WRX vs 350Z What do you think ? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs 350Z What do you think ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by SGOSWRX Also did you catch the price as tested. ,619 That way more than a WRX. Just ...

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    Also did you catch the price as tested. $34,619
    That way more than a WRX. Just imagine how bad ass your WRX would be with 34k invested.
    I couldn't have put it better myself!

Plus, the WRX has a REAL trunk and what are those back there: REAR SEATS!!!!!

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Talking 300zx

true some of you have a point but the last 300 was tt it produce
    a little over 300 hp if my memory correct the new 350 na produceing 287hp is not bad the 300zx ant any faster.
    0-60 5.6
    1/4 13.9 100mph
    top speed 155
    i dont care what any body says but this car is more then capable of doing high 13 factory. wrx for life.
    we need more top end

displacement

you gotta see do to the big displacement the 350 don't have to be turbo charge is more like a american car lots of hp in low rpm.
    just think a 3.5 with low compression piston and some decent camshaft you well be produceing king size hp.
    as for small displacement is only some much we could do with a 2.0liter na

Re: displacement

Originally posted by wrxallwheel
    you gotta see do to the big displacement the 350 don't have to be turbo charge is more like a american car lots of hp in low rpm.
    just think a 3.5 with low compression piston and some decent camshaft you well be produceing king size hp.
    as for small displacement is only some much we could do with a 2.0liter na
    12.4 @ 108 mph - thats what Phil ran with his dyno turned stage 4 setup. Thats without NOS.
    I'll take that kind of awd (rain/snow/sand/dirt) performance for the dollar any day. Thats something a 350z can't touch.

First they make the 350Z and in 2 years there will be a 350Zx which will have forced induction. Just like Subaru introducing the WRX and later bringing the STI.

This way they can sell you another new car in 2 years.

Banned
    heh, whats so bad about non AWD drive cars? My family and me have always driven to snoquamie, steven pass, crystal, and another ski resort in Forward wheel drive. It wasnt to bad

I got to ride in a 350Z at the track, and it handles great, even without the AWD.

WRX vs 350Z What do you think ?

Hi guys, I've done alot of thinking on both of these cars and have mentally tried to think about the pro's and con's of each car. There's about a $6k price diff between the WRX and a 350Z enthusiast model I want.

The thing is personally styling & interior wise the WRX can't compare to the Z, but having a turbo and awd is very tempting on the WRX. The two cars are pretty close stock vs stock performance wise, but with the $6k I would save, the WRX can be tuned for alot more power, but on the other hand I do like the thought of a nice 3.5 v-6. So as you can see I'm on the fence and can't decide!

If you have any views or pro's / con's to add for either car, please list them, perhaps it will help make my decision easier .

thanks

Well, I'm a huge Nissan fan so of course I love the 350Z. I did happen to buy an '03 WRX 2 weeks ago though, and its bad@ss. They're 2 completely different cars. 2 seater / RWD vs. 4 seater / AWD. The 350Z was also on my list this time around, but I opted for the WRX because I just flat out wanted the turbo/AWD. Not to mention my WRX stickered for about $26,500 and the 350Z is quite a bit more $ for one with any amount of options...
    2003 WRX Sedan
    2004 Nissan Xterra SE 4x4

Merged with "Nissan 350Z Stats Out!"
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Don't forget Car and Driver said the WRX did the 1/4 mile in 14.1 and 0-60mph in 5.4 sec.

Second, the 350Z is only a two seater, no back seats

Third, its not turbo charged and it is going to be extremely expensive to modify.

I can only imagine how much of an investment it would take to buy a new 350z and make it run 1.78 sec 60' times and 8.18 in the 1/8 mile - which my WRX does. I'm thinking a lot of cash.

I expect the 350z to be another Porsche Boxter. Thats my opinion.

Except that it cost almost half as much as a porsche.
    350Z is great, the value per dollar is excellent.

Originally posted by jk147
    Except that it cost almost half as much as a porsche.
    350Z is great, the value per dollar is excellent.
    Car and drivers drive away cost for a 350z was like 34k as tested. Does a Porsche Boxter cost $6O,OOO? If it does there are alot of crazy people out there buying them. I would much rather have my WRX than a boxter. Everyother middle aged house wife has one in our neighborhood. There a dime a dozen.

Price claims by Nissan are $28,249 for the 6 speed
    $30,429 for the performance model
    $34,429 for the track model

These prices M.S.R.P. without tax, title, etc. So if you want a 6 speed 350z your going to pay at least 30k+ out the door.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 09-12-2002 at 01:16 PM.

Originally posted by SGOSWRX

Car and drivers drive away cost for a 350z was like 34k as tested. Does a Porsche Boxter cost $6O,OOO? If it does there are alot of crazy people out there buying them. I would much rather have my WRX than a boxter. Everyother middle aged house wife has one in our neighborhood. There a dime a dozen.

Price claims by Nissan are $28,249 for the 6 speed
    $30,429 for the performance model
    $34,429 for the track model

These prices M.S.R.P. without tax, title, etc. So if you want a 6 speed 350z your going to pay at least 30k+ out the door.
    Plus, it lacks the AWD I depend on in the winter.

The Z's 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are exactly what C/D got for the WRX. Trap is a little better on the Z though. And the Z has a skidpad advantage, BUT:
    1. That's a perfectly smooth skidpad, not real world. WRX rules on rough pavement.
    2. With some sticky plus-one or plus-two tires, WRX gets similar skidpad numbers.

So basically all the Z has got on us is top end above 100 mph and looks. We've got 4 seats, AWD, and oh yeah our car costs $10,000 less.

Hard to compare anything to the WRX dollar for dollar. Nothing even comes close.
    Last edited by FUNKED1; 09-12-2002 at 01:58 PM.
    FUNKED1
    GO PETTER & TOMMI!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.