Cobb 2 v's Celi gts - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobb 2 v's Celi gts within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; celica gts runs like a 15.4-15.6 stock depending on what magazine u read. the new toyota mr2 spyder is quicker ...

celica gts runs like a 15.4-15.6 stock depending on what magazine u read. the new toyota mr2 spyder is quicker with 40 less hp it runs a 15.1. a rsx type s is 15.0. celica gts is not even in the same ring as a wrx sorry. theyre nice looking cars but not as efficient as a vtec motor and hav sloppy shifting. it would take a lot of mods to get the celica gts into the 13s NA especailly since its already got 11:1 compression. ud need more then bolt ons to accomplish that. just my 2 cents

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake
    celica gts runs like a 15.4-15.6 stock depending on what magazine u read. the new toyota mr2 spyder is quicker with 40 less hp it runs a 15.1. a rsx type s is 15.0. celica gts is not even in the same ring as a wrx sorry. theyre nice looking cars but not as efficient as a vtec motor and hav sloppy shifting. it would take a lot of mods to get the celica gts into the 13s NA especailly since its already got 11:1 compression. ud need more then bolt ons to accomplish that. just my 2 cents
    u know i hate these stupid gts vs wrx threads...it will not take that much to get a gts into 13's....and they run 15.1 1/4 mile..people have even pulled off 14.9-15.0 just like people pull of 12.9 with sti's sometimes...the car can get into 13's if its a 02 or older (because those arent drive by wire while 03 and up are and power fc doesnt work with 03 and up gts) all you need are intake headers exhaust + power fc(with good tuning)...my brother loved these cars and still does ..he was close to getting one b4 he got his 05 wrx and he talks to a guy who runs high 13's....guy does 13.7-13.9 range..and his trap varies from 100-103

fawkn stop trolling other sites...its the dumbest thing any car owner can do..we dont drive fawkn ricer cars we drive subarus..last i checked we had some class..thank god for spec cause this forum is turning into fawkn srt forums

heres a video..this guy is local with a very quick celica that runs high 13's that i mentioned..if you want time his car from 20-100 and go do the same with yours and see what happens..you might be in for a surprise (excluding stage 4 wrx's/sti's) ..btw they also pull something like .89 on a skidpad....everybody seems to forget this car only weighs 2500lb and your wrx weighs 3085 sti's weight 3300

http://www.elit3.com/upload.php?file=8600shift.wmv
    Last edited by AwdTurboWrx; 01-29-2005 at 08:59 PM.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

i hate these threads 2. just puttin in my 2 cents ive never seen a NA celica run anything impressive and intake, header, exhaust and tuning would maybe get that car 20whp. im done sorry i said anything

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake
    i hate these threads 2. just puttin in my 2 cents ive never seen a NA celica run anything impressive and intake, header, exhaust and tuning would maybe get that car 20whp. im done sorry i said anything
    watch that video than go time your car doing the exact same thing and see what happens.see who's faster....that's all i ask...i just hate how this forum is turning so childish..remember when people used to call BS on every damn wrx kill because they were miseducated about the car and didnt know anything yet talked sh!t for no reason..well that's what people are doing to other cars..i'm not talking about you particularly.....just whole forum in general..pluse a couple of stupid celica gts vs wrx threads

I believe catless headers on the rsx type-s gives gains of around 20whp. If you don't believe me go reed clubrsx dynos.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    I believe catless headers on the rsx type-s gives gains of around 20whp. If you don't believe me go reed clubrsx dynos.
    if this was directed towards me. i believe u a rsx type s is a completely different car with a different engine layout. the toda race headers for it replace the stock header and cat to connect directly to the exhaust. props to a 13 sec NA celica. i just hav opinions about NA cars cause i used to hav a high compression civic w/ a b16 motor swap. not tryin to tick any1 off.

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    I hope by bolt ons you mean turbo/superchargers? Otherwise we are talking 7-8 hp. Hondas and toyotas can even lose hp with headers. Those engines are pretty much maxed out out the box.
    I don't want to get too involved in this pissing context, but the 2.0 litre NA RSX-S can pick up upwards of 80whp NA. There are a few NA RSX's in the low 13s and even 12s. Cams, headwork, ECU reflashes, race header, CAI, exhaust, etc...

Obviously, mod for mod against a FI car its no contest and obviously you can get the WRX some faster times for a lot less money. Its no contest. WRX wins hands down.

But I think you ought to stick to the WRX in terms of what you say you "know" because its quite evident that you don't know a whole lot about the RSX-S or the GTS.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

There's a guy running around on base with a turbo GTS. How fast are the turbo ones?
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    sold it and bought another car?

2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe
    There's a guy running around on base with a turbo GTS. How fast are the turbo ones?

theresa vid of one running on a puny vw turbo doing 12's spinning his slicks all the way down the track, and guess what, that's with around 270whp and a stripped gts which weights like 2200 stripped. He also traps over 110mph, but of course every turbokit is different.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey
    I don't want to get too involved in this pissing context, but the 2.0 litre NA RSX-S can pick up upwards of 80whp NA. There are a few NA RSX's in the low 13s and even 12s. Cams, headwork, ECU reflashes, race header, CAI, exhaust, etc...

Obviously, mod for mod against a FI car its no contest and obviously you can get the WRX some faster times for a lot less money. Its no contest. WRX wins hands down.

But I think you ought to stick to the WRX in terms of what you say you "know" because its quite evident that you don't know a whole lot about the RSX-S or the GTS.

nicely put

RSX-S a girls car????

the rsx-s is not a girls car. maybe the regular rsx. but the type-s is a great car. what makes is a girls car? my brother has one with Tsudo cat-back, injen cia (at v-tec gains 15whp) and a 75shot ZEX. On stock tires the car pulled a 14.28@104.6 if you ask me thats a pretty good time. the celica is a girls car its not even tuned right, its gearing is horrible, however the RSX-S is "race-tuned" its not an Econocar.

Quote Originally Posted by caucaznSTi
    the rsx-s is not a girls car. maybe the regular rsx. but the type-s is a great car. what makes is a girls car? my brother has one with Tsudo cat-back, injen cia (at v-tec gains 15whp) and a 75shot ZEX. On stock tires the car pulled a 14.28@104.6 if you ask me thats a pretty good time. the celica is a girls car its not even tuned right, its gearing is horrible, however the RSX-S is "race-tuned" its not an Econocar.
    Thats a good trap, but not an impressive ET, guess thats cause of the tires.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Thats a good trap, but not an impressive ET, guess thats cause of the tires.

yeah, the driver just cant launch right, its difficult with fwd, were just lucky with awd.well not lucky, we bought what we bought for a reason

elohdaeh78 ....

the rsx-s is horrible with its wanna-be touring tires (Michelin pilots) the zex activates when you have WOT. when launching you have to fether the throttle and give it about a 2.5 rpm drop then around 20mph you floor it the tires screech then it hits V-tec around 25-30mph and the tires loose traction(not to mention wheel hop). then shifting to 2nd gear it does about a 2sec burnout. the rsx is insane when it hits V-tec. you should test drive one sometime. when you go past 5600rpm the v-tec kicks in and it sounds like a race car and throws you in your seat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.