Burned S4 BI-Turbo - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Burned S4 BI-Turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Will, are you talking about the Yellow S4 that is always driving around DPA????...

Will, are you talking about the Yellow S4 that is always driving around DPA????
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had my a** handed to me by a modified Audi S4. His was black with black tint, debadged, very clean, squatting on 18" rubber and performance Sportec springs. This guy made my Cobb VF34 tune look like a 115 hp Civic. <Shakes head> I think I am going with a larger tmic, an 18G and moving to an Ecutek tune after this.

I know I can take a stock S4. An S4 weighs 4400 lbs. When I first passed him, I liked the looks of his car and traffic was clean up front so I pulled back into the right lane and kept it at 75. He caught up to me and I was happy to take a better look as I gazed for about ten seconds and we matched speed. I was hoping that this guy was just into looks as his car did have a clean, aggressive look to it. I thought, "Subie Time", as we both gunned it and his exhaust note sounded absolutely beautiful. This is when I realized that this guy was pulling on me hard. He had serious mods. We both took off from 80 mph and I was left wondering what was wrong with my turbo. I had downshifted into fourth and it didn't do me a bit of good. He left me sitting there. Six seconds later, he was ten carlengths ahead of me. He slowed down and I crept up a little sheepishly, I admit, owing to the fact that I was just owned.

Down the hwy, we came up on an intersection and we did a pull from a stoplight next. This was different as we only had one lane. I was sitting behind him at the light. We did a slow start till about 10 mph. Then he hit it, and I hit it. He left me again. I was trying so hard I mis-shifted into third. Ugh! I felt like a kid getting hammered for trying to play kickball with the older boys. Ouch!

If that EcuTek tune on the 18G doesn't work out... I may have to do something drastic.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~
    Name of wagon: GO GO Yubari

You did a lot better from a roll than I expected. As others have said, chipped S4's with exhaust bolt on's can run 12's with decent drivers.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    Will, are you talking about the Yellow S4 that is always driving around DPA????
    Yes.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

seems like the S4 would've won with the work done to it....good kill though

Quote Originally Posted by Demian
    I had my a** handed to me by a modified Audi S4. His was black with black tint, debadged, very clean, squatting on 18" rubber and performance Sportec springs. This guy made my Cobb VF34 tune look like a 115 hp Civic. <Shakes head> I think I am going with a larger tmic, an 18G and moving to an Ecutek tune after this.

I know I can take a stock S4. An S4 weighs 4400 lbs. When I first passed him, I liked the looks of his car and traffic was clean up front so I pulled back into the right lane and kept it at 75. He caught up to me and I was happy to take a better look as I gazed for about ten seconds and we matched speed. I was hoping that this guy was just into looks as his car did have a clean, aggressive look to it. I thought, "Subie Time", as we both gunned it and his exhaust note sounded absolutely beautiful. This is when I realized that this guy was pulling on me hard. He had serious mods. We both took off from 80 mph and I was left wondering what was wrong with my turbo. I had downshifted into fourth and it didn't do me a bit of good. He left me sitting there. Six seconds later, he was ten carlengths ahead of me. He slowed down and I crept up a little sheepishly, I admit, owing to the fact that I was just owned.

Down the hwy, we came up on an intersection and we did a pull from a stoplight next. This was different as we only had one lane. I was sitting behind him at the light. We did a slow start till about 10 mph. Then he hit it, and I hit it. He left me again. I was trying so hard I mis-shifted into third. Ugh! I felt like a kid getting hammered for trying to play kickball with the older boys. Ouch!

If that EcuTek tune on the 18G doesn't work out... I may have to do something drastic.
    There's a lot of S4's in boulder, just sitting at the bus stop on broadway the other day I saw 4 in about 5 mins. Two were the new v8's and two were the twin turbo v6's. have you seen the silver one that hangs around the hill, he has a clean looking kit on it. Makes me want fix my car as fast as possible and put my t3/t4 on for the summer.

Early this week, I was driving and I see a new 05, V8, S4. Up my A$$. He flew around me and took off. I didn't chase, to much traffic He had an aftermarket exaust. Also what looked to be a factory bodykit. Real bright blue color, Real nice. They are beautiful cars.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fre
    There aren't too many running 11s on the stocker. Check out the drag racing section where it lists 11.99 and faster. I bet most of those are larger turbos. Even if half those were stock turbos that is still not a very long list. If this is true you should be in the 11s. Don't let the bench racers convince you that it is practicle to get 11s on the stock turbo just because a few people on the site have. I might believe it if you have AEM and cams and I emphasize might. Mostly you see mid to high 12s on the stock turbo.

Good kill on the s4 and way to represent for the evo
    And then again, some vehicles can run 12's with not only the stock turbo, but a completely stock vehicle
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Damien83
    There's a lot of S4's in boulder, just sitting at the bus stop on broadway the other day I saw 4 in about 5 mins. Two were the new v8's and two were the twin turbo v6's. have you seen the silver one that hangs around the hill, he has a clean looking kit on it. Makes me want fix my car as fast as possible and put my t3/t4 on for the summer.
    The S4 is a beautiful car. Boulder has tons of em. I just have never seen a modded one this fricking fast. I don't get to the hill to much, just when I visit Harvey at Mamacitas. I have decided that I should start building my 2.5 liter STi swap out in the garage so that I can drop it in my wagon with a full STi 6 speed and differentials and ECU in 2006 or 2007. I just can't afford new cars every three or four years. A $40,000 new car is out of the question. With the WRX this yr, I am hoping to shoot for 275 - 300 whp using a larger TMIC and the 18G tdo6 turbo. Typically, I go easy on the clutch, but, who knows how long my transmission will hold. After five years, maybe the little WRX should be ready for the full swap? <press button> <engage long term planning mode>
    Last edited by Demian; 03-03-2005 at 10:35 AM.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~
    Name of wagon: GO GO Yubari

good kill will the same kid was trying to race me before but i didnt bother

nice kill, those things can be monsters
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by PE1820STI
    Now for you to run him, it would be a waste of gas for you. I'm sure soon enough he will be up there with some killer upgrades.
    O yea so will I

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PE1820STI
    Hijack...what EM are you using with your superzilla?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

From what I've heard, it's believable that a chip on an S4 would make that much of a difference. I don't know what it is about those cars, but aftermarket chips do a lot. I've met a few guys who said the chip was enough (although, IMO, there is no point of "enough" when it comes to modding cars ).

Quote Originally Posted by Tail_Lights_Fad
    From what I've heard, it's believable that a chip on an S4 would make that much of a difference. I don't know what it is about those cars, but aftermarket chips do a lot. I've met a few guys who said the chip was enough (although, IMO, there is no point of "enough" when it comes to modding cars ).
    yes, it makes a HUGE difference in these cars, particularly the S4's.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.