Me vs. Forrester XT!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Me vs. Forrester XT! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The Forrester was a manual trans and me (auto). I'm only running 10 psi right now until I get dyno ...

WRX

Me vs. Forrester XT!

The Forrester was a manual trans and me (auto). I'm only running 10 psi right now until I get dyno tuned.

I was cruising to the local Taco Bell in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway, when I peaked in my mirror to see who was driving spiritedly beind me on my right. It was a new black forrester XT. As chance put it, we got lined up at a red light next to each other. I really didn't think the guy would go because he didn't look over or didn't look too anxious. But sure enough, he took off when the light turned green. I quickly mashed the pedal and before my turbo spooled, he had just over a car length on me. But once I got spooled, I shot past him and slapped 2+ cars on him up to 75. Then I shut down because I didn't want to go too fast on public roads. But he was cool, at the next light he gave a thumbs up and we went on our ways.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I raced one when I was bone stock. We went from a dead stop. I had 3-4 cars on him by 100mph. They have like 210hp? De-tuned Sti engine I think.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

wait till i get mine!!
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    I raced one when I was bone stock. We went from a dead stop. I had 3-4 cars on him by 100mph. They have like 210hp? De-tuned Sti engine I think.
    well I thought the XT was faster in the 1/4 mile than the wrx marginally, no?
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

don't they clock a best of around 14.1-14.4... I dunno but i could be wrong. Guys here took it to the track and hit 14.2 as a best. most times were around14.9 and above.

WRX
    I heard somewhere that they bested at 13.9. Oh well.

I can't wait until I'm tuned.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX
    I heard somewhere that they bested at 13.9. Oh well.

I can't wait until I'm tuned.
    you are correct on the time. it is a little faster than a stock wrx.
    Yea tru love we can find ourselves
    I call our true identies
    Love ya brudda love ya sista
    Love everyone...the univeral sign
    Ill take it from here

car and driver got a 13.8

Quote Originally Posted by WRX
    well I thought the XT was faster in the 1/4 mile than the wrx marginally, no?

from the sound of it, he didn't launch the car. He probably did the "take-off normally, then floor it once clutch starts grabbing."

I do that all the time

There are a few people on the forester forum that dipped into the 13s stock. Well the auto is slow i saw a guy do 15s flat but heard of people doing mid 14s with auto. Basiclly slightly faster then the rex. I think equal driver MT vs MT the forester should pull a little. I dont know about auto maybe AT vs AT would be even.

Dont forget They are rated 210 hp but are closer to 230. This has been dyno proven, they dyno more then the Wrx. Oh and they have more torque. Not bad for an SUV
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnWRX
    from the sound of it, he didn't launch the car. He probably did the "take-off normally, then floor it once clutch starts grabbing."

I do that all the time

yeah, I bet that's what he did. I didn't see him lunge forward like with a full out launch.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

THe Forester XT is the second fastest SUV in the country, right behind the porche cayenne

forester XT is faster than a WRX... not because its the second fastest SUV in the country, but because it just is.
    Straightaways are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers...

Quote Originally Posted by EVOVIII
    You are going to try to drag race people with a V6 Mustang? Dude, get the GT please, dont embarrass yourself.

Since we are talking about the XT already i will mention that the Forester XT is Car and drivers 5 best truck award for the second year in a row.

The XT in automatic is not the second the fastest. You have lexus RX400, infinity FX 35, Porsche and some others,
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by audirs6
    Since we are talking about the XT already i will mention that the Forester XT is Car and drivers 5 best truck award for the second year in a row.

The XT in automatic is not the second the fastest. You have lexus RX400, infinity FX 35, Porsche and some others,
    oh, i meant to say a manual XT... oops sry about that

and i also meant bone stock
    Straightaways are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers...

Quote Originally Posted by EVOVIII
    You are going to try to drag race people with a V6 Mustang? Dude, get the GT please, dont embarrass yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertbert2oo6
    THe Forester XT is the second fastest SUV in the country, right behind the porche cayenne

forester XT is faster than a WRX... not because its the second fastest SUV in the country, but because it just is.
    i heard that too but what about the amg mercedes and the typhoon?
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.