g35c vs. 350z vs 350z roadster
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on g35c vs. 350z vs 350z roadster within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ok, i'm gonna get one of these cars soon. I love my r32, but im getting a new house downtown ...

g35c vs. 350z vs 350z roadster

ok, i'm gonna get one of these cars soon. I love my r32, but im getting a new house downtown chitown and i want a convertable or something a bit more classy to go with the house... yes, im wierd.

The 350z is faster than a g35, that is pretty much a given, not by a lot, but faster. I am looking into getting the 350z roadster, what do u guys think? how fast are those in mt?

What do u guys think is the best?
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    ok, i'm gonna get one of these cars soon. I love my r32, but im getting a new house downtown chitown and i want a convertable or something a bit more classy to go with the house... yes, im wierd.

The 350z is faster than a g35, that is pretty much a given, not by a lot, but faster. I am looking into getting the 350z roadster, what do u guys think? how fast are those in mt?

I think the R32 is a great car, but if you want to get something new:

350Z roadster is overpriced IMO. I refuse to pay ~ $40k for a mid 14sec nissan convt that weighs 3500lbs.

350Z is a nice car, but the lack of back seats would be a b!tch for daily driving.

G35c is a great car. I really love this thing. Its got incredible interior, 6spd is low 14sec car and the thing will run solid 13's with minor exhaust work. and if you are going to buy the 05' which has 298hp I assume its already well into the 13's considering the 20hp less version was pulling off 14.1-14.3 all day long.
    I am a little bias because I love the car, but I have good reason to. Drives great, very good reliability, one of the best looking cars on the road, handles real well for how big it is, interior is phenominal for its price range, and infinity service is unbeatable.

I say get the G35c. You cant go wrong with everything it has to offer.
    also, something else in this price range you might want to consider is a 330ci.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

its either the g35c or the 350z convertable. The reason why i like the g35c is because of its back seats. I am gonna trade in my r32, and probably wont get anything more than 26k tops for it, so i am looking to get probably a slightly used g35c if so. We will see what i am gonna do.

I love the r32... i wish i didn't get bored of cars so easily.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Well if your choices are between the G35 and the Z roadster, i would go for the G35. The Z roadster packs on a little more weight than the Z coupe which makes it about equal to a G35 speedwise. Don't forget though that the '05 6spd G35's come with 298hp. The Z's also got bumped up to 300hp but i think only on the anniversary ed. and the track models.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

stock r32 video
    Change your mind already.... My friend just got a black z and got black rims and the rear taillights tinted.... Let me say, its amazing looking. And I normally don't like Z's

yeah that video was after this post. i'm so confused, at one point i wanna change, the other time i wanna keep. My car is collectors, 5000 made, fast, a bit of everything... i dont know why i am complaining. ugh!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

Thumbs up

Having a convertible in Chicago in the spring, summer, and fall is amazing... Being able to look up unobstructed at the architecture, or blasting through lower Wacker hearing your exhaust echo off the walls or off the buildings downtown is amazing... Expect a lot of attention from people on the sidewalks, etc... Great car for cruising with a hot girl. And great car to pick up a hot girl. The downside is that visibility when lane changing and parking with the top up really sux ass...

However, if I had to only have one car in your scenario, I'd go with the G35-c. If I could also have a beater (daily driver), then I'd snag the 350 'vert. I wouldn't worry about a few tenths difference in the 1/4 mile between all of them. You'll be racing mostly taxicabs and CTA buses. LOL

Have fun choosing!

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by Dan00Hawk
    Having a convertible in Chicago in the spring, summer, and fall is amazing... Being able to look up unobstructed at the architecture, or blasting through lower Wacker hearing your exhaust echo off the walls or off the buildings downtown is amazing... Expect a lot of attention from people on the sidewalks, etc... Great car for cruising with a hot girl. And great car to pick up a hot girl. The downside is that visibility when lane changing and parking with the top up really sux ass...

However, if I had to only have one car in your scenario, I'd go with the G35-c. If I could also have a beater (daily driver), then I'd snag the 350 'vert. I wouldn't worry about a few tenths difference in the 1/4 mile between all of them. You'll be racing mostly taxicabs and CTA buses. LOL

Have fun choosing!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    +1
    is there a hard top i can buy for winter time? my cousin has a hard top for his s2k and its awesome.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

G35C all the way... I was SOOO close to buying one before my rex but i decided to save 15 Gs and go the Cheap route... Im cool with it for now but in 2 years i might look into a G35C
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

is there a hard top i can buy for winter time? my cousin has a hard top for his s2k and its awesome.
    As far as i know, there isn't a hard top available for the Z, but i could be wrong.

I liked my 350Z. Did not like how the clutch felt. The car was to heavy. Did not like the fact that it was a N/A engine that only reved up to 6600 rpm. That engine is begging for boost. Yes the exaust note was sweet, but there are to many on the road. The looks of the car were amazing. Honestly if your like me and don't want to loose alot, het the HPA kit for your R32.

Sold the Z. Love my Evo. Next car i buy will be an 04 Porsche GT2. Five more years.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.