally posted by 03Cobra
    Yea I hear guys with my setup and a pulley do 11's on F1's... I think some slicks and a cold night you will start hearing more 10's on these 03 Cobra's.

I *THINK* a great driver, good track, and cool temps and my car would tag a high 11 as is. I could be wrong.

Going to track soon to see what my mods did for me. Might be getting the pulley change soon as well.
    F-1's? No... Those things will get lit on fire and melt to goo before you run 11's on them... Even at 19 PSI. Get a set of Nitto 555R's and if you really want some stick buy some VHT traction compound. F-1s are good stock tires but they don't have enough contact patch and tack for high torque.

Originally posted by thechickencow
    There was a '03 Cobra at the last autox I did. I was really impressed by it.
    I'm currently sitting on the fence, trying to decide between a 03 WRX and a Cobra. Based on what you saw at the autox, how would you say the 2 cars compare, handling-wise? (The WRX I'm looking at would have the STi suspension option and 17" wheels.)

Anyone else want to convince me, one way or another?

cash

depends on how much cash you have........if you want to spend 35K, get the cobra, my friend loves his (his posts are all above in this thread). I on the other hand, love my rex...and saved 11K in the process

btw, i don't think the cobra's handle better than the wrx's, someone will need to convince me of that because I don't believe it.

Well, I don't think it's an $11k difference. The Rex with the suspension and 17" wheels is a tad over $30k MSRP (but can prolly get it for just under $28k). If I throw in another $6k, I can add the Cobb RT Spec kit, which will keep up with the Cobra. At that point I will have spent an equal amount of $s but will be reaching the limits of the drivetrain (and pretty much will have voided the factory warranty).

My heart is with the Cobra (I drive a 97 and had a 95 before that) but my SO is much more amenable to a 4-door car

Having said all that, I'm more interested in cornering than straight line performance, so if someone can objectively reassure me that the WRX is equal or better in that respect, I'll be driving a Suby real soon.

PS. I'm not really saying I'll necessarily go with the RT Spec (or that that kind of power can't be had more cheaply), I just used it as an easily quantifiable way of comparing $s.
    Last edited by epsilon; 09-24-2002 at 07:37 PM.

The Cobra has VERY VERY good handling characteristics and handles BETTER than the 2000 Cobra R.

As far as which car, heres the skinny:

WRX
    ----
    Better Fit & Finish
    Longer Lasting - its a Subaru
    Less Maintenance
    Great Bang for the Buck in performance
    VEry fast with mods
    Economical
    Cheaper insurance!!!
    Drives in snow

COBRA
    -------
    I like the looks better
    MuscleCar feel to it
    Handling is better than you think
    Very Fast Stock
    UN-FREAKIN-REAL MODDED!!!
    Snow? No go!

Whats more important to you? Looks, Style, comfort, acceleration?

NO MATTER WHAT YOU BOLT ON TO THAT WRX THE COBRA CAN BE MODDED TOO AND WILL ALWAYS OUT SPRINT ONE!!! IF YOU CAN GET GOOD TRACTION!

The Cobra is RAW power! I have smoked EVERY car I've road raced to this day. C5's? No problem...Even smoked a Viper 4 times.

I only put a 3" cat back, K&N, and Diablo chip (regular tune) and got 420 HP at the rear (413.7 SAE). Thats HUGE! Cost? About $1000 installed and woke the car up BIG TIME!

I vote Cobra! But I love american V8 muscle!
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast