me vs 05 GT mustang

This is a discussion on me vs 05 GT mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; yea im bored at work so i'd thought i'd share my encounter with a red 05 mustang GT. i was ...

me vs 05 GT mustang

yea im bored at work so i'd thought i'd share my encounter with a red 05 mustang GT.

i was on an off-ramp that leads to higgins road, right by woodfield mall. i see this new mustang cut across like 4 lanes of traffic to get in the right turn bay. my buddy instantly spotted him and told me to get him! well i catch up to him, as he's working traffic, attempting to get in front of the pack, and lead as we pass the crowd of mini-vans, and beaters. i can see him flooring it, as i am right behind him...then we hit a red light!! him and his passenger both look over at me, and me and my buddy are guessin how many cars i can grab off the line. but for some reason, i had a feeling he didnt want me from a stop. i was right. the light went green, and he went from agressive traffic driving, to i'm driving my mother to church kind of driving. i was like what the hell? maybe he wasn't lookin for a run, but i've yet the encounter a new gt. then i get behind him because of traffic, and he ends up pulling into a closed car dealership, and sit in the gated entranceway and wait for like 10 minutes ( i know this because i kept passin that area for a while) it had normal plates on it, so i dont know what to say. i just wanted to see what a new mustang had against me. i'm sure once the weather warms up i'll have another chance
    Last edited by anthonywrx; 02-02-2005 at 07:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by psb02wrx
    while you carpe diem, tell her to carpe deez nuts.
    Fun In the Snow
    STi in the making...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

fre
    That's funny. Yea a lot of mustangs and camaros don't want to line up against me for some reason. I think the possibility of getting beat by a "ricer" makes them shudder The new 05 mustang will run a high 13 stockish. I saw one at the track with every modification possible before forced induction and he ran a 12.5 @106-107. They brought it in on a trailor. I drove mine there and ran the same time.
    Last edited by fre; 02-02-2005 at 07:32 AM.
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by fre
    I saw one at the track with every modification possible before forced induction and he ran a 12.5 @106-107. They brought it in on a trailor. I drove mine there and ran the same time.

Wow, thats a low trap speed for that time and RWD.
    2004 Java Black Pearl STI
    Shocks... Pegs... Lucky.

Yea.. the Stangs trap doesnt look right for that ET.
    You wanna shoot? shoot. Dont talk!

I Support ClubWRX
    A GT w/ bolt-ons on a trailer?

Some people just think too highly of themselves.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrink24
    Wow, thats a low trap speed for that time and RWD.
    Hey I dunno wtf was going on. I know he had the torque off the line though and that is probably the reason for the low trap speeds. I ran 12.8 @ 108 one time, so I'm sure with a better 60' a 12.5 is possible. I've seen a truck go 12.2 @ 106. I actually ran against him and did a 12.5 @ 114. I caught him at the end of the track, but he won. Just massive torque and gearing off the line.
    Last edited by fre; 02-02-2005 at 10:38 AM.
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by fre
    Hey I dunno wtf was going on. I know he had the torque off the line though and that is probably the reason for the low trap speeds. I ran 12.8 @ 108 one time, so I'm sure with a better 60' a 12.5 is possible. I've seen a truck go 12.2 @ 106. I actually ran against him and did a 12.5 @ 114. I caught him at the end of the track, but he won. Just massive torque and gearing off the line.
    Oh, yeah, not calling BS at all, just commenting that its an odd time/ET.
    2004 Java Black Pearl STI
    Shocks... Pegs... Lucky.

wow 12.5 thats pretty impressive for all motor. i cant wait to hit the track when it opens in april!!
    Quote Originally Posted by psb02wrx
    while you carpe diem, tell her to carpe deez nuts.
    Fun In the Snow
    STi in the making...

fastest I've seen was an 05 running a 13.9 here in KC. Not too bad but when he was doing a burn out rear tires were wheel hopping like mad. Car looked like junk on the burnout.
    05 Crystal Gray STi
    304 hp 353 lbs on 92 octane ------> Mustang Dyno
    12.6 @ 109.2 > new numbers coming soon.

My old 98 Formula (automatic with 2800 torque converter and mild boltons) ran a best of 12.62 at 107.5 mph on a 1.7x 60' time, so I don't see a problem with a new 05 GT running similar times with similar mods. Their final drive ratio is like 3.55 and they have a really short 1st gear. Helps them get out of the hole fast, and lay down some good 60' times. But they won't have the top end of something like an LS1 or LS2, for example. So I expect stockish ones to have decent ET's, but lower MPH. Kind of like WRX's...

Also, the new GT's apparently have traction control that cannot be disabled "as is". So you won't be seeing someone doing burnouts in one unless they have it programmed out of the PCM. It allows some wheelspin, but not enough to do a good burnout, which probably explains what scooby24 witnessed.

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'