Is a 350z Vs a STi REALLY a drivers race? - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 215

This is a discussion on Is a 350z Vs a STi REALLY a drivers race? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx i am open minded, but i've done it plenty of times in person.. i raced a ...

  1. #61
    Registered User fastwrx135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    gurnee, IL
    Posts
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    i am open minded, but i've done it plenty of times in person.. i raced a z plenty of times his one of my closest friends..my stage 2ish wrx would take him..he has headers intake and i'm telling you..the low end roll races i've had from starts like 20mph 30mph 40 mph 50mph..he hasnt been close
    But this is just one instance. There are stock Z drivers out there who've beaten STi's numerous times and vice versa. Im sure you know that you can't judge what a car can do by just seeing one run.

    There is a guy on the Z forums that has owned both the Z and STi. He ran a 13.6@98.6mph with is STi and a 14.2@99mph with his Z. Now if i were to go by that one instance, would my perception of the STi be correct?? Do all of them trap 98mph?? I know that STi's trap higher than that, but thats simply what the car ran that day. Im not gonna condemn the STi just because one doesn't trap as high as all the others.

    This is the point im trying to get at. These two cars' performance numbers are too similar to be saying that one is superior to the other. From a dig is one thing because the STi as AWD, but from a roll, its a whole different ball game.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    312

    This is another good quote from my350z.com LOL

    Take your AWD launch away and what do you have?? We all know that an STi will win from a dig, but from a roll its different. We aren't talking about sanctioned events, we are talking on the street. Take the AWD launch away and you are left with a low 14 sec car with very similar performance numbers as the 350z.

  4. #63
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,793
    Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    But this is just one instance. There are stock Z drivers out there who've beaten STi's numerous times and vice versa. Im sure you know that you can't judge what a car can do by just seeing one run.

    There is a guy on the Z forums that has owned both the Z and STi. He ran a 13.6@98.6mph with is STi and a 14.2@99mph with his Z. Now if i were to go by that one instance, would my perception of the STi be correct?? Do all of them trap 98mph?? I know that STi's trap higher than that, but thats simply what the car ran that day. Im not gonna condemn the STi just because one doesn't trap as high as all the others.

    This is the point im trying to get at. These two cars' performance numbers are too similar to be saying that one is superior to the other. From a dig is one thing because the STi as AWD, but from a roll, its a whole different ball game.

    funny part is its not one run its plenty of runs, and included in these runs once was 4 heards in my car and 2 in his, than 3 heads in my car and 2 in his. Two different nights a total of about 6 runs with the exact same results. And its not from a launch for driver error to be that much..its a stupid roll, you just punch it, and like i said with sti short gearing sti driver has to shift more than z driver so sti driver would have the bigger chance of messing up.



    havent you gusy read about the z vs wrx encounters?? plenty of stage 2 rexes pull on z's off a roll..i even have a vid of mine on a highway roll vs a z from 60-120 and my wrx won with just dp/up/catback and mbc..no ecu management..dont you guys think if a regular wrx with simple mods is pulling on a z on the highway that a sti is superior by a better margin than people think. Unless people think stage 2 wrx is faster than a sti which i've had both and trust me its not.
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 02-16-2005 at 05:20 PM.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  5. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    312

    I agree with you 100%

    Stage 2 wrx's are pulling Z's... whatever who cares.. There all in denial.

  6. #65
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,793
    stage 2 vs roomates brand new 350z (metallic yellow)


    Pulled on a 350Z


    there is more i'm just too lazy to search, i also have my own vid i can upload probably.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  7. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    312

    I just PISSED myself laughing...

    I went on my350z.com and found this to be a pretty hillarious thread.. so theyare killing STi's and apperently all beating E46 M3's..

    http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.p...ighlight=e46m3

  8. #67
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,793
    well the convertible e46 m3's i think can be beat by even us on low end rolls. I know my friend in 04 s2k takes them off rolls. And the same friend that lost to me in the z took a e46 convertible m3 off a roll. But he cant take non convertible m3's. Neither can sti's. If you really want to start a war search clubrsx and find the type s z kills and link them on that 350z forum.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  9. #68
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,793
    i just realized that thread is 43 pages long jesus christ
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  10. #69
    Registered User fastwrx135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    gurnee, IL
    Posts
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by supersuby
    I went on my350z.com and found this to be a pretty hillarious thread.. so theyare killing STi's and apperently all beating E46 M3's..

    http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.p...ighlight=e46m3
    I've also read that stage 2 Rex's are pulling on e46 M3's
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

  11. #70
    Registered User AwdTurboWrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Sun Valley,CA
    Posts
    5,793
    Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    I've also read that stage 2 Rex's are pulling on e46 M3's

    yeah those are funny too but one was atleast on video.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

  12. #71
    Registered User fastwrx135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    gurnee, IL
    Posts
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    funny part is its not one run its plenty of runs, and included in these runs once was 4 heards in my car and 2 in his, than 3 heads in my car and 2 in his. Two different nights a total of about 6 runs with the exact same results. And its not from a launch for driver error to be that much..its a stupid roll, you just punch it, and like i said with sti short gearing sti driver has to shift more than z driver so sti driver would have the bigger chance of messing up.



    havent you gusy read about the z vs wrx encounters?? plenty of stage 2 rexes pull on z's off a roll..i even have a vid of mine on a highway roll vs a z from 60-120 and my wrx won with just dp/up/catback and mbc..no ecu management..dont you guys think if a regular wrx with simple mods is pulling on a z on the highway that a sti is superior by a better margin than people think. Unless people think stage 2 wrx is faster than a sti which i've had both and trust me its not.
    You're not getting my point. Im not talking about how many runs you and your friend had against each other. You guys can have a 100 runs against each other but you are still going against the same Z. Try racing another Z with the same mods and tell me what happens. Im not saying you'll lose, but it will be a much closer race at least.

    So you think a Stage 2 can pull on a Z every time because people posted that they did it?? I can find a hundred stories on the Z boards with the 350z pulling on a stage 2 or STi. What makes the stories on here anymore true than the ones on the Z boards??

    You have to realize that an STi is not the God of all cars. Don't get me wrong, i love the STi and wrx. I used to own a wrx and would love to again in the future. Im not trying to start anything here. I've been posting on here for over 2 years and have been nothing but supportive. I have read lots of stories that seem impossible but i always give the benefit of the doubt. I also respect the abilities of other cars out there. Being confident in your car is one thing but being a fanboy is something different. And im not pointing any fingers at you, so don't take offense.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

  13. #72
    Registered User fastwrx135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    gurnee, IL
    Posts
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by supersuby
    Take your AWD launch away and what do you have?? We all know that an STi will win from a dig, but from a roll its different. We aren't talking about sanctioned events, we are talking on the street. Take the AWD launch away and you are left with a low 14 sec car with very similar performance numbers as the 350z.
    Tell me whats wrong about the statement?? Seems correct to me. Take away the AWD launch and what do you think the STi will run in the 1/4 mile??
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

  14. #73
    Moderator YBNormal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,245
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm guessing a mid to high 13 in the hands of a capable driver. Tell you what, I'll test it out this spring. Wont' be truly indicative though since I've now joined the "mod" world.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

  15. #74
    Registered User scooby24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,866
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    I'm guessing a mid to high 13 in the hands of a capable driver. Tell you what, I'll test it out this spring. Wont' be truly indicative though since I've now joined the "mod" world.

    Your numbers are insane for a practically stock STi.

    I hate you! I want to move. This thin air is killing me.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

  16. #75
    Moderator YBNormal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,245
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby24
    Your numbers are insane for a practically stock STi.

    I hate you! I want to move. This thin air is killing me.
    Sorry for the numbers.
    Hoping to get a few pulls in this weekend now that I've installed the Cobb DP with High flow cat, and am running AP Stage 2. It certainly feels stonger. Didn't used to be able to break them loose in 2nd from a slow roll. Ahhh...just lovin' sea level!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •