Stock WRX vs others?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock WRX vs others? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; How are people doing with just stock WRX's?? I've seen alot of kills with modded WRX's but for those of ...

Stock WRX vs others?

How are people doing with just stock WRX's?? I've seen alot of kills with modded WRX's but for those of you with stock WRX's. How are you all doing ?????

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nobody ever wants to race...

Unless they're in a full size truck. Still can't figure that out. Needless to say, I win.
    Last edited by junaitari; 09-12-2002 at 10:30 AM.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    LOL I get less races now that I'm modified than when I was stock or pretty close to it!
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

Originally posted by Verdugo
    LOL I get less races now that I'm modified than when I was stock or pretty close to it!

same here, Hence why im removing my spoiler maybe that iwll help a little? lol

Rob

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    LOL good idea Rob...now answer my PM! hehe
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

str
    I've gotten a few. Most people are pretty cool about it. i did actualy have a integra try to race me on the highway. When I droped a gear and pulled away he didn't want to race anymore.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Every now and again people try to race me but I find that there are entirely too many idiots on the road to even get a good race going. I've kind of stopped racing just because it seems that luck isn't on my side. I always get the idiots that pull out in front of me at the last minute and then, I have to do some quick emergency maneuvering. A Prelude pulled a flyby on me and a AUDI TT and I were going pretty good until an idiot almost caused me to have a very bad accident. I haven't had anyone try to race me recently though.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I am not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Mods: Kartboy shifter,Mobil 1 syn. AEM Short RAM, AEM Underdrive Pulley, Scorpion Axle-back exhaust.

For some reasons I haven't lost yet (I will for sure, but I don't mind) and I am stock wagon. So far I have beaten a few Mustangs (incl. older 5 and newer 4.6), z28 (older gen), m3 (older gen), and even a Porshe and it was not a Boxster! It was 9xx from 80th, I thought the guy would destroy me, but I thought - what the heck, I'll try to make a good AWD lounge and, probably, would stick with him up to 60. So, I had him VERY bad (2-3 cars) by the end of the 1st, and I kept the distance in the second. Listening to that thunder roar behind me I knew he was trying... So, my understanding the guy decided to give up very soon, otherwise he would destroy me.
    Vlad
    2005 CGM STi
    2002 WRX Wagon

I raced a new Camaro SS a week ago, when I was running everything stock. I beat him........ for like, 5 feet. Then he swallowed me whole and spit me out in little tiny pieces. So, I'm keeping away from those until I finish my mods.

I'm able to take my friend with a 5.0 Mustang from about 0-65mph. All he has is headers, exhaust, and air filter.
    HKW

Originally posted by Mad Max 03
    I raced a new Camaro SS a week ago, when I was running everything stock. I beat him........ for like, 5 feet. Then he swallowed me whole and spit me out in little tiny pieces. So, I'm keeping away from those until I finish my mods.
    or you can wait until it starts to rain and snow. Well, I guess majority of the ws6 will hibernate in the winter...
    Vlad
    2005 CGM STi
    2002 WRX Wagon

Originally posted by Kira
    I haven't had anyone try to race me recently though.
    The male ego doesn't want to contemplate losing to a woman.
    Old, but not slow.

Originally posted by vz64

or you can wait until it starts to rain and snow. Well, I guess majority of the ws6 will hibernate in the winter...
    Vlad

Who would want to dragrace or race in anyway in the rain or snow unless your a pro rally driver or at a rally race??? lol

Rob

Originally posted by RobPA

Who would want to dragrace or race in anyway in the rain or snow unless your a pro rally driver or at a rally race??? lol

Rob
    Did I say "to race"? It's just about getting from A to B safely
    Vlad
    2005 CGM STi
    2002 WRX Wagon

My WRX is stock and I have only raced one time..which was a 5.0 Mustang with an exhaust and thats all I think. I was just cruising going home at night and he gets next to me and punches it.. I was in fourth and by the time I downshifted he was gone so I said fuk it. Well the light ahead turned green and he waited for me going around 25 mph. I pulled up side by side and his passenger asked if I wanted to go, so I said sure. His friend counted down 3,2,1 with his hands and then we hit it from 30 mph to 75 mph. I went WOT in second and since this was my first time racing, my adrenaline was all pumping and being the newbie I am, I was red lining it for a couple seconds before I noticed it. I switched to third and cya! I was about 3-4 cars ahead. After that we nodded and went on our way.
    04 SVT Lightning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast