EVO vs 03 Mustang COBRA!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on EVO vs 03 Mustang COBRA!!!!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, the car I wanted to beat so bad as finally happened. This weekend I was in Belair, MD to ...

EVO vs 03 Mustang COBRA!!!!!!

Well, the car I wanted to beat so bad as finally happened. This weekend I was in Belair, MD to see my girlfriend on friday night, when I get off the exit and jet on up to the first redlight when I notice a stang is in the far left lane i'm in the far right and a car was in between us. Not getting to chat because of the car in the middle when it turned green I ease out to see if he's going to gun it. Sure enough I hear the whine but I already had him baited as I just waited and sat in boost waiting for him to jump. He jumps as do I and the race is off to a great start however dear god I love 1st, 2nd, and the almight 3rd gear in the EVO. Which each of the first 3 gears that passed I just left him setting still it seemed. And to add a little insult to injury I shut her down way into the triples with a good 3+ cars or more. I start slowing down and get a huge ricer flybye which makes me die laughing. However the guy slows down and starts pacing me again. However I have to back up at the light the mustangs pax was eyeing my car like your dead. This time as he's pacing me he's biting his finger nails looking pretty skeerd. But, i'm no fool and know the stang is a great car up top so I back him down to 25 / 30mph which is great for the EVO in 2nd cause I can use both of my really long gears and just keep the boost right on tap. This time was no different and the guy missed a gear however I was not about to give any mercy and again just layed a massive butt kicking. However this time no ricer flybye, because I was so waiting for it. All I get this time is a stang that rides my bumper and jumps off to the left at the first light. I try to give him a thumbs up but both of them where not looking so oh well. The stang had an exhaust and it sounded great however the EVO has not let me down yet and I simply love this car. I kiss the steering wheel everytime after a great kill

EVO - 3
    Stangs - 0

333AWHP since then added exhaust manifold and buschur racing intercooler piping so its more than likely 350AWHP

Staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

kill after kill with you.

congrats!
    what?

fre
    Interesting that you beat him. Good kill. Had to be stock. I really want to run one at the track. Have you run at the track and if so what do you trap?
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by fre
    Interesting that you beat him. Good kill. Had to be stock. I really want to run one at the track. Have you run at the track and if so what do you trap?
    ^^^
    FS: 02 WRX with JDM V7 RA-C

no I didnt have a chance to hit the track this year in the EVO before they closed. I got to go twice in the WRX and did awful I was ashamed of my times being it was a STG 2 car. I would guess on a good day and assuming I can get the tree correct I can land 12.1's to 12.3's all day long. The EVO is alot easier to launch than the WRX, especially after I added the stainless steel clutch line you can deff tell where its going to engage which helps. But as soon as it warms up I cant wait to take her to the track

Staton
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Good kill bro. I am no fan of Cobra's.

fre
    On this topic I just saw one run at the track and it was a pathetic 13.9. Those things really can't get any traction, because they should be mid 12 to at least high 12s with that power.
    11.1 @ 131

On this topic I just saw one run at the track and it was a pathetic 13.9. Those things really can't get any traction, because they should be mid 12 to at least high 12s with that power.
    From what i have seen and and read, the stock SC Cobra is a low 13 second car or a high 12 second car with a great driver and a perfect run. Most i see run low 13s stock, kid i know ran a 13.3 with his stock, he is now running low 12s with his mods.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

most stock Cobra drivers are running low 13/high 12s.
    add:
    Catback/filter = mid 12's
    drag radials/slicks = low 12's
    pulley/tune = mid/high 11's
    ported blower/throttle body = low 11's
    weight reduction = high 10's

Good kill!
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

Hey Ryan sick car bro. I love the 03-04 cobra's. Bad A$$ car.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Yep

Al is amazing, especially when it comes to Evo's. The man does have a 667awhp evo so that kinda makes sense. On my Sti with just a 2.5 dp with divorced wastegate and ECUtek Al got me 280 awhp and 293lbs 2 wheels, but he said with a few mins on the road car would make even more!
    2004 Wrb Sti- Mildly modded!........pause......pause....."NOT!"

Quote Originally Posted by V8killer2pt5
    Al is amazing, especially when it comes to Evo's. The man does have a 667awhp evo so that kinda makes sense. On my Sti with just a 2.5 dp with divorced wastegate and ECUtek Al got me 280 awhp and 293lbs 2 wheels, but he said with a few mins on the road car would make even more!
    Hey we have to run some time It would be a good run. I will not be at 272whp for long. After this winter full TB exaust, Boost controller and some other toys are going in. I'm looking at 330whp by may.

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by xaton
    no I didnt have a chance to hit the track this year in the EVO before they closed. I got to go twice in the WRX and did awful I was ashamed of my times being it was a STG 2 car. I would guess on a good day and assuming I can get the tree correct I can land 12.1's to 12.3's all day long. The EVO is alot easier to launch than the WRX, especially after I added the stainless steel clutch line you can deff tell where its going to engage which helps. But as soon as it warms up I cant wait to take her to the track

Staton
    Good luck on your runs and don't be dissapointed if you don't hit those 12.1s, because it's not as easy as some of the bench racers at evom.net would like you to believe. According to them every stock turbo car can hit 11s hohoho.
    11.1 @ 131

Good luck on your runs and don't be dissapointed if you don't hit those 12.1s, because it's not as easy as some of the bench racers at evom.net would like you to believe. According to them every stock turbo car can hit 11s hohoho.
    Haha, thanks and I second that. To all the EVO guys I recommend a perrin or ultimate racing test pipe immediatly... Oh my since taking out the highflow cat this week my car seems like awhole new monster.

And if anyone needs any tuning done I highly recommend Al at dynoflash. He tuned my car both times he super friendly and does great work. However now its just easier for me to run up to Turbo Trix and use there dyno.
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Quote Originally Posted by xaton
    Haha, thanks and I second that. To all the EVO guys I recommend a perrin or ultimate racing test pipe immediatly... Oh my since taking out the highflow cat this week my car seems like awhole new monster.

And if anyone needs any tuning done I highly recommend Al at dynoflash. He tuned my car both times he super friendly and does great work. However now its just easier for me to run up to Turbo Trix and use there dyno.
    The car will not pass emission tests?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast