GT30R 56 trim GSX vs Modded Sti

This is a discussion on GT30R 56 trim GSX vs Modded Sti within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I was coming back from dropping Ariane off at her apartment. It was about 2:45AM and cold and clear ...

GT30R 56 trim GSX vs Modded Sti

Well I was coming back from dropping Ariane off at her apartment. It was about 2:45AM and cold and clear outside. I was in the slow lane of the freeway trying to stay awake crusing at a conservative 55mph, somewhat paranoid from all the cops I had seen that evening. Then those oh so familiar light comes up fast lane. A black STi lowered with black wheels and exhaust. 2 guys just pimpin in their Subaru.

I just can't walk away from this. I have no gas, bald front pass tire and tired as hell and about to come up on my exit. But my psyche won't let me leave it. It's hard as hell to run a decent car nowadays. Last run was aginst a white G35 on the very same freeway at about the same time last weekend coming home from dropping her off. I smoked the hell out of that G35 but it was still enjoyable.

Well, again, this Sti thinks nothing of me and passes without a second glance. I really wanna mess this car up. I downshift to 3rd, pass him and give him a taste of my external wastegate. He bites. We weave through the few cars that are left in front of us and I get in the slow lane and wait at 60 mph.
    Instead of lining up, he does the fly-by starting a few lengths back.
    I react and get on it right as he passes me. Although he does have momentum I am sure I can catch and pass. Well I can't close the gap. I can't believe it. I get excited. I get next to him again and start honking. He takes off on the first freaking honk.

Well, after the inital 2 cars he pulls on me from going early, he pulls another 2-4 cars up to 145-ish mph. Damn this guy is fast. This is no stock turbo.
    Well as a desperate attempt to prove my worthiness I hit it from 3 cars back but he doesn't go. Then right when i get off it he hits it again and pulls me. By this time I feel I was getting heat soak and timing pulled. I conceeded. Not to losing to him but to having the slower car that night. I just wanted one clean run and I didn't get it. I was frustrated all the way back to my exit.

How the hell did that STi pull several carlengths on my 400hp GSX up top where my turbo shines? I haven't lost with this turbo kit yet and now I feel somewhat inferior. I was also pissed at the heatsoak and my Greddy FMIC in now going in the trash. I always post good kills so it is only fair to post this also. I feel like my car is slow now, and that sucks.
    95 GSX - GT30R

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HighPsiAwd
    Well I was coming back from dropping Ariane off at her apartment. It was about 2:45AM and cold and clear outside. I was in the slow lane of the freeway trying to stay awake crusing at a conservative 55mph, somewhat paranoid from all the cops I had seen that evening. Then those oh so familiar light comes up fast lane. A black STi lowered with black wheels and exhaust. 2 guys just pimpin in their Subaru.

I just can't walk away from this. I have no gas, bald front pass tire and tired as hell and about to come up on my exit. But my psyche won't let me leave it. It's hard as hell to run a decent car nowadays. Last run was aginst a white G35 on the very same freeway at about the same time last weekend coming home from dropping her off. I smoked the hell out of that G35 but it was still enjoyable.

Well, again, this Sti thinks nothing of me and passes without a second glance. I really wanna mess this car up. I downshift to 3rd, pass him and give him a taste of my external wastegate. He bites. We weave through the few cars that are left in front of us and I get in the slow lane and wait at 60 mph.
    I react and get on it right as he passes me. Although he does have momentum I am sure I can catch and pass. Well I can't close the gap. I can't believe it. I get excited. I get next to him again and start honking. He takes off on the first freaking honk.

Well, after the inital 2 cars he pulls on me from going early, he pulls another 2-4 cars up to 145-ish mph. Damn this guy is fast. This is no stock turbo.
    Well as a desperate attempt to prove my worthiness I hit it from 3 cars back but he doesn't go. Then right when i get off it he hits it again and pulls me. By this time I feel I was getting heat soak and timing pulled. I conceeded. Not to losing to him but to having the slower car that night. I just wanted one clean run and I didn't get it. I was frustrated all the way back to my exit.

How the hell did that STi pull several carlengths on my 400hp GSX up top where my turbo shines? I haven't lost with this turbo kit yet and now I feel somewhat inferior. I was also pissed at the heatsoak and my Greddy FMIC in now going in the trash. I always post good kills so it is only fair to post this also. I feel like my car is slow now, and that sucks.
    nice runs...

I tell ya though, there is nothing worse than that feeling of inferiority when you get owned running a setup that you yourself had previously been using to demolish all oponents until then,

I had a similar humbling experience against a turbocharged civic with a claimed 388whp a while back...With 320whp, I didnt have a chance from a 60mph roll.After ~110mph, it passed me and kept pulling.

My car is pretty quick (IMO), but after than night, my car felt like a Yugo..After a few more kills though, I'm happy again (for the time being!)
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

if it makes you feel any better, i got my panties ripped off by a heavily modded GST...
    i swore he was running Juice tho...beacuse we were dead even till about 50-60 MPH , when he just passed me at lightning speed.... He was trying too, i heard his RPMs redline every shift...so...eh...
    WuDekStyle: i took the meanest **** at work today, i created an island there was so much nastiness
    WuDekStyle: i felt like a wild animal
    Official Cinematographer for the Bugeye Mafia

Wow good stuff. I would suggest new tires? Black STi with black rims lowered
    If I came up on that I would no he's got something under the hood.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

There's always someone faster out there, good race though.

Quote Originally Posted by HighPsiAwd

where are you at. I know a guy with a similarly described car in the chicago area and he is running an 18G
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.