had a couple races tonight

This is a discussion on had a couple races tonight within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As I was driving to the local meet, I came across a VW Jetta at a light. I was minding ...

had a couple races tonight

As I was driving to the local meet, I came across a VW Jetta at a light. I was minding my own business, and as the light turned green, the guy takes off. I'm in 2nd gear about 4 cars back and decided to give chase. I slowly pull on the guy and then fly past him (he let off a bit) after we passed an intersection with tracks. He gets behind me and starts tailgating as soon as I let off due to some light traffic.

We get to another light, and I proceed normally off the line and then floor it. I gained about 1-1.5 cars on him (he didn't know when I was going to go WOT because of the normal takeoff). I stay in the lead with him neither gaining on me nor me pulling very much (walked by very slowly) on him. We do the same thing at the next light with the same results.

This time we get to the light side by side about 10 seconds before it turns green, and I look over and pointed forward. He nods (he looked pissed off), and I got ready to launch. I rev the car several times to bring the rpms up and accidently crept past the line. Light turns green, I rev up to somewhere between 4k-5k, tires chirp, hooked up, then instantly gained about 3 cars on him by the end of 1st. As I launched, I heard his front tires spinning for about a second before his tires hooked up. I let off after shifting to 3rd. I coast to the next light as he comes flying past me. I'm behind a car (2 lanes over), while he was first in his lane. It was somewhat dark, but I saw a VR6 badge on it.

The next race was when I was coming home from the meet, and a Honda Civic Si (the current gen one) eggs me on to race him. From what I could tell, he had exhaust and a passenger with him. The guy launches the car and takes off before the light turns green. He gains about 1 car on me as I take off normally. By end of 1st I am at his back door. Quick shift to 2nd and I pulled on him like mad. Shifted to 3rd, and let off at 80 mph and tapped my brakes. By that time, I had about 4+ cars on him. I give a friendly wave and turned off at my stop.

All in all I was a little disappointed that I couldn't put any distance on the VW. That race was a tad better than my race with the Acura Legend a few weeks ago, but still a bit disappointed. Need more mods. Unfortunately, I'm broke

My only mod is an Hks catback.
    Last edited by TurnWRX; 01-21-2005 at 10:49 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good stuff....i get mad when i cant pull on certain cars as well...but as far as the SI goes...good job...most SI owners i meet or see are A-holes
    WuDekStyle: i took the meanest **** at work today, i created an island there was so much nastiness
    WuDekStyle: i felt like a wild animal
    Official Cinematographer for the Bugeye Mafia