Cobb 2.5 V. Steada Mustang
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cobb 2.5 V. Steada Mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was in TN this week, and I was on I think 80, or 71, or 19, lol. One of ...

Cobb 2.5 V. Steada Mustang

I was in TN this week, and I was on I think 80, or 71, or 19, lol. One of those. This red and black striped mustang with a wing is in the next lane. I am in a big hurry so I am going about 80 and passsing people. I passed the mustang and I guess he did not like it. It had said Steada(or seada?) 3.8 and I am not a ford guy so I just thought V6. He came up fast and tried to do the ricer fly by, but I was in 5 so I just floored it and assumed he would disappear. I did not even downshift. He gained until his door was at my front tire. As soon as my turbo hit I was sure he would be toast. 4000 rpm....5000rpm...6000rpm....WOW this mustang held at my rear bumper until about 150 mph. I am very impressed. If I would have down shifted I am sure I would have kept a few car lead, but WOW this thing was impressive, for a V6. We gave the thumbs up and he left his exit. Cool guy.

Cobb 2.5 impressed by (>) Steada 3.8 Mustang

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm pretty sure that Steeda makes a super charged version of the v6. That would explain alot.

My buddy had a 3.8, the car wasn't fast stock, but could be massaged (okay manhandled) to do the 1/4 in under 15 secs by the mustang mags. He eventually got full exhaust including header, intake and chip that was agressive enough to maked the car need 93 octane instead of 87. With that set-up is was pretty powerful, though it had lazy gearing. There are a few shorter final drives available and I'm reasonably sure that with those mods it could keep up with a modded wrx.

S/C is a different story with over 300 whp available depending on what kit you go with.
    Saab 9-2x Black; EcuTek Tuned, Maddad TBE, STi muffler, KB Shifter&Bushings,STi Suspension,Silencer Delete, K&N, SSR Comps w/ BFG KDW's, JDM STi Intercooler, Noltec Alignment Plates, 20MM RSB, blah, blah, blah

I Support ClubWRX
    I do not think steeda build a supercharged 3.8. But i could be wrong...
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

your wrx went up to 150mph? do u have an sti?
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

The spedp only goes to 140, so after that it is just hersay(sp?) It was def way past the 140 though. I did not realize how fast we were going or I would have gave up earlier, it is not worth the speeding ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCity_WRX
    The spedp only goes to 140, so after that it is just hersay(sp?) It was def way past the 140 though. I did not realize how fast we were going or I would have gave up earlier, it is not worth the speeding ticket.
    I don't think you get a speeding ticket, i think you get arrested for that.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

mabey other steada components on the car, but ive seen i handfull of sc v6 stangs out and about and with rest of the bolt ons there good for 13.7 or so....kinda figure its a gtp with manual and rear wheel drive...kinda sort of...
    Last edited by ellinopedo182; 02-03-2005 at 01:19 PM.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Ford supercharged V6's are

<----supercoupe owner
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

The s/c are all kits from paxton, vortech and the like, though there are less available for the v6's. The gtp is a good comparison and a well tuned gtp well murder anything short of a modded sti on at highway speeds....1/4 is a little different as having 400ftlb of torque going to you front wheels makes for 'interesting' launching.

My other buddies gtp was making about 350hp/400tq last time I saw it and it was murderously fast once it was going, however the 225 width allseason tires prevented traction below 60 (even with a LSD), he figured that the lack of traction was the only thing keeping he driveline from exploding on launches. He has done high 13's and could probably do low 13's/high 12's with slicks. I'll see this spring when I take my 92x to New Hampshire with him.
    Saab 9-2x Black; EcuTek Tuned, Maddad TBE, STi muffler, KB Shifter&Bushings,STi Suspension,Silencer Delete, K&N, SSR Comps w/ BFG KDW's, JDM STi Intercooler, Noltec Alignment Plates, 20MM RSB, blah, blah, blah

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.