subby vs rx8

This is a discussion on subby vs rx8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving home from denver and there was an rx8 behind me on one of the back highways and ...

Legacy vs rx8

I was driving home from denver and there was an rx8 behind me on one of the back highways and then the road changed into a two lane. We went at it and he couldn't keep up until about 125 where my car topped out because i can't push the pedal in all the way because i get a fuel cut at wot in fifth gear. Definately time to get some new injectors to feed the 16G and get the car tuned. Oh, i forgot to mention, the race was from about 60mph where i was in fifth gear because the three-four shift fork is broken. It was a good race and I was kinda suprised how hard he passed me after i topped out.
    Last edited by Damien83; 01-27-2005 at 10:51 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Those rx8's are slick lookin cars...... especially in rear view mirrors. They're slugs stock off the shelf. I raced one when my wagon just had an intake, BOV, boost control, and an mid pipe back exhaust, blew him off the line and pulled til I let off at 65mph. It was an older guy with his buddy. Dude must have just bought the car (still had dealer plates), he came up to the same light I was sitting at, then gave me the ol ricer laugh at the ol wagon. Once the light turned green he wasn't laughing anymore, he had that kicked in the balls look on his face when I launched at over 5k. He probably had his ebrake on or something. Now that I'm stage 2 I wanna have my hand at some z350's and s2k's.
    TINA..... come eat your ham!!!

04 white wrx wagon stage 2.5

I'm thinking of upgrading from my 16G to the garrett t3/t4 now. It's always more money and the need to go faster.