Mach 1 vs. STi
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mach 1 vs. STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A little background.....So my friend's neighbor just got a 2004 Mach 1 and noticed my car last time I was ...

Mach 1 vs. STi

A little background.....So my friend's neighbor just got a 2004 Mach 1 and noticed my car last time I was over at his place.

He extended a friendly challenge at the next Test and Tune day at the track. Both cars are stock. How do you think I would stand up? I did some searches but I can't find any consistent track times on the Mach 1.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dude you will totally rape this guy, from a roll while eating McDonalds and talking to your buddy on the phone. Mach 1's are in between the GT's and the Cobras.

2005/04 ford mustang Mach 1 Premium 2dr Coupe
    Wednesday 05.12.04 [9:59 am]

MSRP:$29,135
    Engine Specs: 4.6L V-8 300 HP
    Transmission: 5-spd man w/OD

Powertrain

4.6L V-8 DOHC SMPI 32 valve engine
    5-speed manual transmission with overdrive
    Rear-wheel drive
    3.55 axle ratio
    Quasi-dual stainless steel exhaust
    curb weight: 3450lbs
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty
    Dude you will totally rape this guy, from a roll while eating McDonalds and talking to your buddy on the phone. Mach 1's are in between the GT's and the Cobras.
    speaking of raping while eating mcdonalds, has anyone heard of that "I'd hit it" slogan they're supposedly using now?

good luck at test and track day
    Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    I have a tauren shaman level 52 on the Tichondrious server.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotguntc88
    Try going without underwear (old hippie day thing that I never got over)

Pee dribbles on your jeans when you park it back in.

It is going to be very close. The mach 1s run low 13's with good drivers, same as the STi, and I think they trap about the same as the STi too. So it will totally be up to your driving skills vs. his driving skills. Good luck and get that kill.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Only site that I could find that has the performance specifications is this one, and they have down that they do the 1/4 in 14.00sec at 103mph. The body style is different but the motor is the same, not sure about weight.

Mach 1 link
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

I am lightly modded. I raced a lightly modded Mach 1 from a dig. I had atleast a car up to 60mph and shut down. I think from a roll it would be even. C5 vettes walk me real slowly. I am almost dead even with my friends WS6 from a roll up to fourth gear. Then he walks away.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

See I'm finding specs that they 1/4 from low 13's to low 14's. I dunno we will see. If anything its going to be real close! I'll keep you guys posted.

I Support ClubWRX
    From what I've heard, that 14 second time for the Mach was a mistake. I do believe they run mid 13 second times.

The 14 second time looks about right to me for a stock Mach 1. Without good tires those things will just spin on the line. 103 is a little faster than a stock STi will trap. I trapped 102 stock but from a roll it would be a drivers race.

From a stop you would obliterate him....provided he doesn't have some mean meats on the back.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

If you know how to launch your car (1.79 sec 60' times) you will beat him for sure - if he is stock. If you don't know how to launch its going to be close.

All I know is I would beat a stock Mach 1 everytime in a drag race in an STi. But I know how to launch (1.66 sec 60' times)

I have cobb stage 2 wrx and I beat a mach 1 at Milan in Detroit 1/4mile. I was trapping 97 and he was trapping about 103 on some of his other runs. His best time that day was better then mine(hi to mid 13s I think) I just got lucky and he didn't launch well when he went against me. I dunno if there was anything done to his car but he wasn't very consistent on his times.

Hah ha ha! Hee hee hee! A Mach that runs 14's!!! I'm crying here!

Stock Mach's have been proven many times to run low 13s at 102-103 mph. That is hardly a 14-sec run. That'd happen only if the tires went up in smoke due to an inexperienced driver.

Don't take the car lightly. Even though they have essentially the same engine as the pre-03 Cobra, it is much faster, especially on the top end.

Don't be the "cluless import guy"!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by John M
    Hah ha ha! Hee hee hee! A Mach that runs 14's!!! I'm crying here!

Stock Mach's have been proven many times to run low 13s at 102-103 mph. That is hardly a 14-sec run. That'd happen only if the tires went up in smoke due to an inexperienced driver.

Don't take the car lightly. Even though they have essentially the same engine as the pre-03 Cobra, it is much faster, especially on the top end.

Don't be the "cluless import guy"!
    ^^^Exactly. Don't underestimate it, it's VERY capable.

bump for an update on this race. and just to let you know though i dont have an sti, i got owned very badly from a roll. i'm at stage 2.

First hand I watched a stock Mach 1 pull a stock STI over 60mph.

Heres a link to where they trapped at 104+mph. I've heard of a few trapping as high as 105.xx

You can take them from a dig, but from a roll you will get pulled.

http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...07pon_gtotest/
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.