2.5 RS vs MR2 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2.5 RS vs MR2 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by TurboWill Rs with a EJ25 swap you mean an EJ257...

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Rs with a EJ25 swap
    you mean an EJ257
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it really depends on what you are looking for, my roomate drives a 91 MR2 and while it is a great fun car, if you are looking for a DD it may not be the best choice over an RS. They are small so you really can only carry you and a couple of bags, they have synchro problems if you get a pre 93 car, the mileage on them is starting to rack up as the newest one you could get is 10 years old, not the safest all around vehicles if your in an accident or driving in less than pleasant conditions. An RS would give you a bit more space and room, a little more practical, probably less miles on it, and still AWD assurance for the daily grind. If you want an MR2 badly, I would suggest DD the WRX and built the snot out of the MR2 as parts will be going out anyways, might as well upgrade. And they are not cheap for their age.
    I claim no responsibility for unintentional offense.

Hey fellas, thank you all very much for the feedback.

My buddy with a MR2 let me drive it for a bit. Conclusion: The MR2 is out of the picture. There's no way I can have that car without permanent back injury. The car is too small (I'm 6'2) and call me practical, but i need my extra two seats in the back and a for-two-bodies trunk space. It's got a sweet engine with enough mod potential, but I'd rather spend that money on my Subie.

A ' 95 NA Supra is now being offered but for the same price of the 2.5 RS ($10,500)...

I wasn't into Subies before 2001, so here's a dumb question: The EJ257 motor in the 2.5 RS wouldn't be turbocharged by any chance, would it?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by onoitsaWRX; 01-26-2005 at 12:27 PM.
    Gian - '06 Aspen White STi
    My site.

Quote Originally Posted by onoitsaWRX
    Hey fellas, thank you all very much for the feedback.

My buddy with a MR2 let me drive it for a bit. Conclusion: The MR2 is out of the picture. There's no way I can have that car without permanent back injury. The car is too small (I'm 6'2) and call me practical, but i need my extra two seats in the back and a for-two-bodies trunk space. It's got a sweet engine with enough mod potential, but I'd rather spend that money on my Subie.

A ' 95 NA Supra is now being offered but for the same price of the 2.5 RS ($10,500)...

I wasn't into Subies before 2001, so here's a dumb question: The EJ257 motor in the 2.5 RS wouldn't be turbocharged by any chance, would it?

Thanks again!
    Nope, and for what it's worth it isn't as beefy as the STi engine. It's generally not a good platform for turbocharging unless you swap it out for an STi or WRX engine.

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    you mean an EJ257
    What he said
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

I Support ClubWRX
    Keep in mind that the old rs is a good bit lighter than a wrx, so throwing a stock wrx motor in there (which are very cheap used) with a stage 2 type package will build you a very reliable, fast, fun car.
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    Keep in mind that the old rs is a good bit lighter than a wrx, so throwing a stock wrx motor in there (which are very cheap used) with a stage 2 type package will build you a very reliable, fast, fun car.
    Yes i wish I would have done that. Stupid me sold it
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.