Cobb 2 v's Celi gts - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Cobb 2 v's Celi gts within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex People that run mid 15's with a GTS cannot properly drive it. Its a high ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    People that run mid 15's with a GTS cannot properly drive it. Its a high reving motor that needs someone to know how to drive it. why do you think TypeR's were getting low 15's in mags but than all the sudden enthusiests got ahold of it and were running 14.7-14.8's all day long. same with the RSX-S and integra GSR, and the GTS. An experienced and aquainted GTS driver should have no problem pulling off 14.8-15.0 in decent conditions. Many run solid mid 14's with intake and catback. Also, with a driver who can drive it, they tend to trap around 94mph or so when driven properly.. this is right where a wrx is, and by 100mph the WRX is running out of breath (atleast the turbo is) and the celica is just getting started. Its the same exact thing with an RSX-S as well, though the rsx is a bit faster... also, its similar with the typeR but the typeR having the bigger advantage over the GTS.
    check out the celica forums, you will see that good drivers do not have much trouble running 14.8-15.1 @ 94mph or so.

I dont know his full setup. heres what I know off hand. intake, header, intake manifold, catback, engine managment, pulleys, a little weight reduction and sticky tires. Generally he is more in the lower 14's but he did break into very high 13's.

*edit* you know, now that I think of it, that trap might not have been 106mph. I think that was a guy with a turbo GSR that went to the track with him... maybe he was doing 103mph or so.. I will have to double check
    Mod for mod that thing would be toasted with change to spare.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    All the noise they make with there intakes and mufflers, makes them think there car is fast. When it comes down to it, unless they are turbo, I don't even pay attention.
    + 1

I Support ClubWRX
    People that run mid 15's with a GTS cannot properly drive it. Its a high reving motor that needs someone to know how to drive it. why do you think TypeR's were getting low 15's in mags but than all the sudden enthusiests got ahold of it and were running 14.7-14.8's all day long. same with the RSX-S and integra GSR, and the GTS. An experienced and aquainted GTS driver should have no problem pulling off 14.8-15.0 in decent conditions. Many run solid mid 14's with intake and catback. Also, with a driver who can drive it, they tend to trap around 94mph or so when driven properly.. this is right where a wrx is, and by 100mph the WRX is running out of breath (atleast the turbo is) and the celica is just getting started. Its the same exact thing with an RSX-S as well, though the rsx is a bit faster... also, its similar with the typeR but the typeR having the bigger advantage over the GTS.
    check out the celica forums, you will see that good drivers do not have much trouble running 14.8-15.1 @ 94mph or so.

I dont know his full setup. heres what I know off hand. intake, header, intake manifold, catback, engine managment, pulleys, a little weight reduction and sticky tires. Generally he is more in the lower 14's but he did break into very high 13's.

*edit* you know, now that I think of it, that trap might not have been 106mph. I think that was a guy with a turbo GSR that went to the track with him... maybe he was doing 103mph or so.. I will have to double check
    There is some truth in the matter. I continue to get disbelief from other car owners about running a 12.9@104 when all the rags get 13.3-13.5. The best first mod is ALWAYS the driver.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    There is some truth in the matter. I continue to get disbelief from other car owners about running a 12.9@104 when all the rags get 13.3-13.5. The best first mod is ALWAYS the driver.
    Did you ever drag race a wrx? If so what did you manage to get, i would bet you would be the one to get that 14.1.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

I Support ClubWRX
    Hehe...for the short time that I owned a WRX before the STi came out, I managed a best of 14.19. So yep...I was darned close. NOT good on the tranny for the WRX though.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Hehe...for the short time that I owned a WRX before the STi came out, I managed a best of 14.19. So yep...I was darned close. NOT good on the tranny for the WRX though.
    Damn u have skills...
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Nice time
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks guys...but don't be discouraged. I've been racing since I was 14...that was 28 years ago. It wasn't until I had put down at least 100 runs that I started feeling confident in my abilities. The STi took 4 runs to get that time. My first one down the track was a 13.4.
    Point is though, as the poster said, don't believe everything you see in the rags. Some folks will get better times out of a car, regardless of what the magazine drivers say.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Man I feel sooo guilty. I trolled so hard at newcelica.org it's a shame.
    If you want to check it out go to it under racing stories "stg2 v's celi"; you can't miss it.
    WARNING: material my be too harsh for the over-sensitive.

I think its very dependent upon the car how difficult it is to drive. For instance (except car and driver) most mags get 14.3-14.6 with a WRX. This is because its a pretty difficult car to drive and launch if you do not have a decent amount of experience. Get it into a good enthusiests hands (like yourself) and it will run very very low 14's.
    also, most mags were getting 13.6-13.7 with the WS6... Then you give it some owners who have experience and its not uncommon at all to see people averaging 13.2-13.5
    The more you drive your car, the more firmiliar you become and you learn its weak points, and strong points. This aspect is ESPECIALLY prevalent in high/quick reving cars like the RSX-S, GTS, GSR, Type R.

I dunno, to the other idiots above that say they dont give those cars the time of day in a race: Thats pretty stupid. Mod for mod the wrx is faster ofcouse, and from a dig the wrx is faster as well, but from a roll each one of those cars will run right next to you at higher speeds and some will pass you once speeds reach 90-110mph. Dont be quick to judge, they may not have the modability or the torque, but they are n/a low torque 4cylinders that are competing with your turbo 4 at high speeds and in some cases beating it over 100mph.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Ok all the other stuff you said seems fair and logical, but with all NA bolt ons and such it traps the same as an STi? low 14s seems kinda slow for a trap speed of 103-106, he should be running low-mid 13s no? Especially with the stickier tires, he will get lower 60' times. Theres something Im not getting here..
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWRX
    Ok all the other stuff you said seems fair and logical, but with all NA bolt ons and such it traps the same as an STi? low 14s seems kinda slow for a trap speed of 103-106, he should be running low-mid 13s no? Especially with the stickier tires, he will get lower 60' times. Theres something Im not getting here..
    Word, something smells fishy....

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWRX
    The car has good top end and then therefore gets trap speeds that are comprable to a car that should be running faster 1/4mile times
    for example. RSX-S runs the 1/4 in 14.8 and traps at 94mph ------ WRX runs the 1/4 in in 14.2 and traps at 94mph. STi runs the 1/4 in 13.2 and traps at 103mph ------ Z28 will run the 1/4 in 13.7 but trap at 106mph. G35c will run the 1/4 in 14.1 but trap at 101 mph.

lol, I dont understand whats so "fishy" about it.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

The GT-S has a mad top end yo! I've even heard stories of them stomping on SRT-4 and Cobras! Sure, you might get some distance from the launch, but that wannabe vtec will kick your butt once it kicks in yo!
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

The car has good top end and then therefore gets trap speeds that are comprable to a car that should be running faster 1/4mile times
    for example. RSX-S runs the 1/4 in 14.8 and traps at 94mph ------ WRX runs the 1/4 in in 14.2 and traps at 94mph. STi runs the 1/4 in 13.2 and traps at 103mph ------ Z28 will run the 1/4 in 13.7 but trap at 106mph. G35c will run the 1/4 in 14.1 but trap at 101 mph.

lol, I dont understand whats so "fishy" about it.

I dont think its fishy so to speak . Its just that with NA bolt ons the celica gains 10-12 mph in the trap speed. At 1.8L and 180 hp, it seems it has already been tuned aggressively in order to get the benchmark 100hp/liter. With all those mods you listed, I dont see it having any more that 220 crank hp, and that is being liberal. That isnt nearly enough power to trap what you say it does. So youre saying it would trap close to a z28 with an LS1 in it? wow. Has your friend ran at the track, with time slips? Im just curious, Im not trying to antagonize haha. This would mean the celica gets much more credit than I give it.
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast