33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Acura RSX-s

5 15.15%
  • Toyota Celica GT-s

7 21.21%
  • Lexus IS300

21 63.64%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Help me pick a car! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by dccphs jester, dude, dont listen to these people!! they are just jealous that you are only 16 ...

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by dccphs
    jester, dude, dont listen to these people!! they are just jealous that you are only 16 and you have the opportunity to get a wrx (hopefully if you talk your grandpa into it) definitly go for the wrx. you are gonna buy a car, and have it for another 3-5 years at least. dont SETTLE for a car that you will regret you got everyday. go for the wrx. the AWD is totally awesome, and its super safe. the wrx is not even this monsterous V8 that peels out every time you hit the gas, or that fishtails every time you take a turn in the rain. i used to have a V8 mustang gt and let me tell you, the frist couple times i fishtailed, it was scary!!! i didnt think i could handle it. i got better though, and eventually i was fishtailing around every corner i could, but thats not the point. the point is, go for the wrx. dont settle for somthing you will regret. my dad taught me that. he made the mistake of settling for a car, and he regretted it everyday he had the car. now he spares no expense. he just put an order in for a new 2003 BMW M3. its awesome, but anyway, DEFINETLY TRY FOR THE WRX!!!!!!!!!
    I just want to say that I'm not jealous at all...if I was, I'd be hating all over Jason (PhreeZe), one of my best buddies on this forum, because he's 16 and has a WRX. I just don't like people lying about their intentions.

Also, I've been PMing jester a bit...he's got a good head on his shoulders. He just needs to be upfront with what he wants to do with his car and not trying to pull some wool over our eyes.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thank you guys for all your words or wisdom, im going to the dealership in about an hour to test drive the WRX, heres dat cath thou..my gpa wants me to get the WRX in AT...which im really not to wild about.at all..im still trying to convice him for a Blue or black MT WRX...wish me luck...i really respect everbody on this board...except RSXRAcer..lol..

Peace im outta here..plz plz plz prey for me..i really want MT, AT is too boring for me...im blabbing ill report the results as if u care...lol
    ---------------nighthawk black RSX---------------
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)
    alpine CD player (COM 7874)
    ------------------------------------------
    are there any Stage kits for the RSX?? PM me if u know of any..
    -------------------------------------------------------
    VEHICAL OF CHOICE--->SUBARU!(WRX)

good luck.

hope you get what you want.

Originally posted by dccphs
    jester, dude, dont listen to these people!! they are just jealous that you are only 16 and you have the opportunity to get a wrx
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

lol, dealership closed b4 i got there..im going on monday..
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

Er, are you sure that it was the dealership that wouldn't give you the car? It sounds more like an insurance company, or even your gramps.

Anyway, I say go towards a Civic. You can put some exterior accesories on it, maybe put in a turbo, new exhaust, blah, blah, then sell it for 20k and buy yourself a bigger, better car. By then you'll probably have some experience with fast cars (if you can call Civics fast).
    -Rob/Aspiring Director

alright, from what new news ive herd from da grand master gramps is that the WRX is almost out of the question, and ima have to go w\ a ricy Ceclica GT-s and ill probly get the action package.....its gonna be auto trans. so theres no point of modding it...plus its a celica....things keep changing so i hope they change to WRX manual...lol, in my dreams either way ill be still showing love to this board...n e other suggestions on a car to get..i think the celica is best choice..
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

i was @ the dealers today and i found that the Celica is not for me, i just didnt like the interior too much..and the RSX..it sorta kinda took me by susprise..nice interior, not great performance...i duno i sorta liked it, but i did not like the body style, thats one peeve i have on that car..and i got to Test drive the WRX>>OMG IM IN LOVE>>SO NICE...took a corner at 45 easily..but there are no more 02' in stock and they want somting like 26k for the 03's..so i probly wont end up getting a WRX. i know this is a bord for the WRX but does n e body know of a nice body kit for the RSX? everying i see for that car is too ricy..thank you
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

Originally posted by jester
    ...i duno i sorta liked it, but i did not like the body style, thats one peeve i have on that car..and i got to Test drive the WRX>>OMG IM IN LOVE>>SO NICE...took a corner at 45 easily..but there are no more 02' in stock and they want somting like 26k for the 03's..so i probly wont end up getting a WRX. i know this is a bord for the WRX but does n e body know of a nice body kit for the RSX? everying i see for that car is too ricy..thank you
    IMO, if you don't like the basic styling, no body kit is going to be able to put that right. That's like marrying a woman you think is homely and hoping she'll be able to wear enough makeup to compensate for it.

Let's recap here: The RSX, "sorta liked it". The WRX "OMG IM IN LOVE." If grandpa okays either car, sounds like a no-brainer to me. Go find another Subaru dealer with '02 WRX's and make your deal. Otherwise you'll be on here later like RSXSucks with "who wants to buy my car ?" in your signature.

Good luck, whatever you decide.
    Last edited by ScoobySteve; 09-16-2002 at 04:37 PM.
    Old, but not slow.

I have a really tight 2000 Celica GT-S for sale for only 18,000 hell I will take a little less for it only 38k on car and the motor was replaced by toyota @ 20k due to a manufacturer defect. (they said that they were not going to just fix the problem but replace the whole motor??? diden't make sense to me but what the hell free motor ok)
    This is my fiance's car it has 18in Racinghart Z5000's, Eibach Sportline road race springs, indiglo guages, clear corners.etc etc.

THIS CAR IS EXTREMELY NICE all options, runs like brand new. FEMALE OWNED.

if your interested email me @greenstang50@yahoo.com
    Its located in NC but could possibley deliver.

I have a really tight 2000 Celica GT-S for sale for only 18,000 hell I will take a little less for it only 38k on car and the motor was replaced by toyota @ 20k due to a manufacturer defect. (they said that they were not going to just fix the problem but replace the whole motor??? diden't make sense to me but what the hell free motor ok)
    This is my fiance's car it has 18in Racinghart Z5000's, Yokahoma Parada's, Eibach Sportline road race springs, indiglo guages, clear corners.etc etc.

THIS CAR IS EXTREMELY NICE all options, runs like brand new. FEMALE OWNED.

if your interested email me @greenstang50@yahoo.com
    Its located in NC but could possibley deliver.

With the extra cash you could have a really nasty Celica its ready for a body kit and engine mods, they have a new T4 turbo kit for only $2500 complete.... I wish I could buy it from her but we just had a son so its not really practical for us.
    Last edited by stupid fast 5.0; 09-16-2002 at 04:42 PM.

easy huh?

you guys make this sound so easy..yes i get a free car..but its sorta like hell to get it..i cannot get a MANUAL..and my price limit is about 25k finial price..WRX AT isnt exactly the easiest thing to come by..and its obvious why. im currently trying to get a GT-s Auto. or a WRX..but for somereason the RSX keeps comming up which i dont like, do the 4eat WRX's have sport shift?
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

Originally posted by jester
    i was @ the dealers today and i found that the Celica is not for me, i just didnt like the interior too much..and the RSX..it sorta kinda took me by susprise..nice interior, not great performance...i duno i sorta liked it, but i did not like the body style, thats one peeve i have on that car
    The Celica is not for you, you sorta liked the RSX. No wait, that was yesterday. Today it's "im currently trying to get a GT-s Auto....for somereason the RSX keeps comming up which I dont like." Kid, do us a favor and post again when you've made up your mind and have the car. Lots of good advice has already been given.

Okay, one last bit. Avoid the GT-S automatic. It's hard enough to keep it in the power band with 6 gears you control yourself. You do get those kind of hokey shift buttons on the wheel with th GT-S automatic, but the word is they're not that good - in the sense of being intuitive and easy to use. Want a nice automatic Toyota ? Get an MR2 with the paddle shifting. This a legitimate clutchless shifting system like Ferrari has, in an affordable car.
    Old, but not slow.

Thats not a tough descision. go for the WRX if you get the rsx ( imo) it is just not fast enough. even if it is at it is still a WRX. hopefully i will be able to sell my rsx for the wrx this end of october.
    If you love something, let it go If it comes back its yours, If not, it never was

all in all

alright heres da final draft..i havent been posing on this club n e more b\c i bought a 03 GT-s in black thats a AT..its not my favoite car buts its growing in me fast..i dont race it for obvoius reasons. im just making it look nice w\o trying to be ricy, not big wing, infact no Wing..they all are ricy to me..no blig bling chrome rims..just a clean body kit, some black\polished aluimum, and a sound system....no can exhuast im not much of a fan of that either..i still really envy WRX and there owners..
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast