Cobb 2 v's Celi gts
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobb 2 v's Celi gts within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's with these celica dudes? I raced one a few days ago wasted it hard from a wacky roll from ...

Cobb 2 v's Celi gts

What's with these celica dudes? I raced one a few days ago wasted it hard from a wacky roll from 60-100mph like 7-8 car or so, and they get so mad about it all. I had to conceed from the post just because it was getting too wack. But some of them really think the celi gts is a beast. I don't get it. Maybe to a SI, or a RSX. I mean they seem to think that mod for mod a celi has a chance. Well the guy I raced sure doesn't.

I think celi's are great lookers, but they are old news. They just have a weak bang for the buck that's all. That's why Toyota has given up on it, its sales crumbled hard. Handles like a dream though!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    I think celi's are great lookers, but they are old news. They just have a weak bang for the buck that's all. That's why Toyota has given up on it, its sales crumbled hard. Handles like a dream though!

Great lookers? Maybe the chic driving it! Since mainly all I see driving them are girls. I destroyed a GTS when i was in stock trim. Now that I have mods I don't want to waste the gas on one that isnt modded.

Man they are chick car! A guy on newcelica.org stated that 80% of the owners are chicks!
    They really feel that they are super fast too. To me they are SI/eclipse competition, not wrx's.

they do have good looks if done right.........they respond very well to N/A bolt on's and many owners dont have a problem getting 220WHP out of them.... but in stock trim i used to take them out when my wrx was stock.
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

Quote Originally Posted by WRXskeet
    they do have good looks if done right.........they respond very well to N/A bolt on's and many owners dont have a problem getting 220WHP out of them.... but in stock trim i used to take them out when my wrx was stock.
    All day long.....

A Celica is a chic's car just like a VW Bettle and a Rsx. LOL

What's with these celica dudes? I raced one a few days ago wasted it hard from a wacky roll from 60-100mph like 7-8 car or so, and they get so mad about it all. I had to conceed from the post just because it was getting too wack. But some of them really think the celi gts is a beast. I don't get it. Maybe to a SI, or a RSX. I mean they seem to think that mod for mod a celi has a chance. Well the guy I raced sure doesn't.

It depends on your term of beast. the RSX-S and GT-S will run right next to a wrx from a roll and pass it at around 100mph.. obviously from a dig its a different story, but you should still give credit where credit is due. also, cars such as rsx-s and gts are that bad for what they are and they may not be a "beast" by your standards, but they are still quick cars, infact they are quick enough to run with and pass up a wrx at high speeds. Not to mention that some EM,intake,header,exhaust, will have both cars in the VERY low 14's and with good tires in the high 13's on occasion.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

LOL @ dudes driving celicas.

All the noise they make with there intakes and mufflers, makes them think there car is fast. When it comes down to it, unless they are turbo, I don't even pay attention.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    LOL @ dudes driving celicas.
    My buddy actually had a really nice one. No fancy wing or body kit. just that cool dark blue color with gold volks and a nice drop. Very subtle and classy, but looks incredibly good, especially for a Celica GTS... and his car also runs 13's N/A and traps at like 106mph
    Just call me Clark Kent

Stock they run mid 15s. What did your friend do to hit 13s @106?, that's impressive if true.

http://www.import-heaven.net/specs_t...lica_gts.shtml
    Last edited by garrettjj; 01-27-2005 at 06:28 PM.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj
    Stock they run mid 15s. What did your friend do to hit 13s @106?, that's impressive if true.

sold it and bought another car?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    sold it and bought another car?
    2004 Sedan Stage IV (w/ .5L envy) >>> Stripped & Sold!
    2007 Wagon Stock >>> Soon to be traded in for an 08 STI

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    It depends on your term of beast. the RSX-S and GT-S will run right next to a wrx from a roll and pass it at around 100mph.. obviously from a dig its a different story, but you should still give credit where credit is due. also, cars such as rsx-s and gts are that bad for what they are and they may not be a "beast" by your standards, but they are still quick cars, infact they are quick enough to run with and pass up a wrx at high speeds. Not to mention that some EM,intake,header,exhaust, will have both cars in the VERY low 14's and with good tires in the high 13's on occasion.
    So youre saying stock for stock, from lets say a 20-115 mph roll the GTS will pass a WRX, considering equal drivers? Ive read GTS's trap around 91-92 stock and WRXs are more like 93-94. Sure they are close, but neither should pull on the other...with maybe the wrx getting a couple cars to 115. The WRX has much more usable power and torque throughout the powerband as well as a decent amount more in sheer numbers. The rsx and celica are both torqueless wonders, with their peak power (emphasis on peaking)reaching past 7000 rpms. A turbo, even one was lacking as the stock wrx turbo, will definately breath more life into the engine than the celicas VVTi and the rsx's vtec, no? What seems to make these other cars competitive with the rex from a roll is their weight advantage, I give props there.
    In the real world of course we cant follow numbers, a very good driver in a celica can trounce on a sucky/ok driver in a wrx. But more often than not, I see the wrx being ahead in any area of performance over the celica or rsx.
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWRX
    So youre saying stock for stock, from lets say a 20-115 mph roll the GTS will pass a WRX, considering equal drivers? Ive read GTS's trap around 91-92 stock and WRXs are more like 93-94. Sure they are close, but neither should pull on the other...with maybe the wrx getting a couple cars to 115. The WRX has much more usable power and torque throughout the powerband as well as a decent amount more in sheer numbers. The rsx and celica are both torqueless wonders, with their peak power (emphasis on peaking)reaching past 7000 rpms. A turbo, even one was lacking as the stock wrx turbo, will definately breath more life into the engine than the celicas VVTi and the rsx's vtec, no? What seems to make these other cars competitive with the rex from a roll is their weight advantage, I give props there.
    In the real world of course we cant follow numbers, a very good driver in a celica can trounce on a sucky/ok driver in a wrx. But more often than not, I see the wrx being ahead in any area of performance over the celica or rsx.
    People that run mid 15's with a GTS cannot properly drive it. Its a high reving motor that needs someone to know how to drive it. why do you think TypeR's were getting low 15's in mags but than all the sudden enthusiests got ahold of it and were running 14.7-14.8's all day long. same with the RSX-S and integra GSR, and the GTS. An experienced and aquainted GTS driver should have no problem pulling off 14.8-15.0 in decent conditions. Many run solid mid 14's with intake and catback. Also, with a driver who can drive it, they tend to trap around 94mph or so when driven properly.. this is right where a wrx is, and by 100mph the WRX is running out of breath (atleast the turbo is) and the celica is just getting started. Its the same exact thing with an RSX-S as well, though the rsx is a bit faster... also, its similar with the typeR but the typeR having the bigger advantage over the GTS.
    check out the celica forums, you will see that good drivers do not have much trouble running 14.8-15.1 @ 94mph or so.

Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj

I dont know his full setup. heres what I know off hand. intake, header, intake manifold, catback, engine managment, pulleys, a little weight reduction and sticky tires. Generally he is more in the lower 14's but he did break into very high 13's.

*edit* you know, now that I think of it, that trap might not have been 106mph. I think that was a guy with a turbo GSR that went to the track with him... maybe he was doing 103mph or so.. I will have to double check
    Last edited by DTR rex; 01-27-2005 at 08:31 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast