WRX vs 00'+ (stock looking) GTI VR6

This is a discussion on WRX vs 00'+ (stock looking) GTI VR6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was getting on the I5 N when a black, late model GTI gets behind me, not too close so ...

WRX vs 00'+ (stock looking) GTI VR6

I was getting on the I5 N when a black, late model GTI gets behind me, not too close so I didnt think anything of it. We are merging onto the freeway and I'm blocked behind a soccer mom special, GTI guy is following close and I'm thinking he's gonna run. I downshift to third but I decide to be polite and wait until the white line goes away before doing a swoop....then the GTI swoops us both. Little biznatch - as I see the VR6 badge take off. We're merging onto an uphill so I try and use some torque to catch him, he's about 10 cars up ahead and I get to about 90 before I get behind him. I do a semi rice-bye and wait for him about 3 cars ahead to get his attention. Traffic closes up so we change a few lanes while I keep an eye on him because he's starting to move through cars a little quicker. I see an opening up ahead that will fit both of us so I wait for him in 3rd at 80, he's coming on hard so I nail it. He's got momentum and pulls to about 2 cars behind. It only takes a second for me to match his speed and I start to pull away easily. I grab 4th and by the time I'm a little over 100 he's gone and gives up. But wait there's more..... I spanked him twice more like this giving him momentum again. He was trying, matching my accel at 80-90+ for only a few moments before starting to fall off. I was hoping the new VR6 was a little quicker. I had more fun racing two MKII GTI's
    03 WR Blue WRX
    Factory Short Shifter
    Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill!!

Nice!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'