WRX vs 350Z What do you think ? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on WRX vs 350Z What do you think ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I saw a new 350z on 280S cruising @ 75mph. It was blue with paper plates from an SF dealer ...

I saw a new 350z on 280S cruising @ 75mph. It was blue with paper plates from an SF dealer (forget which). My initial impression was that it looked like an audi tt had sex with a new age celica. It looks much better in pictures than in person. I was not impressed and prefer the looks of the wrx. The wrx is kinda cute in an original, ugly duckling kind of way; I felt the z was too much of a mish mash of designs from other makers and didn't exude "Nissan" like other nissan cars. The classic Z element has been overlooked IMO.

BTW i read on one of the nissan boards (freshalloy probably) that one of nismo's first us projects will be a 50 hp upgrade for their vq series 3.5l v6 (specifically the new z). Theories are that it'll be done with a supercharger (evidence is the supercharger on nissan's '03 trucks) and/or chip, i/e. Just a rumor though, but that will make the new z one nice ride and have output similar to the e46 m3.

--HK
    http://www.soldats.net

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I say NO to that car, u wanna hear my reasons. of coars not but read on:

1. VERY UGLY IMO, i like WRX much better..i passed one and was very unimpressed i like the older modles better..much better.
    2.30k no turbo like other pople mentions hard to mod..cant run boost..besides NOS..NOS whats that, i think i herd it on TFAFT?
    3.its 30k..not horrible price but that extra 5k on the WRX would be quite nice..

Stealing a quote. just my 0.02c
    ---------------nighthawk black RSX---------------
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)
    alpine CD player (COM 7874)
    ------------------------------------------
    are there any Stage kits for the RSX?? PM me if u know of any..
    -------------------------------------------------------
    VEHICAL OF CHOICE--->SUBARU!(WRX)

base 350z= 26k. I think it competes price-wise. My subie dealer wanted 27k, so I made a preorder for a Z!!

350Z rocks, if i didn't have a family and needed 4doors that car would be the ****zu.

Saw a stock Track Edition 350Z running down the quarter last night at Hawaii Raceway Park.

It was turning 14.50's all night long. While this sounds slow, our track is ~.5 slower than "mainland" tracks so I predict that the car would have ben turning ~14.0's (magazine testing showed 13.90's).

Stock WRX's turn 14.90-15.0's here...

Stock vs. stock I don't think we have much of a chance even on the dragstrip.

Throw an MBC on the WRX and it's pretty even, leaning slightly towards the WRX.

Do BPU on the WRX and the 350Z would be looking at Scooby tail lights!
    Last edited by is2scooby; 09-22-2002 at 04:38 PM.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

i personally think 350z is a better car then our WRXs
    but u have to consider that the 350z is about $7-8,000 more then our WRXs
    if we put $7-8,000 worth of mods on our WRXs, our cars would rule the roads
    - thats my opinion

God
    I love the 350Z. Beautiful car. I'm waiting for the TT version though. VQ35DETT motor is finishing final testing and will be released in the new Skyline and possibly the 350 Z next year in Japan. I'm salivating at seeing the final results.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

I saw one on the road the other day, not a bad lookin car but it was that ugly copper, orange brown type car. I like it, but not for that much $$ can think of alot of other things id do with $35K
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

350z

automoblie magazine got a 5.4 zero to sixty and the 1/4 mile at a 13.8 at 102.5 mile.it all depend on the skill level of the driver with
    some mods , it could see low 13s as for a mustang gt i don't think so.the 350z it's in a legue of it own. I am just speaking out of respect.THATS A BAD ASS V6
    wrx for life

350z

were in the hell did 35k come from it's starts at 26.520.

The track edition stickers at around $34k... Either way, it's a heck of a car. If I had $30k+ to spend on a bone stock car it would be a '03 Cobra through.
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

what i read was 35k, my mistake
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

350z

stock to stock i give it to the 350z by a hair or maybe more, who knows, but the wrx is alot cheaper to mod and it has more of a advantange on the race track and the strep.

wrx for life

I skimmed this thread so sorry if I'm repeating something here, but doesn't the 350z have like three cats. I have the sport compact car magazine in my car, but I don't feel like going out there and checking it right now.

Anyhow, I hated the way it looked when I saw it in magazines, but I absolutely loved it when I saw it on the street, It's sooo sweet. If my brother gets one like he says he is, then I sure as hell will be borrowing it a few times.
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.