Cobb 2 v's Celi gts - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobb 2 v's Celi gts within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BrandonWRX I dont think its fishy so to speak . Its just that with NA bolt ons ...

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWRX
    I dont think its fishy so to speak . Its just that with NA bolt ons the celica gains 10-12 mph in the trap speed. At 1.8L and 180 hp, it seems it has already been tuned aggressively in order to get the benchmark 100hp/liter. With all those mods you listed, I dont see it having any more that 220 crank hp, and that is being liberal. That isnt nearly enough power to trap what you say it does. So youre saying it would trap close to a z28 with an LS1 in it? wow. Has your friend ran at the track, with time slips? Im just curious, Im not trying to antagonize haha. This would mean the celica gets much more credit than I give it.
    its not 10-12 its more like 7-8

but like I said, i have to double check on that exact number. I thought it was 106 but I think I mixed up numbers because he also went with a turbo GSR and I believe the gsr was the one that trapped 106.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AsianWRX
    The GT-S has a mad top end yo! I've even heard stories of them stomping on SRT-4 and Cobras! Sure, you might get some distance from the launch, but that wannabe vtec will kick your butt once it kicks in yo!

Ahahhahahahaha!!!!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    its not 10-12 its more like 7-8

but like I said, i have to double check on that exact number. I thought it was 106 but I think I mixed up numbers because he also went with a turbo GSR and I believe the gsr was the one that trapped 106.
    I hope by bolt ons you mean turbo/superchargers? Otherwise we are talking 7-8 hp. Hondas and toyotas can even lose hp with headers. Those engines are pretty much maxed out out the box.

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    I hope by bolt ons you mean turbo/superchargers? Otherwise we are talking 7-8 hp. Hondas and toyotas can even lose hp with headers. Those engines are pretty much maxed out out the box.
    your an idiot man. I am generally the one to say something like that, but with all the incorrect and half-assed info you have given around here, not to mention that I saw that thread you posted at newcelica.org (you went in there trolling and saying you beat celica really badly.. then when they started to question it and tell you to leave you started telling them its not your fault they have slow cars)... You are nothing but a troll who goes around spreading wrong info looking for an opertunity to inflate your ego.
    go browse some threads at clubrsx or something and see what exhaust bolt on's and hondata does for the type S... yep, those engines are really maxed out they only pick up 7hp from all their bolt on's..
    Just call me Clark Kent

sorry double post
    Last edited by Phat04WRX; 01-28-2005 at 04:16 PM.

i know when i see a GT i get that "don't you dare" attitude, but when i know it's a GTS i hover around 4k... just in case. I have driven both and i gotta tell you i wouldn't back down from one at over 100mph i just feel like my car can pull away before 100 and keep him at bay over 100. (all this at a track of course )

your an idiot man. I am generally the one to say something like that, but with all the incorrect and half-assed info you have given around here, not to mention that I saw that thread you posted at newcelica.org (you went in there trolling and saying you beat celica really badly.. then when they started to question it and tell you to leave you started telling them its not your fault they have slow cars)... You are nothing but a troll who goes around spreading wrong info looking for an opertunity to inflate your ego.
    go browse some threads at clubrsx or something and see what exhaust bolt on's and hondata does for the type S... yep, those engines are really maxed out they only pick up 7hp from all their bolt on's..
    Yep I got Troll happy on that site and enjoyed every minute of it! Nobody said anything about Hondata Duhhh of course it adds hp, so does a pfc, but so does a cobb stg 2 reflash. Mod for mod no real contest. As far as an exhaust though they don't do s&^t on a NA 1.8-2.0 liter tiny powerband car alone. I'm sorry I'm not as intellegent as you "idiot".
    Turbo mag did an article on headers for several vehicles like the rsx,si celi gts, and several of the headers made less power than the oem uints did, and the others seemed to average gains at best of 3hp if anything. With an exhaust system of a small displacement NA engine you really need to scavenge your cylinders on order to maintain an optimum volumetric efficiency which is usually around so 78-80% If your exhaust is too big in this situation, you lose the well established scavaging backpressure effect of the oem's research which in turn chokes the engine as the rpms rise.
    I had fun with those guys on that forum, too bad I hurt their feelings so bad they banned me.
    Celi's are cute cars, my wife loves them, but there are so many other cars that can regularly hand then there asses (Caddilac cts automatics, to 02+ Eclipses) that I can see why they are so insecure. I'd be pissed too if I paid 25k for one.

Yep I got Troll happy on that site and enjoyed every minute of it! Nobody said anything about Hondata Duhhh of course it adds hp, so does a pfc, but so does a cobb stg 2 reflash. Mod for mod no real contest. As far as an exhaust though they don't do s&^t on a NA 1.8-2.0 liter tiny powerband car alone. I'm sorry I'm not as intellegent as you "idiot".
    Turbo mag did an article on headers for several vehicles like the rsx,si celi gts, and several of the headers made less power than the oem uints did, and the others seemed to average gains at best of 3hp if anything. With an exhaust system of a small displacement NA engine you really need to scavenge your cylinders on order to maintain an optimum volumetric efficiency which is usually around so 78-80% If your exhaust is too big in this situation, you lose the well established scavaging backpressure effect of the oem's research which in turn chokes the engine as the rpms rise.
    I had fun with those guys on that forum, too bad I hurt their feelings so bad they banned me.
    Celi's are cute cars, my wife loves them, but there are so many other cars that can regularly hand then there asses (Caddilac cts automatics, to 02+ Eclipses) that I can see why they are so insecure. I'd be pissed too if I paid 25k for one.
    1) Your a married man with kids. Stop going to other sites and starting crap. You are giving all of us subaru owners a bad name. Being a car enthusiest means having respect for what a car has to offer and giving credit where credit is due. both rsx-s, gst, etc.. have many things that deserve a notation of credit.

2) you are seriously changing your story around man. I posted the mods for my friend and you said that it would barely add 7hp. Yet then you talk about hondata making power
    hes running basic bolt on's with IM/pulley/and engine managment. You should seriously get your facts straight before you posts meaningless crap. Celica's are not blazing fast cars, we get it, but to steal credit away and make out to seem like a ford pinto is rediculous.

3) I never said the wrx was not faster.. infact I noted several times that the wrx was far faster from a dig and mod for mod. but come on man... you drive a stageII rex, its not a freaking drag car or anything. If you cant learn to find credit where credit is due with most cars then you are not a real enthusiest. You are no better than the redneck mustang lovers that say our cars suck just because its a 4cylinder.

my intention is not to put you down and make personal attacks, but more so to enlighten you on the aspect of being a REAL enthusiest and not being so judgemental, particularly when you spread a plethra of false info in this thread.
    dont take it personally, but just keep an open mind at my advice, and once again, please refrain from going to other sites just to post kill stories when you know the opposing reaction will generally be a negative on. I am sure you would flame too if a GTS guy with bolt on's registered at this site for the sole reason of telling us he beat a stock rex on the highway.
    Just call me Clark Kent

1) Your a married man with kids. Stop going to other sites and starting crap. You are giving all of us subaru owners a bad name. Being a car enthusiest means having respect for what a car has to offer and giving credit where credit is due. both rsx-s, gst, etc.. have many things that deserve a notation of credit.

2) you are seriously changing your story around man. I posted the mods for my friend and you said that it would barely add 7hp. Yet then you talk about hondata making power
    hes running basic bolt on's with IM/pulley/and engine managment. You should seriously get your facts straight before you posts meaningless crap. Celica's are not blazing fast cars, we get it, but to steal credit away and make out to seem like a ford pinto is rediculous.

3) I never said the wrx was not faster.. infact I noted several times that the wrx was far faster from a dig and mod for mod. but come on man... you drive a stageII rex, its not a freaking drag car or anything. If you cant learn to find credit where credit is due with most cars then you are not a real enthusiest. You are no better than the redneck mustang lovers that say our cars suck just because its a 4cylinder.

my intention is not to put you down and make personal attacks, but more so to enlighten you on the aspect of being a REAL enthusiest and not being so judgemental, particularly when you spread a plethra of false info in this thread.
    dont take it personally, but just keep an open mind at my advice, and once again, please refrain from going to other sites just to post kill stories when you know the opposing reaction will generally be a negative on. I am sure you would flame too if a GTS guy with bolt on's registered at this site for the sole reason of telling us he beat a stock rex on the highway.
    Dude go get some sleep you sound tired, It just ain't that serious.
    Chill out.

I Support ClubWRX
    I like posts like the one above. No name calling, saying what you think, and being intelligent about it to boot. TBH though, I'm not sure what being married has to do with someone trolling on an automotive website. It's not like they are endangering their marriage or something. Good post though.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    I like posts like the one above. No name calling, saying what you think, and being intelligent about it to boot. TBH though, I'm not sure what being married has to do with someone trolling on an automotive website. It's not like they are endangering their marriage or something. Good post though.
    U know? That's why he sounds like he ain't thinking straight or something....
    He might be trying to link another totally unrelated thread to this one. Too fragmented though, leave it alone.
    Oh by the way Smallville Rules!!!!

U know? That's why he sounds like he ain't thinking straight or something....
    He might be trying to link another totally unrelated thread to this one. Too fragmented though, leave it alone.
    Oh by the way Smallville Rules!!!!
    lol, I urge you to find the fallacies or "fragments" of my previous post.

yes, smallville rules to the maximus!!

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    haha, no, trolling has no affect on his marriage. BUT, one would generally assume that someone with kids and a wife would be demonstrate more maturity than to go to a random site and troll... Trolls tend to be ego inflated and/or misinformed younger people... (not a shot a younger people, I am 19 myself).
    Just call me Clark Kent

lol, I urge you to find the fallacies or "fragments" of my previous post.

yes, smallville rules to the maximus!!

haha, no, trolling has no affect on his marriage. BUT, one would generally assume that someone with kids and a wife would be demonstrate more maturity than to go to a random site and troll... Trolls tend to be ego inflated and/or misinformed younger people... (not a shot a younger people, I am 19 myself).
    Nope, your wrong, I'm married not dead. I have more fun now than when I was single. Life is good. My granddad is 90 years old and teases his ass off. It's just what we do in my family. Keeps us alive. You could learn a thing or two about that. You seem too uptight. I know I'm right and I have a health 90 year old grandaddy to prove it!
    P.S. Dude your only 19! RELAX and enjoy life, because it's too short not to.

Nope, your wrong, I'm married not dead. I have more fun now than when I was single. Life is good. My granddad is 90 years old and teases his ass off. It's just what we do in my family. Keeps us alive. You could learn a thing or two about that. You seem too uptight. I know I'm right and I have a health 90 year old grandaddy to prove it!
    P.S. Dude your only 19! RELAX and enjoy life, because it's too short not to.
    You dont even have slightest clue of who I am and what I am about. I just dont enjoy people going around spreading false info and trolling while giving other subaru owners a bad name...

that is all.

I am done.
    Just call me Clark Kent

back on topic Don't cavaliers run 1/4's quicker than the gts?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast