• Acura RSX-s

5 15.15%
  • Toyota Celica GT-s

7 21.21%
  • Lexus IS300

21 63.64%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Help me pick a car! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Jester, you and your grand-pa should both be thankful that the dealership is more concerned with your life and the ...

Jester, you and your grand-pa should both be thankful that the dealership is more concerned with your life and the safety of other drivers than they are about their bottom line. For that reason alone you should strongly consider getting a NON-WRX Imprezza from that dealer. You still get a nice new car, the safety of AWD and you reward the dealer for being honest.

I do realize that the above scenario has a 0% chance of happening but it is a nice dream.....

boxman
    The meek shall inherit the earth, then we'll take it away from them....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

tan
    from what I heard, the 2003 Golf GL will be available with the 1.8T.

THen with leftover money you can work the suspension & rims, and also a chip.

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX

Re: Re: IM pissed,help me

Originally posted by Flyboy

This is probably the exact reason that your grandfather isn't allowing you to get one. Your immaturity is too obvious, just because you've researched the WRX fully doesn't mean you deserve to have one. Frankly I think your grandfather should buy you a conservative, low horsepower compact car because you are cleaerly going to be out racing and beating the hell out of that thing. My first car was a 1981 VW Rabbit, my dad wouldn't allow me to buy the high performance V8 muscle car that I wanted because he knew that I would wrap myself around a telephone poll. Stop dreaming and bring yourself back to reality, get yourself a Ford Focus and pocket the rest of the dough. When you're older and supporting yourself then you can go out and buy whatever you want. What Subaru dealer told your grandfather that the WRX was too much car for you? Mastro or Reeves?
    You've got a good point here, Flyboy. I know more than a few younger people (16-17) who have WRXs but they all drive responsibly and don't want the car just to race it. It's like what Koyokid said in a different thread...it's not the age, it's the attitude.

I was going to feel for you Jester, but that last paragraph of yours did yourself in.

I'd get a new 2.5RS instead (since your grandfather is biased against used cars)...stick with the AWD.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Senior Editor and Photographer, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

My question is, why would the dealership say such a thing? Subaru is pushing for unit volume right now - a customer with cash in hand is a SOLD unit! Plus, Subaru has one of the best safety performance records around right now. This is bizzare.

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    My question is, why would the dealership say such a thing? Subaru is pushing for unit volume right now - a customer with cash in hand is a SOLD unit! Plus, Subaru has one of the best safety performance records around right now. This is bizzare.
    I don't think the sparkling safety record is going to help anything if he's just going to race his car all the time and "hopefully win." The dealership must've seen something in him whether in person or through his grandfather that made them say that. I commend the dealership for not trying to make a quick buck.
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 2010 A4, still to be named | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

Yes, I do sense a disturbance in the Force - I see a kid with a inverted tennis cap, lighted Nike shoes with his hand on his nutz walking into a Subaru dealership... "SOLD!"...... later on a dropped WRX with blue underlighting, 20" rims and 45 pod gauges with a 16" fart can... "Bling-Bling, yo!"... A terrible wreck, involving a mini-van... Clouded is the future indeed... Maybe the dealer sensed this too and saved us from corruption... Very interesting.

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    Yes, I do sense a disturbance in the Force - I see a kid with a inverted tennis cap, lighted Nike shoes with his hand on his nutz walking into a Subaru dealership... "SOLD!"...... later on a dropped WRX with blue underlighting, 20" rims and 45 pod gauges with a 16" fart can... "Bling-Bling, yo!"... A terrible wreck, involving a mini-van... Clouded is the future indeed... Maybe the dealer sensed this too and saved us from corruption... Very interesting.
    Well, I wouldn't go that far, but you never know...heh

Instead of IS300, I would rather get..
    1) Nissan 350Z
    2) Acura CL-S
    3) Infinity G35

There are so many better choices out there now when you are around 30k.
    Acura RSX-S and Celica GT-S are just about as dangerous as WRX. So I don't see how choosing one over the other will help anything. I say get a civic EX and be safe.. hehe.

alright let me clarify some things up..im not a gansta thug..i do like to race alot, but i've been apart of the "club" long enought that i have learned to take much more into consideration..i dont race in heavy traffic or anytihng like that..mostly track..im not going for the bling bling look infact i really dont care much about rims..its like one of the last things im going to do. and for responcibitiy, the dealer never meet me he was speaking in teenagers in general he didnt look at me and say no, my grandpa called on his own time(mastro) and talked to the dealer about it..dont get me wrong im not gonna shelter this car but then again im not gonna redline gears for the fun of it...i just think its a great car, all around..it has looks, speed, and handeling,and its safe..my plans were to maybe get some DSM 40 suspenion, wheels and a body kit, nothing flashy..then after around 2-3k miles free up some HP in the exhaust and nothign lound M2 looks good..blah blah blah you get the point...and i just got off the phone with him he said i could have a WRX but it has to be automatic, im gonna fight that too the whole purpose of the WRX is for the pure enjoyment of having control over the car..im rambeling, ask more Q's..im looking for a "fast car" like a car that i can spend not too much money(5k or less) and get a nice 13.00 timeslip or alteast under 13.5..also b\c ima a teenager i would like somthing a bit sproty...if i cant get a car thats "fast" then ill get a lux car and do a project 240 in my garage...i worked for SUbaru for a month i know what im doing..no a ricer.
    ---------------nighthawk black RSX---------------
    2x12's JL W0's
    kenwood amp (450watts)
    alpine CD player (COM 7874)
    ------------------------------------------
    are there any Stage kits for the RSX?? PM me if u know of any..
    -------------------------------------------------------
    VEHICAL OF CHOICE--->SUBARU!(WRX)

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by jester
    alright let me clarify some things up..im not a gansta thug..i do like to race alot, but i've been apart of the "club" long enought that i have learned to take much more into consideration..i dont race in heavy traffic or anytihng like that..mostly track..
    Originally posted by jester
    i dunno if you have been keeping up with my posts, but anyways. how bad is the AT on the WRX. like by how much is it worst than MT...cuz i might get the WRX but the catch is it has to be an AT...i really want MT. so anyways, how bad is the launch and whatever..is it really not woth getting if its an AT..im mostly street racing and a bit of drag..mostly street light 2 light.

"Mostly track" huh? I didn't know tracks had street lights! I thought they called that thing the Chrismas Tree??? Give me a break. You're not fooling anyone anymore. You're digging your own hole now!

You're not getting any sympathy from me anymore. You're not anything like the responsible, mature, teenage WRX owners I know.

0wn3d.

I really like the new celica, but not the newest model year, because they killed the performance by making the fuel cut 7800rpm instead of 8300. But if those are the three choices, I'd get 2000 celica gt-s if you can find one. I have heard of them going low 14 in the 1/4 with an exhaust and intake. Plus they look sweeeeet!
    New:
    2005 Electric Blue Lancer Evo VIII

Traded:
    Platinum Silver 02 WRX
    TurboXS stage2

This is exactly the attitude I've been talking about. What a joke. And now we're being asked which is faster, an AT or MT. Have you been paying attention to cars at all? If you can't even answer that question on your own you need to stay as far away as possible from any vehicle.

Flyboy's right, the only thing you need is a Ford Focus. Actually, you can rice out a Kia Rio pretty good. But just make sure to get the AT because if automotive history has taught us anything, it's that AT cars are always as fast or faster than their MT counterparts.

Come on man. This is total bullcrap. Like I told SpeedRacer, grow the hell up.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

Originally posted by SilverX
    I really like the new celica, but not the newest model year, because they killed the performance by making the fuel cut 7800rpm instead of 8300. But if those are the three choices, I'd get 2000 celica gt-s if you can find one. I have heard of them going low 14 in the 1/4 with an exhaust and intake. Plus they look sweeeeet!
    14's. Hmmmm. I had a 2000 GT-S with TRD exhaust and the Rod Millen CAI. It didn't feel like a low 14 sec. car. The VVTi is the whole problem with the engine, really. Doesn't activate until 6300 rpm. What were they thinking of ? Even shifting above the redline, the car was virtually impossible to keep on the cam, every time you upshift, wait for that great surge of power, and boom, you're immediately shifting again. And torque ? What torque ? Absolutely gutless under 5,000 rpm.

Headroom sucks for a tall guy. Poor visibility compared to the WRX, especially to the rear. Positives: the styling, excellent brakes and steering, very nice handling front driver.
    Old, but not slow.

what about the new Sentra spec-V, it is a nice car too. ok I am bias, I owned a maxima before. Stillen tunes it pretty well too.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

jester, dude, dont listen to these people!! they are just jealous that you are only 16 and you have the opportunity to get a wrx (hopefully if you talk your grandpa into it) definitly go for the wrx. you are gonna buy a car, and have it for another 3-5 years at least. dont SETTLE for a car that you will regret you got everyday. go for the wrx. the AWD is totally awesome, and its super safe. the wrx is not even this monsterous V8 that peels out every time you hit the gas, or that fishtails every time you take a turn in the rain. i used to have a V8 mustang gt and let me tell you, the frist couple times i fishtailed, it was scary!!! i didnt think i could handle it. i got better though, and eventually i was fishtailing around every corner i could, but thats not the point. the point is, go for the wrx. dont settle for somthing you will regret. my dad taught me that. he made the mistake of settling for a car, and he regretted it everyday he had the car. now he spares no expense. he just put an order in for a new 2003 BMW M3. its awesome, but anyway, DEFINETLY TRY FOR THE WRX!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.