Just murdered a 350Z - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just murdered a 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by fastwrx135 What goes both ways?? im a little lost here. The guy stated that a wrx and ...

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    What goes both ways?? im a little lost here. The guy stated that a wrx and a 350z are about equal in terms of speed. I was making clear to him that when racing from a roll, a 350z will walk a wrx with ease. From a dig, yes both cars will run similar times depending on the driver of course. Is this what you're trying to say?
    anywhere from 0-90mph or so will a good launch the wrx will win. ANywhere from 20-top speed the 350Z will win. And a dig through the 1/4 mile the cars are equal. It was like he was saying the cars are equal and you were saying not from a roll, so yes the 350Z is faster from a roll but from a dig up to speeds much faster then most races on the street go the 350Z is slower. So basically yeah you are faster from a rolling highway race and we are gonna smoke you at a stop light race, and in the 1/4 we are equal. In the real world there are at least in my experience as many races that are done at lights from 0-75 or so and all those races with a good driver would be won by the wrx, of course the highway or rolling races would be won by the 350Z and at the dragstrip its a drivers race.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 01-30-2005 at 09:08 AM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not to jack this thread but....

From what I've seen.....

Stock WRX vs 350z.....350 will win from a roll and dig

Stg 2 vs 350Z.....Drivers race from a dig / WRX runs out of steam by the end of 3rd

Stg 4 vs 350Z.....350 gets dusted hard from a dig and a roll

Stg 4 Large Turbo vs 350Z.....350 better pray his FI system spools quickly

EVO vs 350Z.....drivers race from a dig and roll

EVO Mild Mods vs 350Z......350Z gets dusted hard from a dig and roll

EVO more mods vs 350Z......Just a waste of gas for the EVO (300whp +)

EVO with crazy mods......350Z owner will need more than the usual bolt on FI system

Just my 2 cents
    .....also never lost to a 350Z ranging from stock to bolt on wonders
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

^^^ at least those Z cars dont have vtec
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    ^^^ at least those Z cars dont have vtec
    Oh but they do, except its called "CVTCS"
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

Nice kill... love that color on the evo d00d.... what time are you doing on the 1/4 ?

Quote Originally Posted by aoi_akurei
    Nice kill... love that color on the evo d00d.... what time are you doing on the 1/4 ?
    Right now I'm around a 12.9. Will be low 12's soon.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

I owned a 350z and it was auto, i had a shot on it and was pulling around 12.60's 1/4.. I have raced many EVO's and just as many WRX's and i havent lost yet, the only car that came close was a WRX' mods (MBC, UP, DP, Utech,BOV,CAI) He is the reason i switched to a WRX, we exchanged numbers after the run. The next day it snowed AND HE PICKED ME UP! We chilled and drifted a bit, and that was it my mind was made up, the WRX is a better ALL-AROUND car, but the Z LOOKS HOT AS HELL!!!!

Well, im here now for a reason like these cars a little, better 4doors, mod friendly to an certian limits. But i would rather dump 10G's into a wrx and make it INSANE the 10G's for just a bolt on TT kit for the Z that can only handle 8 psi and only hit 12.0's!

Later guys,
    ImpreziveREX

BY THE WAY I STILL HAVENT HAD A CHANCE TO PICK ON SOME STOCK 350Z'z

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpreziveREX
    I owned a 350z and it was auto, i had a shot on it and was pulling around 12.60's 1/4.. I have raced many EVO's and just as many WRX's and i havent lost yet, the only car that came close was a WRX' mods (MBC, UP, DP, Utech,BOV,CAI) He is the reason i switched to a WRX, we exchanged numbers after the run. The next day it snowed AND HE PICKED ME UP! We chilled and drifted a bit, and that was it my mind was made up, the WRX is a better ALL-AROUND car, but the Z LOOKS HOT AS HELL!!!!

Well, im here now for a reason like these cars a little, better 4doors, mod friendly to an certian limits. But i would rather dump 10G's into a wrx and make it INSANE the 10G's for just a bolt on TT kit for the Z that can only handle 8 psi and only hit 12.0's!

Later guys,
    ImpreziveREX

BY THE WAY I STILL HAVENT HAD A CHANCE TO PICK ON SOME STOCK 350Z'z
    12.0? I dunno about that. 12.9 was the absolute best I saw out of a turboed Z and even if he shaved 3 tenths off his 60' it would only be around a 12.5. It was trapping around 108 so it didn't have a 12.0 in it.
    11.1 @ 131

at our subaru shootout last year there was a turbo 350 running consistant 12.2 or better times. It was a shop car though.

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    at our subaru shootout last year there was a turbo 350 running consistant 12.2 or better times. It was a shop car though.

Oh I'm sure with enough mods and setup properly they could run faster, I was just commenting on the normal turbo setup that they sell.
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    Nice kill, Will!

i want a Z kill
    ^^^ so do I
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

Hey will, we should run again soon. My car is getting tuned on Saturday.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    Hey will, we should run again soon. My car is getting tuned on Saturday.
    Sweet. Yea you know me i'm ready whenever. I have to wait for my new mods. They all should get here by the end of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by fre
    12.0? I dunno about that. 12.9 was the absolute best I saw out of a turboed Z and even if he shaved 3 tenths off his 60' it would only be around a 12.5. It was trapping around 108 so it didn't have a 12.0 in it.

The other car i used to roll with had a APS TT kit running 8.5 psi, with their entire setup. Dont get me wrong i have seen many TT 350's only pull 12.6\12.8's with a TT setup thats becuase they werent running the APS kit, look at APS's site they STATE their standing 1/4 mile time as 11.95!

Thank YOU!

HAVE A NICE DAY!

Quote Originally Posted by ImpreziveREX
    The other car i used to roll with had a APS TT kit running 8.5 psi, with their entire setup. Dont get me wrong i have seen many TT 350's only pull 12.6\12.8's with a TT setup thats becuase they werent running the APS kit, look at APS's site they STATE their standing 1/4 mile time as 11.95!

Thank YOU!

HAVE A NICE DAY!
    Yes this was the kit I was going to buy, when I had my Z. Best kit out there. Ive seen 350Z's with this kit walk away from new E55 AMG's all day.
    I would of had this setup but RWD is not practical for me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.