Is a 350z Vs a STi REALLY a drivers race? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Is a 350z Vs a STi REALLY a drivers race? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx sorry i think sti's look better than z's also....i see a z or g35 at every ...

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    sorry i think sti's look better than z's also....i see a z or g35 at every corner where i live..they are almost as common as riced out civics around here
    They're more common around you because they are more practical in the area you live. You guys probably don't even know what snow looks like. Here in Chicago, the winters suck for people with rwd sports cars, but you still see your fair share of Z's and G's but not at every corner. As for the looks, well each person is entitled to his opinion. I mean i've heard people say that the M3 is ugly, so yeah i've heard worse.
    Last edited by fastwrx135; 02-05-2005 at 02:38 AM.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    They're more common around you because they are more practical in the area you live. You guys probably don't even know what snow looks like. Here in Chicago, the winters suck for people with rwd sports cars, but you still see your fair share of Z's and G's but not at every corner. As for the looks, well each person is entitled to his opinion. I mean i've heard people say that the M3 is ugly, so yeah i've heard worse.

its mostly the city i live in (well used to live in but always hang out at), its full of every car you can think from bottom end geos all the way up to ferraris,lambos, bentley continental gt's etc etc.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

G35'S, 350z's hell even one tt 350 haven't had a problem with one yet. from a stop or a roll. and the funny part was the coolest owner was the tt one. we actually talked for a good 30 minutes after the run. but it is true some of those 350 owners do think they are unstopable....oh well....
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Banned

how much

whp are u at man?

Quote Originally Posted by supersuby
    whp are u at man?
    i don't know... i was suppose to go to dallas this weekend to get dynoed but i couldn't thanks to the US Army.... and i haven't bben to the track since most of my mods....
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

fre
    sorry i think sti's look better than z's also....i see a z or g35 at every corner where i live..they are almost as common as riced out civics around here
    Amen...I see them everywhere too. Good for Nissan I guess I hardly ever see other evos. I just saw a blue one around here for the first time. He didn't look over, but I do have rather tinted windows. I saw an Sti in my parking lot the other night and parked next to him. Too bad I couldn't catch him to chat.
    11.1 @ 131

Shrug?

I don't know maybe it's a case of different drivers? I have had about 6 run in's with Z's and it was pretty bad for them. Out of that 4 was when I was stock, the next with a DP no tuning and the last with tuning. One instance I was at a light with me =240 lbs, 2 pass = 300 lbs, he was maybe 150 and his girl maybe 110. He launches no spin I roll out, top of 2nd start pulling away put about 4 lengths and it was over. He was a good sport but seemed confused at outcome. It did not help that my cousin was waving bye as I was pulling away all the while she was laughing. I find that most of the time people don't drive to their full potential, so I guess that leads to a few unexplainable results. I don't go beyond 115 on the highway for any race so maybe the Z has more of a go there?

2004 Sti, ECUtek, bosal dp, cat delete, walbro fuel pump, and a few suspension mods, also a ITG drop in and debating on putting the APS cai that's sitting in the garage. Last dyno before the fp 280 + awhp and 293 Awtrq.
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

yup,i dont see how its a drivers race, i even ran my friend with speeds he wanted as low as it gets, 2nd at 20 and i pulled easily and 3rd at 30 and still pulled easily.

yup,i dont see how its a drivers race, i even ran my friend with speeds he wanted as low as it gets, 2nd at 20 and i pulled easily and 3rd at 30 and still pulled easily.
    But there other people with STi's out there who either lost to a Z or ran dead even with them. You might have a factory monster or maybe your friends Z is a factory dud or maybe you can drive and your friend can't, etc..... There are many factors involved when racing.

it would be a nice race to watch!
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

Doesnt the add for the wrx (not the sti) have a list for some of the cars it can beat...i know it does, and the 350z is one of the six some cars on the list...
    2005 PSM WRX

i should get it on tape and show you guys that its not a drivers race, and no his a good driver. His car cant be that much of a dud, i've seen it take a e46 m3 convertible from a first gear roll up to like 90-100 by half a car.....i'd say sti u have more mistakes possible with the 6 speed than z...sti you shift every other second it seems like....once you get shifting down with sti its just perfect..constan pull

Wow

You make a really valid point, I guess I take it for granted that people have alot of driving experience. If you can't shift which in a Sti is tricky I can see losing a race. Now that you mention it I have a friend who has one also from our 200 member club and he told me he lost to some old beater. It was not a huge loss so the other car was not a sleeper, more like the guy got ahead and he could not reel him in. Anywho I asked him what speed was he going at and what gear was he in. So he says about 55-60 in 6th and he dropped it in 5th......right away I started laughing and said try 4th and even better 3rd next time. So alot of the time it's a driver race, lol meaning if you can't drive like you stole it you can lose even in a 600hp car. I honestly have nothing to fear from a 350z with any mods other than a SC or Trbo.....then again I am a little modified. Either way these threads are silly, anything can and will happen in a uncontrolled environment as on the street. Play it safe and don't endanger people if you can possibly?
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

Quote Originally Posted by EXCessaurusWRX
    Doesnt the add for the wrx (not the sti) have a list for some of the cars it can beat...i know it does, and the 350z is one of the six some cars on the list...
    If i put an ad out saying that a Cavalier is faster than a Porsche would you believe it?? Don't go by what you see from ads.
    In this case a wrx is capable of beating a Z in the 1/4 mile, but 8/10 times the Z will win. Anyways, we aren't talking 1/4 mile times or racing from a dig. We are talking about racing from a roll in which a wrx will be beat badly by both an STi and Z.

I just raced one that had an exhaust on it tonight. No contest at all
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.