me vs. srt-4

This is a discussion on me vs. srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; note i live in Missouri and this is a big spot where people cruise and race...I decided to go visit ...

me vs. srt-4

note i live in Missouri and this is a big spot where people cruise and race...I decided to go visit South Lindbergh for the last time in a long ass time... Needless to say everything was the same since the last time i was there... Actually I went up to this group of people and asked who the owner of the s2000 was to see if it gained a little more power from mod's than the previous ones... Needless to say there was a gsr integra, new red gto, a silver cobra mustang with what sounded to be cutouts, a blue srt-4, and a few others... the Srt4 calls me out and wanted to run on 255... Since I am not from there I had no idea where it was... So I said sure... I wanted to end up starting out from a dig (not on the highway) but i agreed to go from a 45 mph punch... So we get on 255 and there really isn't any traffic what-so-ever... we drop to 45 mph (both of us in 2nd gear) and I honk off 3... On the third honk we went... 2nd gear into 3rd i had about a fender on him... 3rd to 4th i have about a car or so... beginning of 5th gear i had him by a couple cars... on the top of fifth its by about a bus length or so... then i shut down at +140.... That is the fastest I have ever taken my car and need i say i will probably never take it that fast ever again... the needle hit 140 while i was still at 5K and still had room to go, but i decided not to... So we shut down and i coasted back to acceptable speeds... Yes it was very stupid to be going that fast i know... but i did. We ended up in Ill. by then and turned around... He asked me what i had done and i told him my mods (vf34 turbo, sti injectors, full TBE, and Cobb Accessport) He said his only mod *if you call it a mod, was a bov... I could almost bet that he had something else... unless i could be mistaken... on the return trip back we ran again 2nd gear punch and i had him by about 2 cars before we shut down... It was a good race either way to look at it... those srt-4's are pretty quick.
    2002 WRX
    midnight black with pearl blue
    vf34 turbo upgrade, accessport stage 2.5

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

more displacement, less weight, and a turbo that flows almost as much as the 34 with less drivetrain loss. I can belive that's all the mods he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrider2004
    note i live in Missouri and this is a big spot where people cruise and race...I decided to go visit South Lindbergh for the last time in a long ass time... Needless to say everything was the same since the last time i was there... Actually I went up to this group of people and asked who the owner of the s2000 was to see if it gained a little more power from mod's than the previous ones... Needless to say there was a gsr integra, new red gto, a silver cobra mustang with what sounded to be cutouts, a blue srt-4, and a few others... the Srt4 calls me out and wanted to run on 255... Since I am not from there I had no idea where it was... So I said sure... I wanted to end up starting out from a dig (not on the highway) but i agreed to go from a 45 mph punch... So we get on 255 and there really isn't any traffic what-so-ever... we drop to 45 mph (both of us in 2nd gear) and I honk off 3... On the third honk we went... 2nd gear into 3rd i had about a fender on him... 3rd to 4th i have about a car or so... beginning of 5th gear i had him by a couple cars... on the top of fifth its by about a bus length or so... then i shut down at +140.... That is the fastest I have ever taken my car and need i say i will probably never take it that fast ever again... the needle hit 140 while i was still at 5K and still had room to go, but i decided not to... So we shut down and i coasted back to acceptable speeds... Yes it was very stupid to be going that fast i know... but i did. We ended up in Ill. by then and turned around... He asked me what i had done and i told him my mods (vf34 turbo, sti injectors, full TBE, and Cobb Accessport) He said his only mod *if you call it a mod, was a bov... I could almost bet that he had something else... unless i could be mistaken... on the return trip back we ran again 2nd gear punch and i had him by about 2 cars before we shut down... It was a good race either way to look at it... those srt-4's are pretty quick.