Is a 350z Vs a STi REALLY a drivers race? - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Is a 350z Vs a STi REALLY a drivers race? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ^ 40 and a 50 roll ^...

^ 40 and a 50 roll ^
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    ^ 40 and a 50 roll ^

you got some nice power, what mods got you to 300whp?
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EXCessaurusWRX
    Doesnt the add for the wrx (not the sti) have a list for some of the cars it can beat...i know it does, and the 350z is one of the six some cars on the list...

LOL That's a Forrester XT ad you are thinking about. And the Forrester included a family of four and a dog. Just an ad gimmick, but Car and Driver did get a 13.8 out of the XT.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=1114

^^STI "13.3"

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=4

^^350Z "14.0"

0.7 close, but I guess its where you live too. Higher altitudes, NA cars do not do as well as turbo cars.....so a 350Z in a higher altitude would most likely lose to an Sti. Most of the 350z cars that are modded at the local tracks are lucky to hit low 14's. For you guys at lower altitudes maybe it is a different story, and a closer race.

No doubt the 350z is a nice car, one of my best friends just picked one up.

and here is a picture of that add
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WRX add2.jpg  
    Last edited by EXCessaurusWRX; 02-14-2005 at 09:59 PM.
    2005 PSM WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    I honestly think that even missing a shift will not prevent an STi from whooping on a 350Z. They are quick, and drop dead gorgeous, but not STi material. The question is a bit rigged as it's ALWAYS a driver's race..since someone has to drive. If the intent is to question "are the performance aspects of the STi compared to the 350Z so close that any slight miscue by either driver result in a win for the other driver?"

To that I say...read my first senten ce.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

it's still not a driver's race

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    I honestly think that even missing a shift will not prevent an STi from whooping on a 350Z. They are quick, and drop dead gorgeous, but not STi material. The question is a bit rigged as it's ALWAYS a driver's race..since someone has to drive. If the intent is to question "are the performance aspects of the STi compared to the 350Z so close that any slight miscue by either driver result in a win for the other driver?"

To that I say...read my first senten ce.
    +1

From a roll it always takes me more pavement to pull on an STi than a 350Z, which pulls like a stage 2 WRX. For me, it also takes more to pull on a new M3 than on an STi.

I don't care which is more common, the STi remains ugly compared to the slower 350Z. (Note that 400 lb. women are less common than those who weigh less than 200 lb.) In any case, if I had the money, I'd have a new M3 because of its beauty and performance.
    '07 STI UGM: Protuned Cobb DP, Walbro, Prodrive BCS; Cobb heat shield; extra stock rims with Hankook iPike W409's; Subaru hitch mount; a Limited roof and wing
    '02 WRX PS: quick & trouble free but sold with 110K miles
    mods

0-60 in a stock wrx is realy 5.4 seconds I thought it was 6.1?

J-H
    I averaged a 6.04 in 4 runs (slight uphill, maybe 0.5%-0.75%).....I'm stage 2 COBB....I was timing myself though.....so one hand on the watch one on the streering wheel and shift knob.....probably not accurate, but I managed to make the runs.....have to go to the track....

Pretty getho timing methods, but I was just curious....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

hahahaha one hand on the steering wheel and shift knob? nice...

yeah you prob want to borrow a gtech or have a friend time you in the passenger seat

bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Banned

This is a quote from 350z forums..lol

From a roll an STi and a Z is a driver's race, but with equal driver's the Z will win (at least at highway speeds - that I WILL put money on without question). Yeah I would think anything over 90mph would give the edge to the Z due to the gearing and wind resistance

These guys are jokers . This Vibrant guys is great tho.

hmmm not even on highway, i'll race any stock z on the highway...all i know is my friends z with headers and intake doesnt stand a chance from any type of roll we've done, as long as were in the same gear.

My350z.com = clowns!

They never learn! I can say I've chewed up my share of these fools with the my350Z lic plate frames and they were not happy. Too bad the biggest clowns on that board don't reside in my state. Would love to see their post about losing to a "stock" looking WRX.
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

Quote Originally Posted by supersuby
    From a roll an STi and a Z is a driver's race, but with equal driver's the Z will win (at least at highway speeds - that I WILL put money on without question). Yeah I would think anything over 90mph would give the edge to the Z due to the gearing and wind resistance

These guys are jokers . This Vibrant guys is great tho.

If you look at trap speeds from an STi and compare them to a Z, you will see that given equal drivers, the STi will win. Not by alot, but still win.

STi's normally trap from 100-105mph
    Z normally trap from 100-103mph
    Given that both make about the same amount of whp, 230-240ish, with the Z being a few pounds heavier, it should be close.
    A far as the 05 Zs are concerned, they have a bit more hp with 300 at the crank, so I'm not too sure on that.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeMy2.5RS
    If you look at trap speeds from an STi and compare them to a Z, you will see that given equal drivers, the STi will win. Not by alot, but still win.

STi's normally trap from 100-105mph
    Z normally trap from 100-103mph
    Given that both make about the same amount of whp, 230-240ish, with the Z being a few pounds heavier, it should be close.
    A far as the 05 Zs are concerned, they have a bit more hp with 300 at the crank, so I'm not too sure on that.
    Thank you very much. This is the best non-biased answer i've heard in a while. I completely agree with this. Just wish that some other people on here can be a bit more open-minded. Its starting to sound like a BMW forum on here.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    Thank you very much. This is the best non-biased answer i've heard in a while. I completely agree with this. Just wish that some other people on here can be a bit more open-minded. Its starting to sound like a BMW forum on here.
    i am open minded, but i've done it plenty of times in person.. i raced a z plenty of times his one of my closest friends..my stage 2ish wrx would take him..he has headers intake and i'm telling you..the low end roll races i've had from starts like 20mph 30mph 40 mph 50mph..he hasnt been close