Subaru WRX Forum banner

WRX vs G35

7K views 43 replies 22 participants last post by  JimJones350Z 
#1 ·
This is a very short run!!

my wrx only has up-pipe & down-pipe and still factory cat-back!
I was driving around 40mph in highway this morning. One black G35 coupe with loud exhuast tried to pull up hard and pass me. Then I knew he want to play with me. So, I speed up and follow him. We did couple time from around 50mph to 90mph, I can still kept the same distance and he couldn't walk away from me!!

At least now, I have an idea that I can beat those G35 or 350zx with AP stage2 in next couple month!!! :sadwave:

#2 ·
Nice. Im eventually gonna go with a VF34, new injectors, fuel pump Crucial up/dp and custom tuning maybe new tranny. Then im gonna go G35 and cobra hunting.

#4 ·
METALLICWRX said:
Nice. Im eventually gonna go with a VF34, new injectors, fuel pump Crucial up/dp and custom tuning maybe new tranny. Then im gonna go G35 and cobra hunting.
I hope you dont go 03+ Cobra hunting... if you do, it will be quite a humbling experience ;)

#6 ·
Shifty said:
I didn't think that those z's are that fast. They trap at 13.95 at 102mhp. You would think that a stage 2 rex could do that. Or do I not know anything about what I'm talking about? cause I really have no idea what a stage 2 would do it in.
stageII should have no trouble pulling off a 13.9 e.t. but I dont think it will so easily get a 102mph trap.

#7 ·
METALLICWRX said:
I have a VF34, new injectors, fuel pump and other goodies and have smoked several G35's. Funny thing now though, I'm trying to sell my WRX to buy a G35 :p I guess I'm getting too old...I love the interior and luxory of the G35...Sik ass ride :cool:

#9 ·
Shifty said:
I didn't think that those z's are that fast. They trap at 13.95 at 102mhp. You would think that a stage 2 rex could do that. Or do I not know anything about what I'm talking about? cause I really have no idea what a stage 2 would do it in.
DTR is right. Stage 2 can pull of 13.95's easily with an average driver but won't get to a 102mph trap. Maybe more like 97mph or so.

#11 ·
ive raced a couple of g35 and they are pretty crappy at any speed under like 90mph. my friend has a g35 and i absolutely kill him from 0 to like 80 and we raced from a 30 mph roll to about 65 or so i dont really remember and i just kept pulling on him and he quit, but on the freeway he was flying by me. this was when i was stock, now i have a turboback exhaust and he doesnt wanna race anymore, im about to order my accessport soon to become stage 2, cant wait, have yet to race a 350z, i love those cars

#14 ·
ScoobyBoy2 said:
ive raced a couple of g35 and they are pretty crappy at any speed under like 90mph. my friend has a g35 and i absolutely kill him from 0 to like 80 and we raced from a 30 mph roll to about 65 or so i dont really remember and i just kept pulling on him and he quit, but on the freeway he was flying by me. this was when i was stock, now i have a turboback exhaust and he doesnt wanna race anymore, im about to order my accessport soon to become stage 2, cant wait, have yet to race a 350z, i love those cars
interesting..... Its odd that you "absolutely kill him" from a 0-80 race. Is he auto or 6spd? You are aware that on average the 6spd will run quicker than a wrx in the 1/4 and should have no problem making waste of one from any type of roll.

#15 ·
its an auto and im sick of people like you who sit there and criticize, ive raced him several times, real life, actually happend, not even close, i wasnt reading an article in import ricer his car could not keep up and i was stock, i did ask for u to believe it i posted it to inform people on actual stories and he is my friend, we raced SEVERAL times

#17 ·
ScoobyBoy2 said:
its an auto and im sick of people like you who sit there and criticize, ive raced him several times, real life, actually happend, not even close, i wasnt reading an article in import ricer his car could not keep up and i was stock, i did ask for u to believe it i posted it to inform people on actual stories and he is my friend, we raced SEVERAL times
First off it doesn't matter if its auto or manual, the difference between the two in the 1/4 and in trap speeds are about the same.

Don't get all defensive. Fine you beat the your friends G35 while you were stock. Not our fault that your friend can't drive. Honestly, i wish you were closer by me because ill show you what a stock G35 coupe can do from both a dig and a roll. If you had some mods then yes more people would believe you but you said you were stock. FACT is that stock wrx's trap way lower than a G35. Stock wrx's trap around 92-94mph range while the G will trap 97-100mph. When racing from a roll, trap speed is what you look at. Also the last time i checked, the wrx had 170whp while the G has 235whp. Tell me again how you beat him from a roll in stock form?? Maybe you slipped some Red Bull in the gas tank and it gave your car wings?? :sadwave:

#18 ·
fastwrx135 said:
FACT is that stock wrx's trap way lower than a G35. Stock wrx's trap around 92-94mph range while the G will trap 97-100mph. When racing from a roll, trap speed is what you look at. Also the last time i checked, the wrx had 170whp while the G has 235whp. Tell me again how you beat him from a roll in stock form?? Maybe you slipped some Red Bull in the gas tank and it gave your car wings?? :sadwave:

Probably you forget wrx has at least 300-500 pound lighter in weight and a " AWD", so that make the race getting closer!!!!!!!

#19 ·
ScoobyBoy2 said:
i agree with him.....when i test drove the Z it felt slow until you hit ~90mph....but like i said before there is no contest with the awesome styling and handling of the Z (or g35)

#20 ·
i always thought that wrx trap speeds are a little low b/c of the gearing of 4th. Its more overdrive. From what I have seen, wrx's can hang with cars with much higher trap speeds until the top of third gear. And when I say much higher, i mean just a few mph difference.

#22 ·
jugger said:
i agree with him.....when i test drove the Z it felt slow until you hit ~90mph....but like i said before there is no contest with the awesome styling and handling of the Z (or g35)
If you've been driving a modded wrx and then test drive a Z, then yes its gonna feel slow because you're going from turbo to NA. I went from a stage 4 wrx to a G35. At first the G felt really slow to me. But you have to realize that you're going from a turbo which gives you all your power at once when you hit full boost, to a NA car that has streamline power.

Heres a scenario for you: A stock wrx and a stock Z or G will both run identical 1/4 mile times at the track. We'll say with average drivers, both cars will run 14.4 secs. Now in this case, the wrx had the avantage of the AWD launch while the Z or G didn't. Take that AWD launch away from the rex and what do you have?? You will have the Z walking the rex. Without that launch, the rex is a low 15 secs car. If you don't believe me, go into the 4eat section here and ask.

#25 ·
fastwrx135 said:
If you've been driving a modded wrx and then test drive a Z, then yes its gonna feel slow because you're going from turbo to NA. I went from a stage 4 wrx to a G35. At first the G felt really slow to me. But you have to realize that you're going from a turbo which gives you all your power at once when you hit full boost, to a NA car that has streamline power.

Heres a scenario for you: A stock wrx and a stock Z or G will both run identical 1/4 mile times at the track. We'll say with average drivers, both cars will run 14.4 secs. Now in this case, the wrx had the avantage of the AWD launch while the Z or G didn't. Take that AWD launch away from the rex and what do you have?? You will have the Z walking the rex. Without that launch, the rex is a low 15 secs car. If you don't believe me, go into the 4eat section here and ask.
How is the Gas consumption Compared to your old stg 4 rex ???

G35c ROCK !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.