me vs. srt-4
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on me vs. srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; note i live in Missouri and this is a big spot where people cruise and race...I decided to go visit ...

me vs. srt-4

note i live in Missouri and this is a big spot where people cruise and race...I decided to go visit South Lindbergh for the last time in a long ass time... Needless to say everything was the same since the last time i was there... Actually I went up to this group of people and asked who the owner of the s2000 was to see if it gained a little more power from mod's than the previous ones... Needless to say there was a gsr integra, new red gto, a silver cobra mustang with what sounded to be cutouts, a blue srt-4, and a few others... the Srt4 calls me out and wanted to run on 255... Since I am not from there I had no idea where it was... So I said sure... I wanted to end up starting out from a dig (not on the highway) but i agreed to go from a 45 mph punch... So we get on 255 and there really isn't any traffic what-so-ever... we drop to 45 mph (both of us in 2nd gear) and I honk off 3... On the third honk we went... 2nd gear into 3rd i had about a fender on him... 3rd to 4th i have about a car or so... beginning of 5th gear i had him by a couple cars... on the top of fifth its by about a bus length or so... then i shut down at +140.... That is the fastest I have ever taken my car and need i say i will probably never take it that fast ever again... the needle hit 140 while i was still at 5K and still had room to go, but i decided not to... So we shut down and i coasted back to acceptable speeds... Yes it was very stupid to be going that fast i know... but i did. We ended up in Ill. by then and turned around... He asked me what i had done and i told him my mods (vf34 turbo, sti injectors, full TBE, and Cobb Accessport) He said his only mod *if you call it a mod, was a bov... I could almost bet that he had something else... unless i could be mistaken... on the return trip back we ran again 2nd gear punch and i had him by about 2 cars before we shut down... It was a good race either way to look at it... those srt-4's are pretty quick.
    2002 WRX
    midnight black with pearl blue
    vf34 turbo upgrade, accessport stage 2.5

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

more displacement, less weight, and a turbo that flows almost as much as the 34 with less drivetrain loss. I can belive that's all the mods he had.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrider2004
    note i live in Missouri and this is a big spot where people cruise and race...I decided to go visit South Lindbergh for the last time in a long ass time... Needless to say everything was the same since the last time i was there... Actually I went up to this group of people and asked who the owner of the s2000 was to see if it gained a little more power from mod's than the previous ones... Needless to say there was a gsr integra, new red gto, a silver cobra mustang with what sounded to be cutouts, a blue srt-4, and a few others... the Srt4 calls me out and wanted to run on 255... Since I am not from there I had no idea where it was... So I said sure... I wanted to end up starting out from a dig (not on the highway) but i agreed to go from a 45 mph punch... So we get on 255 and there really isn't any traffic what-so-ever... we drop to 45 mph (both of us in 2nd gear) and I honk off 3... On the third honk we went... 2nd gear into 3rd i had about a fender on him... 3rd to 4th i have about a car or so... beginning of 5th gear i had him by a couple cars... on the top of fifth its by about a bus length or so... then i shut down at +140.... That is the fastest I have ever taken my car and need i say i will probably never take it that fast ever again... the needle hit 140 while i was still at 5K and still had room to go, but i decided not to... So we shut down and i coasted back to acceptable speeds... Yes it was very stupid to be going that fast i know... but i did. We ended up in Ill. by then and turned around... He asked me what i had done and i told him my mods (vf34 turbo, sti injectors, full TBE, and Cobb Accessport) He said his only mod *if you call it a mod, was a bov... I could almost bet that he had something else... unless i could be mistaken... on the return trip back we ran again 2nd gear punch and i had him by about 2 cars before we shut down... It was a good race either way to look at it... those srt-4's are pretty quick.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.