Stg2 WRX vs. E55
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stg2 WRX vs. E55 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First things first... the E55 is one bad ass car! I was driving briskly down a quiet street last night ...

Stg2 WRX vs. E55

First things first... the E55 is one bad ass car!

I was driving briskly down a quiet street last night and I see a car ahead of me goin about the same speed. I sped up a little and could see that it was a mercedes... got a little closer and saw two chrome exhaust tips... I immediately thought it was probably an E55. The light ahead turns red and I pull up next to him and confirmed it was an E55. Both of us had tinted windows so I couldn't see the driver but I figured he'd probably go for it on green so I was ready. I try to avoid racing but c'mon... it's a e55...

Light turns green... some stupid guy runs the red light so we both hesitate at the light... I hear his tires let out a little screech so I launch it. It was a pretty weak launch but I manage to pull about a car length on him... shift to second and I'm still ahead but I know he's gonna come flyin by any second now... shift to third with him at my door panel and we both shut it down because of a red light ahead.

We both roll down our window and I see it's a guy in his mid-young 30's... he compliments me on my car and how quick it was but I let him know that his car was faaarrr superior than mine. We waved and went our separate ways. Definitely a cool guy. This little sprint definitely made me feel good about my little wrx... I know that those e55's are beasts from a roll. He would have ate me up if we kept on going any faster but that was fast enough for the streets. I guess Cobb stage2 is not so bad after all... but i could still use an upgrade

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would say you got incredibly lucky.

good run though.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I would say you got incredibly lucky.

good run though.
    and you are also a pretty good driver. 0-60 are close. Like you said, after that its .
    Kudos on not pushing the limits on the street and you still had fun

Thats the beauty of owning a wrx/sti for the streets. We can take on many others out of our league and hold our own thx to the awd and turbo. Nice run!
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Its always cool to find that the person that is behind the window is cool. Its sucks when the person is an *******.

Yea... our cars are great for a short sprint. You gotta love that AWD launch. I'm pretty sure he was a little surprised when he couldn't blow me away but like I said, if we had gone any faster he would have killed me. It's always good racing a guy that will give me props when they're driving a car that costs three times as much as mine.

im really surprised you did that well...not trying to BS your story but are you sure he went WOT the same time you did? I dont think the race would be close even with it being a dig, but every race is different.

Totally believe it...the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times dont mean anything on the street. My close friend owns an E55, he only got a 12.6 out of it (another local E55 has gone 12.3) and I hear they're knocking down 12.4's no problem. He put a set of BFG drag radials and clicked off an 11.7...BUT..

Me vs him a stop light was fun...I would hold him off until the top of 3rd with my Stage 3 untuned WRX. Its like racing any other powerful 2wd car...if they launch well its on, if not you're in the clear. I also beat his C32 with a Renntech stage 1 at a stop light and he has clocked a 12.8 on that...I'm sure my untuned Stage 3 (at the time) WRX wasn't going 12.8's but once he spun it took him too long to catch me.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.