WRX vs G35 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs G35 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; didnt* ask you...

didnt* ask you
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    its an auto and im sick of people like you who sit there and criticize, ive raced him several times, real life, actually happend, not even close, i wasnt reading an article in import ricer his car could not keep up and i was stock, i did ask for u to believe it i posted it to inform people on actual stories and he is my friend, we raced SEVERAL times
    First off it doesn't matter if its auto or manual, the difference between the two in the 1/4 and in trap speeds are about the same.

Don't get all defensive. Fine you beat the your friends G35 while you were stock. Not our fault that your friend can't drive. Honestly, i wish you were closer by me because ill show you what a stock G35 coupe can do from both a dig and a roll. If you had some mods then yes more people would believe you but you said you were stock. FACT is that stock wrx's trap way lower than a G35. Stock wrx's trap around 92-94mph range while the G will trap 97-100mph. When racing from a roll, trap speed is what you look at. Also the last time i checked, the wrx had 170whp while the G has 235whp. Tell me again how you beat him from a roll in stock form?? Maybe you slipped some Red Bull in the gas tank and it gave your car wings??
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    FACT is that stock wrx's trap way lower than a G35. Stock wrx's trap around 92-94mph range while the G will trap 97-100mph. When racing from a roll, trap speed is what you look at. Also the last time i checked, the wrx had 170whp while the G has 235whp. Tell me again how you beat him from a roll in stock form?? Maybe you slipped some Red Bull in the gas tank and it gave your car wings??

Probably you forget wrx has at least 300-500 pound lighter in weight and a " AWD", so that make the race getting closer!!!!!!!
    O5 Aspen White STI + AP stage II !!!
    02 Rally Blue WRX sold !!

STi EVO

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyBoy2
    ive raced a couple of g35 and they are pretty crappy at any speed under like 90mph. my friend has a g35 and i absolutely kill him from 0 to like 80 and we raced from a 30 mph roll to about 65 or so i dont really remember and i just kept pulling on him and he quit, but on the freeway he was flying by me. this was when i was stock, now i have a turboback exhaust and he doesnt wanna race anymore, im about to order my accessport soon to become stage 2, cant wait, have yet to race a 350z, i love those cars
    i agree with him.....when i test drove the Z it felt slow until you hit ~90mph....but like i said before there is no contest with the awesome styling and handling of the Z (or g35)
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

i always thought that wrx trap speeds are a little low b/c of the gearing of 4th. Its more overdrive. From what I have seen, wrx's can hang with cars with much higher trap speeds until the top of third gear. And when I say much higher, i mean just a few mph difference.

Quote Originally Posted by AUTO228
    Probably you forget wrx has at least 300-500 pound lighter in weight and a " AWD", so that make the race getting closer!!!!!!!
    A G coupe is about 3200lbs, so its about a 250-300lbs difference. Also, when racing from a "roll" the "AWD" will hurt you not help you.

Quote Originally Posted by jugger
    i agree with him.....when i test drove the Z it felt slow until you hit ~90mph....but like i said before there is no contest with the awesome styling and handling of the Z (or g35)
    If you've been driving a modded wrx and then test drive a Z, then yes its gonna feel slow because you're going from turbo to NA. I went from a stage 4 wrx to a G35. At first the G felt really slow to me. But you have to realize that you're going from a turbo which gives you all your power at once when you hit full boost, to a NA car that has streamline power.

Heres a scenario for you: A stock wrx and a stock Z or G will both run identical 1/4 mile times at the track. We'll say with average drivers, both cars will run 14.4 secs. Now in this case, the wrx had the avantage of the AWD launch while the Z or G didn't. Take that AWD launch away from the rex and what do you have?? You will have the Z walking the rex. Without that launch, the rex is a low 15 secs car. If you don't believe me, go into the 4eat section here and ask.

i think g35 are really pretty cars, but i think they are over rated and over priced, sorry to offend anyone
    04 black evo!!!!
    Car How To

when are we going to go at it, hehe im still 1L away from you but hey itll be a fun race
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

If you've been driving a modded wrx and then test drive a Z, then yes its gonna feel slow because you're going from turbo to NA. I went from a stage 4 wrx to a G35. At first the G felt really slow to me. But you have to realize that you're going from a turbo which gives you all your power at once when you hit full boost, to a NA car that has streamline power.

Heres a scenario for you: A stock wrx and a stock Z or G will both run identical 1/4 mile times at the track. We'll say with average drivers, both cars will run 14.4 secs. Now in this case, the wrx had the avantage of the AWD launch while the Z or G didn't. Take that AWD launch away from the rex and what do you have?? You will have the Z walking the rex. Without that launch, the rex is a low 15 secs car. If you don't believe me, go into the 4eat section here and ask.
    How is the Gas consumption Compared to your old stg 4 rex ???

G35c ROCK !
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    when are we going to go at it, hehe im still 1L away from you but hey itll be a fun race
    Do you mean me?? Im down for the challenge, but it has to be at the track man. Can't afford a ticket right now.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhunter
    How is the Gas consumption Compared to your old stg 4 rex ???

G35c ROCK !
    Its better. With the rex, a full tank would last me 3-4 days. With the G35 maybe 5-6 days

sorry man, that was my brother posting again with my screenname. I think he wants to race you in the wrx, we just got it back. Personally, i think you'd do better against me with the r32, we just got a lot of stuff done to the wrx and wouldn't be fair.

anyhow, i went and checked out a used 04 g35... man, im sorry, i can't stand the damn interior. wtf? a 30k dollar car should have a better interior. I mean, it looks nice, but when you really sit in it, it looks so damn plasticky. They r32 doesnt seem that bad, and it is considered lower in the luxury level than the g35. I will check out the 05 g35's though, i hear those have a redesigned interior.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Its better. With the rex, a full tank would last me 3-4 days. With the G35 maybe 5-6 days
    Thought so...MY rex sucks gas hardcore...like im driving a truck
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    sorry man, that was my brother posting again with my screenname. I think he wants to race you in the wrx, we just got it back. Personally, i think you'd do better against me with the r32, we just got a lot of stuff done to the wrx and wouldn't be fair.

anyhow, i went and checked out a used 04 g35... man, im sorry, i can't stand the damn interior. wtf? a 30k dollar car should have a better interior. I mean, it looks nice, but when you really sit in it, it looks so damn plasticky. They r32 doesnt seem that bad, and it is considered lower in the luxury level than the g35. I will check out the 05 g35's though, i hear those have a redesigned interior.
    Well either car would be fun to run against regardless of mods. In the spring or summer when GLD opens, maybe we all can run against each other and see what happens. Should be fun.

As for the interior of the coupe, well i'll admit that its not the greatest but don't forget that infiniti is japanese. Japanese cars aren't known for their fancy interiors but more for their outer appearance and performance. European cars usually take the cake with the inside of the car. But coming from a rex to G35, the difference in quality and looks is like night and day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast