WRX vs Corvette
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs Corvette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had a chance just tonight to race a Corvette. not sure what model but it looked fairly new and ...

str

WRX vs Corvette

I had a chance just tonight to race a Corvette. not sure what model but it looked fairly new and was manual. I ended up getting beat but not before my wagon demanded respect off the line and around a tight corner. I was at a light and waiting to make a slightly tight left turn. This Corvette comes flying up to the light next to me. He looks over and nods, so I say screw it. The light goes green and I take the turn in first gear like a champ. The Corvette totaly fishtails his car around the corner. I hit second and by the time I hit third he was right next to me. I knew when he hit third gear he would smoke me and sure enough he pulled several cars immedietly. I let off and cought up to him at the next light. I was behind him and we both gunned it in first and I was nearly at his bumper, he had a car or two on me in second also. We get to another light and I was still not able to get on his oppsosite side so we did the same thing at the light. The same result, he was only about 1 1/2 cars ahead of me to 60. Then he must have been pissed because he pulled a very dangerous move and served in between two cars and could have caused an accident. Even though I lost it was still fun. I wondering what he was thinking when he couldn't lose me in first and second. Those cars have a wicked third gear, sick!
    Last edited by str; 09-12-2002 at 06:54 PM.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Dont sweat it. If U end up doing some mods u will be able to beat vettes. Well at least the first part of the race.

Mike

Haha...

I agree ... little $$$ for much performance.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

str
    Yeah, I had a similar scenario against a Firehawk at the track. I actualy took him of the line up to the 330' mark. he hit third gear and whipped me. He ended up running a 12.7.
    2004 Black Forester XT

The C5 is a very fast car. Co-worker has one and I was very impressed. Stock 6-spd should do a 4.8/9 0-60 and they usally do 13.1 - 13.6's in the 1/4 (driver & weather).

My 03 Cobra would spank one, but I have the EXACT same problem with the Z06 (of course when I was stock, this remains to be seen with new mods). I can hang with the Z06 to about 70 and then they walk away pretty good.

I think with my new mods I might give one a pretty good run if not spank a Z06.

I am running about 460 HP at the flywheel and 3650 lbs = 1 HP for every 7.9 lbs.

A stock Z06 is running about 405 HP and 3150 lbs = 1 HP for every 7.7 lbs AND they KILL us in aerodynamics. Plus they're gearing is stout! Clutch sucks though! heheh.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Get a few mods (stage 2 setup). With exhaust, chip, boost controller, I beat several different LS1's in the 1/4 mile. I was running 13.3s - 13. 5s and yes that was fast enough to beat them at Bradenton Motorsports Park on a 85 degree day. They were all running high 13s + with basic bolts ons.

It sounds like you did pretty well. Good job.

I've seen 2002 SS Z28's run 13.0's all day long with exhuast, CAI, and a converter. They are quick. But anything is beatable! EVEN my 2003 Cobra (tears)...
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

str
    I have some mods. I can run a 14.1 n the 1/4. My 0-60 is in the low 5 sec range. he was having trouble getting tracttion off the line that's probably why I hung with him. When he finnaly hooked up he spanked me. Those things are mean in third and fourth gear. I was really impressed. i might be getting a unichip and removing one of my cats and then I might be able to hang a little better in the higher gears.
    2004 Black Forester XT

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.