Owned by a Ford Festiva
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Owned by a Ford Festiva within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I still can't think straight so bear with me. I have an 03' stock WRX. I was driving on Rt ...

Owned by a Ford Festiva

I still can't think straight so bear with me.

I have an 03' stock WRX. I was driving on Rt 93N about to get onto Rt. 495N when I get behind a debadged Ford Festiva. The first thing I think is "what sort of fresh faced jackass debadges a Ford Festiva?".

Anyway, he takes the exit ramp to 495 and I follow him. Then I notice a sticker on the back of the car that say's "Powered by Mitsubishi". So my next thought is "What an ignorant assclown, why put a sticker on a Ford saying it's powered by Mitsubishi unless you're semi-braindamaged?"

So as we get off the ramp to 495 south something scary/amazing/shocking happends. Not thinking anything, I see the Festiva jump into the middle lane and punch it. So, not wanting to look like a sucker, I follow him and punch it to, thinking that I'll fly by him like a like an f15 at an airshow.

Not to be. That f*cker started pulling on me.

I drop atleast 1/2 pound load in my shorts. "Why am I not catching up here?" I wasn't losing any ground on him, but I wasn't pulling on him either. This little **** box looked like it got shot out of a cannon.

Finally I start to inch closer to him at around 80 MPH and at around 95MPH I'm almost right next to him when we come up to some traffic and we both slow down. I get next to him and it's a little olive skinned, curly haried preteen (I swear he looked about 12), with a massive **** eating grin on his face. He looks at me, throws the thumbs up (I must of looked like I just saw a ghost) then throwns a ninja jump across the slow lane and takes the exit for rt 28 in Andover.

I had to slow down to around 60 MPH, and contemplate what just happended. I did not lose to him, because I did finally reel him in, but I still got owned. I think beating a Festiva by anything less than 2 aircraft carrier lengths is sad, and just barely pulling on one is an outright asskicking.

So I just thought I'd post this. I just got played by a sleeper and I'll be damned if I ever underestimate a compact car again,

For the record, I'm not 100% sure it was a festiva, but it had that basic shape, and had wheel's on it that looked more suited for a grocery cart then a car.

Ahh well, I have a new found respect for children and their amped up Festiva's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow......
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

LOL thats hilarious.

Must of had a eclipse 4G63T swap.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TrafficDiver
    I still can't think straight so bear with me.

I have an 03' stock WRX. I was driving on Rt 93N about to get onto Rt. 495N when I get behind a debadged Ford Festiva. The first thing I think is "what sort of fresh faced jackass debadges a Ford Festiva?".

Anyway, he takes the exit ramp to 495 and I follow him. Then I notice a sticker on the back of the car that say's "Powered by Mitsubishi". So my next thought is "What an ignorant assclown, why put a sticker on a Ford saying it's powered by Mitsubishi unless you're semi-braindamaged?"

So as we get off the ramp to 495 south something scary/amazing/shocking happends. Not thinking anything, I see the Festiva jump into the middle lane and punch it. So, not wanting to look like a sucker, I follow him and punch it to, thinking that I'll fly by him like a like an f15 at an airshow.

Not to be. That f*cker started pulling on me.

I drop atleast 1/2 pound load in my shorts. "Why am I not catching up here?" I wasn't losing any ground on him, but I wasn't pulling on him either. This little **** box looked like it got shot out of a cannon.

Finally I start to inch closer to him at around 80 MPH and at around 95MPH I'm almost right next to him when we come up to some traffic and we both slow down. I get next to him and it's a little olive skinned, curly haried preteen (I swear he looked about 12), with a massive **** eating grin on his face. He looks at me, throws the thumbs up (I must of looked like I just saw a ghost) then throwns a ninja jump across the slow lane and takes the exit for rt 28 in Andover.

I had to slow down to around 60 MPH, and contemplate what just happended. I did not lose to him, because I did finally reel him in, but I still got owned. I think beating a Festiva by anything less than 2 aircraft carrier lengths is sad, and just barely pulling on one is an outright asskicking.

So I just thought I'd post this. I just got played by a sleeper and I'll be damned if I ever underestimate a compact car again,

For the record, I'm not 100% sure it was a festiva, but it had that basic shape, and had wheel's on it that looked more suited for a grocery cart then a car.

Ahh well, I have a new found respect for children and their amped up Festiva's.
    That story right there is the reason the aftermarket exists..lol......no one wants to get yanked by a festiva........so go out right now and buy a green, fmic, tbe, and utec or something and then vettes and cobras will be writing a similar story about your car on their forum
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

I thought fmic were not needed unless you have a turbo upgrade?
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver04Sti
    That story right there is the reason the aftermarket exists..lol......no one wants to get yanked by a festiva........so go out right now and buy a green, fmic, tbe, and utec or something and then vettes and cobras will be writing a similar story about your car on their forum

ok. I will.

Pretty humbling I think, teaches you not to get cocky because you never know what's out there.

I Support ClubWRX
    Hehe...I love dorky little sleepers like that.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

wow that must have been a sick set up he had in the car.. Oh well that car is awesome. I have heard of some fast festivas, although I have never seen one. Well this is a lesson for all of us not to under-estimate any car.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    There was a company a few years ago putting 5.0 L mustang engines in those Festivas,had 300HP.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh
    There was a company a few years ago putting 5.0 L mustang engines in those Festivas,had 300HP.
    I think you mean the Focus. They made some V6 powered Festivas and gave them flared rear fenders and wide tires. Jay Leno has one. I have seen it in person.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Wasn't there a blue Festiva in Sport Compact Car a couple times with some crazy engine swap? I can't remember what they put in there, but it was pretty damn fast.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    I thought fmic were not needed unless you have a turbo upgrade?

that's why I started it by saying a "green"....as in a green turbo upgrade :-)
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Quote Originally Posted by AjIsDope
    I think you mean the Focus. They made some V6 powered Festivas and gave them flared rear fenders and wide tires. Jay Leno has one. I have seen it in person.

Isn't it called the SHO Gun

Ithas a Taurus SHO 3.oL V6 in it driving the rear wheels if I remember correctly.

Here you go http://www.supercars.net/garages/Dod...%20RT/1v2.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast