Beat a G35 Coupe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Beat a G35 Coupe within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Raced a manual G35 coupe from a stop and beat it. Killed it off the launch and i was always ...

Beat a G35 Coupe

Raced a manual G35 coupe from a stop and beat it. Killed it off the launch and i was always about 10ft ahead of him, he never even started to pull. we ended it at about 90mph, but even at about 80mph+ he wasnt gaining.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice. what mods?
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

im stock! i was surpised i could beat it too. o yea there were 2 different manual g35 coupes that night and they raced each other and were pretty even within a car length.
    Last edited by WRXakaBooSTi; 01-23-2005 at 05:03 PM.

oh, cool. It's a good thing you stopped at 90, otherwise the G35 would have said
    02 WRX - MODS
    Bugeye Mafia > *

earlier that night i raced a turbo 89 supra and it caught up and was on its way to passing me when i was at 85mph+ Luckly we stopped cause there wasnt enough room.

Quote Originally Posted by UURX02
    oh, cool. It's a good thing you stopped at 90, otherwise the G35 would have said
    sooo true i had the bolas to race one from a roll like 3 times 2 days ago im pretty positive about it being stock and i have up/down pipe and we hung right next to each other until i shifted to 4th (which by the way he CHIRPED HIS TIRES GOING INTO 4TH GEAR!!! ) but then he started slowly pulling so always race until 96 mph !!!! that way if you are ahead you will stay there
    Mods: ERZ Up/Down pipe, bosal dual tip cat-back, cobb AP stage II

Quote Originally Posted by WRXakaBooSTi
    Raced a manual G35 coupe from a stop and beat it. Killed it off the launch and i was always about 10ft ahead of him, he never even started to pull. we ended it at about 90mph, but even at about 80mph+ he wasnt gaining.
    The guy in the G35 can't drive. Im not saying that you couldn't beat him, especially since you guys raced from a dig, but if the guy still isn't gaining on you by 80mph then the guy just can't drive or is still breaking in his car and shifting at 4000rpm.
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

yea mabe beacuse im even suprised at the results. but he did race another g35 and they were neck n neck. that means that either both of em couldnt drive or he could infact drive... i duno

Quote Originally Posted by fastwrx135
    The guy in the G35 can't drive. Im not saying that you couldn't beat him, especially since you guys raced from a dig, but if the guy still isn't gaining on you by 80mph then the guy just can't drive or is still breaking in his car and shifting at 4000rpm.
    Well he said he killed him off the launch and then for most of the race the G stayed about 10ft back. I would have though he would pull on you, but who knows, upto 80-90mph both cars are closely matched in the 1/4 but I would say the edge def. goes the G more often than not.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXakaBooSTi
    yea mabe beacuse im even suprised at the results. but he did race another g35 and they were neck n neck. that means that either both of em couldnt drive or he could infact drive... i duno
    Maybe he just had a bad race. Im not trying to take anything away from you but the general consensus is that a G35 should start gaining after 2nd gear. But hey, anything can happen on the street. Good kill

I raced one from a roll last summer and beat it pretty badly in my stock wagon after ~1 month of owning it and not really knowing how to drive a turbo car very well yet. Unimpressed. It did have 19's though. The driver was cool, he followed me back to the parking lot so he could race two of my friends in a an 86 5.0 and a first gen talon (both low 14sec cars) and got worked.
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

Quote Originally Posted by 240kph
    I raced one from a roll last summer and beat it pretty badly in my stock wagon after ~1 month of owning it and not really knowing how to drive a turbo car very well yet. Unimpressed. It did have 19's though. The driver was cool, he followed me back to the parking lot so he could race two of my friends in a an 86 5.0 and a first gen talon (both low 14sec cars) and got worked.
    Well anything can happen on the street. But beating a G35 coupe badly from a roll with a stock wagon seems a little fishy. Stock wrx's trap between 92-94mph while a G35 coupe traps 97-100mph. Thats a pretty decent gap between the two. Maybe the guy couldn't drive or he wasn't trying. In my opinion, there is now way a stock wrx, especially a wagon, BADLY beats a G35c from a roll.

Well anything can happen on the street. But beating a G35 coupe badly from a roll with a stock wagon seems a little fishy. Stock wrx's trap between 92-94mph while a G35 coupe traps 97-100mph. Thats a pretty decent gap between the two. Maybe the guy couldn't drive or he wasn't trying. In my opinion, there is now way a stock wrx, especially a wagon, BADLY beats a G35c from a roll.
    mines a wagon (kinda) and i beat a few g35c 's .... hehe.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

In my opinion, there is now way a stock wrx, especially a wagon, BADLY beats a G35c from a roll.
    First off, wagons have never been proven to be any slower than sedans. The weight difference between the two is about the same as a fat guy driving vs a skinny guy driving. That being said, I've only taken my car to the strip once. That was the last day of it being open last summer and was around the same time as I raced the G35, maybe a couple of weeks later. I only had three runs because it was packed. The best was I think a 14.80 and I had horrible boggy launches not having figured it out yet. I don't remember what my trap speeds were but I'll try to find the slip. I googled quarter mile times for a g35 and they were all between 14.6-14.8 in all the reviews I read. Doesn't sound like a fast car from what I've seen.

About the race. The guy revved me, I nodded, and we rolled into it from ~30. Took it to about 70-75 and I was at least three car lengths ahead so I hit the hazards and slowed down. I rolled down the window, gave the thumbs up and told him I had a couple other races if he wanted. So he followed me back. He was definitely trying. I think it was the track model because it had Brembos and 19's which he said were a factory upgrade. He then raced two of my buddies in a three way race. My friend Eric in an 86 5.0 who at the time ran a best of 14.3 at the track. This other guy we knew with a first gen talon tsi. They both creamed him.

But, like you said, anything can happen on the street.
    - Steve -
    black 05 wagon/shaved emblems/25% tint/no drl/2.2k
    XPT stage 2/no silencer/K&N filter/Vishnu up/Helix dp/Espelir JGT500 catback
    05 STi 6mt/ACT street clutch/STi short shifter/black Prodrive knob/Group N tranny mount/auto ds/3.90 r160
    sedan rear sway/17x7 gold OZ Superleggeras/black stockers

Those 1/4 mile times that you found are not completely accurate. I have an automatic G and ran a 14.6@98mph with summer tires on a 40 degree night. Also keep in mind that i got this time without launching, just mashing the pedal. All night i was in 14.6-14.7 range. Now in more favorable conditions, i know i can get into the 14.4's no problem. There are many stock G35 6spds hitting 14.0-14.2 all day.

Now i know wrx's have the AWD going for them, so from a dig, yes a wrx is very capable of beating a G35. Now from a roll is very different. If you compare both car's trap speeds, that alone should be enough proof. Also, tell me how a wrx that dyno's 165whp can beat a G35c that dynos 230whp from a roll?? Maybe its magic ...And weight of the cars is really not a factor considering there is maybe 250 pounds difference between the two.
    Last edited by fastwrx135; 01-23-2005 at 11:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast