me vs s4

This is a discussion on me vs s4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a 02 cobb stage 1 wrx. I raced and s4 from about 40mph. I pulled about half a ...

CPC

me vs s4

I have a 02 cobb stage 1 wrx. I raced and s4 from about 40mph. I pulled about half a car by the top of 2nd gear. Later we raced from about 40 mph again and he got the jump on me and he pulled about half a car on me then by the end of 3rd I had pulled to the point that my front end was just past his and was still pulling, we shutdown there.
    There were 3 people in his car and it was just me in my car.
    The reason I posted this is because I thought s4 were faster than that. Do you think it was the extra weight that he had that made the distance? I asked him if he was flooring it because I was puzzled with the out come of the race and he said he was. What do you guys think of the outcome? Cause I thought I was going to get killed.
    Cobb Stage 1 02 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CPCThatsMe
    I have a 02 cobb stage 1 wrx. I raced and s4 from about 40mph. I pulled about half a car by the top of 2nd gear. Later we raced from about 40 mph again and he got the jump on me and he pulled about half a car on me then by the end of 3rd I had pulled to the point that my front end was just past his and was still pulling, we shutdown there.
    There were 3 people in his car and it was just me in my car.
    The reason I posted this is because I thought s4 were faster than that. Do you think it was the extra weight that he had that made the distance? I asked him if he was flooring it because I was puzzled with the out come of the race and he said he was. What do you guys think of the outcome? Cause I thought I was going to get killed.
    Depends on what S4 it was, if it was the newer one i would have thought you would have gotten beaten worse, as for the Twin turbo one i would have thought you would have pulled a lttle more. I have an 05 wrx with just a lightweight pulley and a short throw shifter, i raced an S4 wagon. There was one passenger in the wagon i was by myself, i was able to creep way from him from a 25mph roll to about 60mph and i was still pulling slightly after i slowed down.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

there was too many people in his car.
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

new S4, then yes something was wrong... that car should have walked you hard.

bi-turbo S4 should put somey distance on you stock vs stock, but he probably had about 400 or so extra pounds and you are also stageI so I could see how it makes sense.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

CPC
    Not sure what year it was but did not look like the newest audi but it did not look like it was to old either. I think it had turbo because it seemed as though i could hear his turbo.
    Cobb Stage 1 02 WRX

the bi turbo s4's arent that much faster than stock wrx..trap a couple of mph faster in a 1/4 mile. You have cobb stage 1 which gives you some extra power + his extra heads than everything makes sense. Now if he had the v8 s4's than we got a myster on our hands..nice kill tho
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Good Kill.

I was able to hang w/ a turbo S4 in my wagon. All I had was cat-back, perrin pully, and K&N drop-in. We were both alone in the car. The S4 is a little heavy but has a ton of potential.

Later, T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

I am running a yellow Bi-Turbo S4 tonight He only has a catback exaust and chip. I will post results.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    I am running a yellow Bi-Turbo S4 tonight He only has a catback exaust and chip. I will post results.

good luck!
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill

those cars are so detuned out of the factory that catback exhaust and chip is huge..good luck and get it on vid if possible plz..that would be fun to watch
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    new S4, then yes something was wrong... that car should have walked you hard.

bi-turbo S4 should put somey distance on you stock vs stock, but he probably had about 400 or so extra pounds and you are also stageI so I could see how it makes sense.
    bi-turbo S4 will barely creep on a stock wrx in equal situations. And plus a bi-turbo S4 has a number of years on it at this point where the wrx is alot newer and the engine is in most cases going to be running stronger.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

CPC
    thanks for the replies and the info
    Cobb Stage 1 02 WRX

my friend's buddie is running dual k04's with a custom GIAC tune... on 91 crappy cali pump its about ~400 to the wheels...

the s4 is a beast waiting to be unleashed. all the audi's are pretty detuned from the factory, simple chip upgrade is like 50+hp and 80+torque
    R.I.P. 2004 WRB WRX
    MODS

nice kill
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?