WRX vs Corvette

This is a discussion on WRX vs Corvette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had a chance just tonight to race a Corvette. not sure what model but it looked fairly new and ...

str

WRX vs Corvette

I had a chance just tonight to race a Corvette. not sure what model but it looked fairly new and was manual. I ended up getting beat but not before my wagon demanded respect off the line and around a tight corner. I was at a light and waiting to make a slightly tight left turn. This Corvette comes flying up to the light next to me. He looks over and nods, so I say screw it. The light goes green and I take the turn in first gear like a champ. The Corvette totaly fishtails his car around the corner. I hit second and by the time I hit third he was right next to me. I knew when he hit third gear he would smoke me and sure enough he pulled several cars immedietly. I let off and cought up to him at the next light. I was behind him and we both gunned it in first and I was nearly at his bumper, he had a car or two on me in second also. We get to another light and I was still not able to get on his oppsosite side so we did the same thing at the light. The same result, he was only about 1 1/2 cars ahead of me to 60. Then he must have been pissed because he pulled a very dangerous move and served in between two cars and could have caused an accident. Even though I lost it was still fun. I wondering what he was thinking when he couldn't lose me in first and second. Those cars have a wicked third gear, sick!
    Last edited by str; 09-12-2002 at 05:54 PM.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Dont sweat it. If U end up doing some mods u will be able to beat vettes. Well at least the first part of the race.

Mike

Haha...

I agree ... little $$$ for much performance.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

str
    Yeah, I had a similar scenario against a Firehawk at the track. I actualy took him of the line up to the 330' mark. he hit third gear and whipped me. He ended up running a 12.7.
    2004 Black Forester XT

The C5 is a very fast car. Co-worker has one and I was very impressed. Stock 6-spd should do a 4.8/9 0-60 and they usally do 13.1 - 13.6's in the 1/4 (driver & weather).

My 03 Cobra would spank one, but I have the EXACT same problem with the Z06 (of course when I was stock, this remains to be seen with new mods). I can hang with the Z06 to about 70 and then they walk away pretty good.

I think with my new mods I might give one a pretty good run if not spank a Z06.

I am running about 460 HP at the flywheel and 3650 lbs = 1 HP for every 7.9 lbs.

A stock Z06 is running about 405 HP and 3150 lbs = 1 HP for every 7.7 lbs AND they KILL us in aerodynamics. Plus they're gearing is stout! Clutch sucks though! heheh.
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

Get a few mods (stage 2 setup). With exhaust, chip, boost controller, I beat several different LS1's in the 1/4 mile. I was running 13.3s - 13. 5s and yes that was fast enough to beat them at Bradenton Motorsports Park on a 85 degree day. They were all running high 13s + with basic bolts ons.

It sounds like you did pretty well. Good job.

I've seen 2002 SS Z28's run 13.0's all day long with exhuast, CAI, and a converter. They are quick. But anything is beatable! EVEN my 2003 Cobra (tears)...
    03 EB Expedition
    --------------------
    SOLD!!!
    03 Cobra
    1/4 - 12.05
    MPH - 118.06
    465 RWHP
    485 RWTQ

str
    I have some mods. I can run a 14.1 n the 1/4. My 0-60 is in the low 5 sec range. he was having trouble getting tracttion off the line that's probably why I hung with him. When he finnaly hooked up he spanked me. Those things are mean in third and fourth gear. I was really impressed. i might be getting a unichip and removing one of my cats and then I might be able to hang a little better in the higher gears.
    2004 Black Forester XT