I Lost To A 2003 996 Turbo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I Lost To A 2003 996 Turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I Lost To A 2003 996 Turbo Okay ... so what do I need to take one of these? This ...

Banned

Okay ... so what do I need to take one of these? This is really my 1st DEATH since I have had my STi currently at 292 whp... Cool guy on the highway today started at around 65 mph to aprox 130 and was back 3-4 cars.... It was charcoal grey looked stock and took me . It was gorgeouse... I didn't think I would lose by 3 -4 cars to be honest. I know that the e46m3 is not as fast as a Turbo but I have taken one by 2-3 cars on the highway.. the Turbo os sexy BUT what would I need to take it? I have been thining of upgrading my Turbo next month.. which will bring me to 340-350 whp..I understand that the Turbo is AWD aswelll.. and must have %20 drive train loss like Our subbies do.. wonder why they Dyno at so what will I need at the wheels to hang with one or take it?

(sorry I accidentlty posted this on the Video forum thinking it was this forum so please ignore the double post)
    Btw- his lecense plate said BRKAWAY

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

GT35 turbo kit.

Better gearing.

Better driving.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Hey nice death. Don't feel bad. Get an Easy Street Upgrade for your STi and you will be dead even with him. 425hp kit. Pick up the new Turbo magazine.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Banned

I was thinking

Of the KOng Turbo,,, will that be enough?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Hey nice death. Don't feel bad. Get an Easy Street Upgrade for your STi and you will be dead even with him. 425hp kit. Pick up the new Turbo magazine.
    Um no. Mod the car yourself for less than 50k.

Quote Originally Posted by supersuby
    Of the KOng Turbo,,, will that be enough?
    superzilla turbo sounds good.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

If you are going to upgrade a turbo, there IS NO BETTER Pump gas turbo then the FP Green, just get it, efficent, and BB center it spools fast on a 2.5. More lag? Yes but you'll easilly make more WHP because of how efficent and hold 21 PSI and make about 400whp on pump so easilly and with NO knock, 500WHP on C16. If they made it for teh Evo I would get one. It flows 780CFM's and spools very quick for it's size.

a superzilla=green. It's the same thing, except you have the choice in compressor wheels.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Quote Originally Posted by AjIsDope
    Um no. Mod the car yourself for less than 50k.
    To buy the car might cost 50K. But to put the kit on ur STi might be 10K.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

fre
    To give you an idea of what a porsche turbo puts out...I dynoed 305 on a dyno dynamics where a porsche turbo put down 295whp or so. You say you make about 300whp but I am assuming that is a dynojet, so you have about another 40 hp or so to catch up.
    11.1 @ 131

Banned

I hope u meant

The Turbo dynod 395 whp not 295?

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by supersuby
    The Turbo dynod 395 whp not 295?
    Nope. You can check it out for yourself on www.dynocomp.com 395 on that dyno would be well over 500 hp ... Actually let me post the pic. Here you go.... over 300wtq but under 300whp. The graph shows stock vs. there ecu upgrade. WIth those gains on the ecu flash I don't see why you wouldn't do it lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 996-Stage-1-45by55.jpg  
    Last edited by fre; 01-30-2005 at 11:46 PM.
    11.1 @ 131

I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting dyno! That ecu upgrade is insane!!!! Talk about easy power!!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

i think he'll need much more than the 300whp that the 911TT brings to the table in order too offset the aerodynamic drag and gearing advantages the 911 has at speed.

On the bright side though, the 911TT's are not geared for low end acceleration (LONG first and second gears). 3rd to 6th will put a hurtin on ya though, since they are really close together.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Whoa.... something to be said about buying the best car you can initially, then modding. Wish I could afford a 996 Turbo. Superzilla/green sounds like a good choice to me. Might not get the peak HP to brag about with it, but the area under the curve is where it shines.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.