WRX vs 350Z What do you think ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs 350Z What do you think ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; for that kind of money i would rather invest in the mazda rx-8 better looks, similar performance 4 seater.......

for that kind of money i would rather invest in the mazda rx-8 better looks, similar performance 4 seater....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by SobeWRX
    for that kind of money i would rather invest in the mazda rx-8 better looks, similar performance 4 seater....
    I am going to reserve Judgement on that until I see a RX8 in person.

I've ridden in the 350Z, so I can't wait to make the comparison.

Re: Nissan 350Z stats out!

Originally posted by AutoXJunkie
    According to the August Car & Driver:

287hp, 274 lb/ft
    0-60: 5.4
    1/4: 14.1@101
    Top Speed: 156
    Skidpad: .88 with moderate understeer
    Weight: 3322lbs
    Trap speed indicates it might have more in it, but the ET isn't that great. I was expecting more given all the hype. Looks like a good match for a Mustang GT.

I think you will see some times in the 13's from other publications. And you should see them VERY soon.

keep in mind that magazine 1/4 mile times generally SUCK for all cars. I think with a good driver the Z should get in the 13s, but i guess we'll just have to wait.

btw, about the RX-8, i love the looks of the car but there is NO torque. Bummer , the interrior in that car is the sweetest around IMO. Remember, the only replacement for displacement is FI (which mazda apparently forgot).

later

Question 350z

I just wanted to know what everbody think about the
    nissan 350z.
    0-60 5.4
    1/4 13.9 101mph
    top speed 156 drag limited
    car and driver or automoblemagzine

Thumbs up

On paper, and reading about somebody else driving it, sounds great. If they import it out in sufficient quantity to keep the dealers from shafting people, pretty nice performance indeed for under $30k. Apparently a very well-sorted chassis as well.

The styling looks a little derivative to me, German-influenced, IMO: Porsche-like from some angles, but not bad. Then again, when did the Japanese ever lead the pack when it comes to original styling ? It might be one of those cars which looks better when you get to see it in three dimensions, as opposed to magazine shots.

indeed for WRX owners. It'll be quick.
    Last edited by ScoobySteve; 07-16-2002 at 09:23 PM.
    Old, but not slow.

Should be a nice car. Im not a huge fan of the looks, but I didnt really like how the WRX looked at first either.

350z

how about 0.88g of cornering stick.and 287hp and 275torque
    i better get some mod before i tango with one of those monter.

my freind is on the wait list, last i spoke to him he said it is to arrive late september. Like the last gens of z's it looks like a freaking (to use the engrish) "Super-Porker!", but im not a proponent of 'magazine racing' id have to see it on the track, i just remeber in the past how everything else has been hyped up (civic si, rsx, itr etc....)
    Edge of The Blade

This car is cool, when I was thinking about getting a car this year I debated on waiting for this car. But then I remembered that it's a RWD car and I said no way. I need a car for year round, not just a summer car. AWD baby, good in any environment. Plus remember people a simple $50 dollar part(MBC) and your running simalar times as the Z in the quarter and actually faster 0-60.
    WR Blue Perl WRX

The track version looks pretty badass.

• Carbon-fiber driveshaft
    • Brembo® brakes with 4-piston front calipers, 2-piston rear calipers, 12.8" vented front discs and 12.7" vented rear discs
    • Front and rear stabilizer bars
    • Rear strut tower brace
    • Xenon 4-bulb high intensity discharge headlights
    • 18" x 8.0" (front) / 8.5" (rear) 6-spoke super light forged-aluminum alloy wheels by Rays
    • P225/45WR18 front & P245/45WR18 rear high performance tires
    • Front spoiler
    • Rear drag reducing spoiler

I'd be in if it weren't $36,000! Great cars though, and if they can give us a run for the money in the 1/4, we're gonna be seeing some 350Z rear ends shrinking pretty damn quickly after those 14 seconds have elapsed!

On a note, I love seeing car companies bring back their high-performance models. Pontiac's bringin the GTO back, the 350 is here, BMW is reviving the 6 series, and of course Mitsubishi is givin us something to worry about with the EVO VII. 2003 shoud be a great year!

I think its ugly. (and I thought the WRX was cool even before I bought it) Not a big fan of RWD. I need a car I can drive year round. When I saw the Car and Driver, though, I thought, "COMPETITION!!" Should be interesting. Probably around here, though, the only people to own one (if any) will be old farts who don't race.

My only really problem with it is the curb weight. It weighs more than a Corvette.

V6 RWD car weighing more than V8 RWD car = Somethings wrong

-Jim

These are the same exact stats they quoted for the WRX.
    5.4 sec 0-60mph and low 14s 1/4 mile.
    The Z has a little higher trap speed.

The biggest problem with the new Z is of course its not turbo charged. It runs a relatively high compression ratio and will not handle boost well. I will be very expensive to setup properly for forced induction.

The WRX is much much easier and cheaper to make fast. A fact the WRX has over most everything on the market.

I see the new Z falling into a catagory muck like the Porsche Boxter. Thats just not my kind of car. Its also not the kind of car most people see at a drag strip.

Also did you catch the price as tested. $34,619
    That way more than a WRX. Just imagine how bad ass your WRX would be with 34k invested.
    Last edited by SGOSWRX; 07-17-2002 at 11:00 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast