03 Cobra DYNO w/ CAT-BACK AND DIABLO CHIP....WOW! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 03 Cobra DYNO w/ CAT-BACK AND DIABLO CHIP....WOW! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Excellent numbers. Great job, those '03 Cobras absolutely rock. Gool luck with getting that 0-60 time though. It's gonna take ...

Excellent numbers. Great job, those '03 Cobras absolutely rock.

Gool luck with getting that 0-60 time though. It's gonna take alot of practice to get that power down. FYI the Ferrari Enzo does 0-60 in 3.6 and has 650 hp and I know it's using bigger meats, plus you don't have to press a clutch.

But anyway, thanks for sharing your dyno runs. Cobra R owners must be crapping their pants by now.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WOW

I'm a fan of 01' and 03' Cobras.

Thats some sick power man. Can't wait to see some time slips.

DRIVE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT!!!!!
    Team Mullet Racing
    2004 White Evolution VIII - Wingless and Altezzaless
    www.forgivendriven.com

SOLD - Stage 4 WRX Wagon - 12.7 at 106mph - SOLD

Re: Re: 03 Cobra DYNO w/ CAT-BACK AND DIABLO CHIP....WOW!

Originally posted by Mad Max 03

Awesome car man. A buddy of mine has a '00 Cobra Convert that he slapped a Paxton on, its ungodly fast but he has some traction issues. You look like you have a sweet set up, plus you have the raw cubic inches backing you up. I am a former mustang owner myself, I had a 89 LX 5.0 and a 93 GT, both of them I modified somewhat. The mustang was always a great car, pretty bulletproof and easy to work on. Anyways, sweet ride and thanks for sharing!

there were no cobras made in 2000 other than the Cobra R. it's either a 99 01 or 03 in that body style. Just curious waht year because im curious to know what he had to do to the engine to slap a paxton on a stock 4.6L. and he has traction issues big time if it's a 99. that was the first year of the IRS and it has a ****ty wheel hop even with the extra convertible weight in the rear. there were upgrades in 01 but still a ****ty wheel hop. tell him to change his bushings to make it chill a little bit.

Rob

380HP TurboXS UTEC Stage 4TMI WRX runs (turboxs.com)

0-60 MPH in 3.3 seconds

1/8 mile in 7.674 seconds @ 91.55 MPH

1/4 mile in 11.96 seconds @ 115.12 MPH

TurboXS UTEC Stage 4TMI $4976 TXS UTEC Computer, TXS Cat-less Uppipe, TXS Exhaust System, TXS TMI Intercooler, 520 cc Injectors, 255 liter Fuel Pump, and a IHI VF30 Turbocharger.

WRX do not need Vette pushing it to hang with Cobra
    Last edited by WRXreX; 09-13-2002 at 02:52 PM.

More TQ makes it worse. My 01' Lightning at it's height was 607TQ at the crank and it was impossible to get hooked up - with traction bars, Mickey T's, and VHT sprayed on the tires and the track. The 03 Cobra has to have the same issues. I just wonder why they didn't shove the 5.4 w/32 valves in there to begin with? Same block, longer stroke. More torque!!! Lower peak RPM's though.

Dollar for dollar, the (03)SVT Cobra and Lightning will be be less expensive to gain HP from.

What size lower pulley's are out for the Cobra? I had a 6# on my L. Sick. Some guys ran the 6# lower and the 2# upper - too much boost for the Eaton in my opnion.
    Last edited by Master Of Pain; 09-13-2002 at 03:51 PM.

Torque at the crank is overrated. If engine A has more power than engine B, engine A can ALWAYS get more torque to the wheels by using optimal gearing.

cobra/rex

Mike...this is what I was talking about for you to check out, quoted from above thread:

"380HP TurboXS UTEC Stage 4TMI WRX runs (turboxs.com)

0-60 MPH in 3.3 seconds

TurboXS UTEC Stage 4TMI $4976 TXS UTEC Computer, TXS Cat-less Uppipe, TXS Exhaust System, TXS TMI Intercooler, 520 cc Injectors, 255 liter Fuel Pump, and a IHI VF30 Turbocharger.

WRX do not need Vette pushing it to hang with Cobra "

That's pretty damn fast for a 2.0 :-).....can't wait to see how you and the local VA guy do against one another, and he doesn't even have the UTEC chip yet since they aren't out yet.

Neither torque nor horsepower make for a quick 0-60. It's all about the traction..

jb

03 Cobra is not just local, he's in the same neighborhood! Anyways I think Ford did the right thing with the Cobra, with the recent departure of the z28, it was good to see that Ford raised the bar instead of dilluting the car.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

meeting

u guys gonna try to hook up this weekend? Dang, wish i was still living in VA :-(

i cant wait to for the UTEC Stage 4 to come out. i wouldnt get the TMI because i have planse for a Front Mount Intercooler
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

If ALL8UP has that stage 4 kit and can do a 0-60 in 3.3, he will SLAUGHTER ME!

I could prolly do a high 11 second run with EXCELLENT track conditions, awsome slicks, and a VERY good run!

I am emailing/phoning ALL8UP. We will meet eventually. Trying to get him to go to MIR this Friday.

would LOVE to see a modded WRX kill this lightly modded Cobra. 4 banger kill a BLOWN V8...WOW! Thats one for the books!
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Originally posted by WRXreX
    380HP TurboXS UTEC Stage 4TMI WRX runs (turboxs.com)

0-60 MPH in 3.3 seconds

WRX do not need Vette pushing it to hang with Cobra
    i went to their website where did you get these figures from those are impressive and i definately want that
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Re: Re: Re: 03 Cobra DYNO w/ CAT-BACK AND DIABLO CHIP....WOW!

Originally posted by RobPA

there were no cobras made in 2000 other than the Cobra R. it's either a 99 01 or 03 in that body style. Just curious waht year because im curious to know what he had to do to the engine to slap a paxton on a stock 4.6L. and he has traction issues big time if it's a 99. that was the first year of the IRS and it has a ****ty wheel hop even with the extra convertible weight in the rear. there were upgrades in 01 but still a ****ty wheel hop. tell him to change his bushings to make it chill a little bit.

Rob
    You're right Rob, I've been telling people his car was a lot newer than it is (it looks really clean heh). He bought it used in 2001, it's a 96. Also, he slapped on a Vortech not a Paxton, he got it for dirt cheap since his company does seals for Vortech. Not sure how much modification it took to put it on. He's running a lot of boost (around 18 psi). He complains about lag and no traction. I'll let him know about the bushings, thanks for the info.

Man, that is awesome! I'll bet the guys on CamaroZ28.com would crap themselves if they read your #s. tee hee hee (I'm a former f-body guy... traded the 00 Z28 for the WRX)...
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast