r32 vs. newer boxster s
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on r32 vs. newer boxster s within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As i was on the expressway earlier today trying to instigate a race with a 20th anniversary, i see this ...

r32 vs. newer boxster s

As i was on the expressway earlier today trying to instigate a race with a 20th anniversary, i see this porsche boxster pass me by. I start following it and check out what it is, i see that it was the S version, so i got up next to it. I floored it so i can give the guy a notice that i wanna do a quick run. He notices and he downshifts, and so do i. I get next to him and he floors it and so do i. The run is from 50mph to about 110mph, and we were even to about 80mph and then boom i start passing him. At about 100mph im a car in front and still pulling slowly. We slowed down because we caught up to a pack of cars, we got passed them and we went again. He was in front so he floored it, but i started the chase. There was no one in front and we were at a huge 5 lane area of the expressway. Because of the traffic behind, this run started at about 45mph with him about 2 cars in front and it took me to about 90mph to actually pull even with his speed and by about 120 i was next to him and at about 140 was about 2-3 cars in front, when i decided to slow down. Yes, 140mph, but its fine, there was seriously no one in front of us at all... if anyone knows of this area, it really was dead at the moment. I love how fast the r32 gets to 140 and with such ease. Anyhow, i was quite impressed with my cars performance.

From what i have looked up, the newer boxster s's hit high 13's @ 102mph. not bad.

Now i know that my car does have better top end than the h8ers want to believe.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

doesn't the ad for WRXs suggest that it's faster than the boxter? or boxter S? i dunno.. anyone remember?
    Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    I have a tauren shaman level 52 on the Tichondrious server.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotguntc88
    Try going without underwear (old hippie day thing that I never got over)

Pee dribbles on your jeans when you park it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    As i was on the expressway earlier today trying to instigate a race with a 20th anniversary, i see this porsche boxster pass me by. I start following it and check out what it is, i see that it was the S version, so i got up next to it. I floored it so i can give the guy a notice that i wanna do a quick run. He notices and he downshifts, and so do i. I get next to him and he floors it and so do i. The run is from 50mph to about 110mph, and we were even to about 80mph and then boom i start passing him. At about 100mph im a car in front and still pulling slowly. We slowed down because we caught up to a pack of cars, we got passed them and we went again. He was in front so he floored it, but i started the chase. There was no one in front and we were at a huge 5 lane area of the expressway. Because of the traffic behind, this run started at about 45mph with him about 2 cars in front and it took me to about 90mph to actually pull even with his speed and by about 120 i was next to him and at about 140 was about 2-3 cars in front, when i decided to slow down. Yes, 140mph, but its fine, there was seriously no one in front of us at all... if anyone knows of this area, it really was dead at the moment. I love how fast the r32 gets to 140 and with such ease. Anyhow, i was quite impressed with my cars performance.

From what i have looked up, the newer boxster s's hit high 13's @ 102mph. not bad.

Now i know that my car does have better top end than the h8ers want to believe.

nice race.... Your car must have better top end than I though, many boxster-s trap around 102-103mph. I cant wait to see your trap and 1/4mile times. I expect a 13.3 out of you

Quote Originally Posted by lanevoell
    doesn't the ad for WRXs suggest that it's faster than the boxter? or boxter S? i dunno.. anyone remember?
    You are more than likely refering to the base boxster. The boxster S is about .3-.5s faster in the 1/4 and traps about 8mph higher.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by lanevoell
    there is a huge difference between the boxster and boxster s. The boxster will run a 14.6-15.0 @ 95mph while the boxster s will run a 13.8-14.1 @ 102mph.

i would love to run a 13.3 but we'll see. Ill be happy with a 13.5.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Good kill. Still waiting for a Porsche run. Main goal is to run a 4S.
    To bad you don't live near me. It would be a good run.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.