Close the door and get BACK in your car, you funking idiot! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Close the door and get BACK in your car, you funking idiot! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; No offense man, but the safest way to go probably would've been to just drive away after the first time ...

No offense man, but the safest way to go probably would've been to just drive away after the first time he got out of his car. That's someone who's pissed at the world and is looking for someone to take it out on. But, every situation is different I suppose. I know my aggravation with bad driver's has gotten the best of me at times.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ScreaminDemon
    No offense man, but the safest way to go probably would've been to just drive away after the first time he got out of his car. That's someone who's pissed at the world and is looking for someone to take it out on. But, every situation is different I suppose. I know my aggravation with bad driver's has gotten the best of me at times.
    He stopped so short the first time, I couldn't get around him. The intent was to get him out of the way, whether in his car or not, enough to get by him and it worked. Plus the first time, he only opened his door, didn't actually get out. He and his buddy in the car thought it was funny to try and intimidate the little white kid. They're totally harmless idiots, just annoying. But see how NOT taking it and NOT being intimidated has convinced them to not do it again? They moved the car last night so it's not hidden anymore but still haven't driven it again.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Bro, they ran a stop sign. They are well aware that that was illegal and know they are wreckless drivers, and dont care. You didnt teach them a lesson by holding the horn, revving at them, giving the thumbs down, jamming on your brakes with them coming up behind you, etc. In fact, you responded to their jackass driving with road rage, exactly the wrong way for a self-proclaimed EXTREMELEY defensive driver to react. Unless you left out a part of the story about why they would be pissed at you in the first place, then they simply ran the stop sign and would have kept on going had you not held the horn and further escalated things.

You hoped he'd follow you to your favorite windy road? You want some idiots running off the road and dying, trying to keep up with you? Dont "wait until late and jack on the brakes" and you wont need to worry about being chased. Is it coincidental that you have all these stories?

Control yourself. Use your head. Punks with rims and designer clothes are who you should most worry having guns or doing something stupid, dont give them a reason. Chill with all the "if you live afraid, your not living" bs. We're not talking about conquering fears or standing up to high school bullies. We're talking about irrational behavior, on both sides and how a simple traffic infraction could have become much more serious. "see how NOT taking it and NOT being intimidated has convinced them to not do it again?" lol Just cuz they havent driven a car in a couple days doesnt mean you've changed the world buddy, gimme a break.

I dont mean to come off so harsh, and Ive certainly let my anger get the best of me in similar situations too. But Im not tryin to read a thread about a fellow ClubWRX member dead or hurt over some bs like this. Next time just laugh to yourself at what bozo's they are, and go on your merry way.

Quote Originally Posted by ervv173
    Bro, they ran a stop sign. They are well aware that that was illegal and know they are wreckless drivers, and dont care. You didnt teach them a lesson by holding the horn, revving at them, giving the thumbs down, jamming on your brakes with them coming up behind you, etc. In fact, you responded to their jackass driving with road rage, exactly the wrong way for a self-proclaimed EXTREMELEY defensive driver to react. Unless you left out a part of the story about why they would be pissed at you in the first place, then they simply ran the stop sign and would have kept on going had you not held the horn and further escalated things.

You hoped he'd follow you to your favorite windy road? You want some idiots running off the road and dying, trying to keep up with you? Dont "wait until late and jack on the brakes" and you wont need to worry about being chased. Is it coincidental that you have all these stories?

Control yourself. Use your head. Punks with rims and designer clothes are who you should most worry having guns or doing something stupid, dont give them a reason. Chill with all the "if you live afraid, your not living" bs. We're not talking about conquering fears or standing up to high school bullies. We're talking about irrational behavior, on both sides and how a simple traffic infraction could have become much more serious. "see how NOT taking it and NOT being intimidated has convinced them to not do it again?" lol Just cuz they havent driven a car in a couple days doesnt mean you've changed the world buddy, gimme a break.

I dont mean to come off so harsh, and Ive certainly let my anger get the best of me in similar situations too. But Im not tryin to read a thread about a fellow ClubWRX member dead or hurt over some bs like this. Next time just laugh to yourself at what bozo's they are, and go on your merry way.
    Their car still hasn't moved. Keeping one car, but not the driver, off the road isn't changing the world and I'm not claiming to. But he obviously doesn't think he should be out in that car since it's his regular car. He lives nearby and I see it a lot, so yes, I know which one he drives.

What I did was not road rage. As I said before, I used my horn for its intended purpose. I only revved to try to get him to move. To be honest, he reacted in a way I didn't expect him to. What I did was RIGHT. I did not encourage his behavior, as you apparently would, by letting him do as he pleases. People like him honestly do think if they get away with something, it means that it's okay to do that and then they push it a little further. If I had reacted as you would have, and simply taken it, he would have determined that it was OKAY to run a stop sign in front of me. Given that state of mind, what about next time? What if he doesn't have that little bit of space or I don't notice him running the stop sign? He'll think it's okay and the result will be an accident. By allowing someone like that to do as they please, you ENCOURAGE lawless behavior and encourage him to step further into dangerous driving. Being afraid encourages lawlessness. It's not some macho high school crap like you mistakenly think.

I find it somewhat offensive that you think I DESERVE to have people do this to me because I react to it AFTER it happens. Your REACTION to an event does not CAUSE that event. I can't travel in time. Even the concept of his action being the result of my reaction is ridiculous, childish at best. Also, I cannot be responsible for the independent actions of another person. I'm not God. Would you like the situation more if I sat timidly, slammed the brakes, came to a stop in the intersection, smiled and apologized to him for HIS behavior? Or maybe I should apologize to the person he kills in an accident he causes because he got the impression that running stop signs was okay and had no consequences. If someone intentionally runs me off the road, would the appropriate response be to sit and cry in the car or to go get their tag number and call the police? Personally, I'm going to do the RIGHT thing and show them there are results from their actions.

Come up with all the BS you want to justify being timid. Watch movies and see all these chases and gunfights on the road and think that every other car has a weapon in it. Let people walk ALL OVER you. That's your deal. But doing what is RIGHT and preventing potential future SERIOUS disaster is more important than being afraid of someone that is EXTREMELY unlikely to be armed (I'm more likely to be, actually) and less likely to use a weapon. If there were NO consequences for our actions, our society would collapse. It's called ANARCHY. If everyone thought like you, that's what would happen. I am not going to wait to see the accident he caused because he thought it was okay to do as he pleases. Given how he at least feels guilty, as he has parked the car for over a week, I have a feeling he'll think twice before doing it again. It may be a small one but I have made a positive difference. You must keep in mind that he's thinking YOU could be armed as well. You also have to look at results. Every single time, I've prevented something worse from happening. Every single time, the other guy that starts something or tries to do harm to me is a blowhard. I've learned how to tell who is what kind of person. Numerous times I've seen people that ARE the kinds to pull a weapon or actually ram other cars. I don't mess with them. I've even seen some of them go on to do things such as RAM other cars.

Until you know me, please do refrain from being so critical. There ARE consequences for our actions and I don't allow someone to endanger my life or others' lives in the future if I can prevent it. Next time, he could cut it too close and hit a FAMILY. There is no macho BS. I'm a short, lightweight guy and if you saw me, you'd never think macho and I don't either. The image doesn't fit so I don't try for it. If you get beyond thinking on the high school level you want to put me on, you'll find out that what happened did for reasons far beyond image. Such things are done SOLELY for safety concerns and to do my small part to keep errant drivers in line. If you don't like that, that's fine. If you want to let them have their way with you, that's fine. But I will not and being told it's the only way because YOU are afraid of something that is so unlikely to happen is insulting.

Have a great day. If you want to discuss encouraging lawlessness by rolling over for others, PM or email me. While the design of a forum is for feedback and communication, such personal beliefs and such need not be thrown in everyone else's face. I also don't want this to turn into a pissing match where you tell me doing the right thing is wrong and I have to repeat myself. I've seen it before, I know what you're going to say, please don't waste my time.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    You did the right thing by not engaging him. We are lovers not fighters
    i'm a fighter, not a lover

if i were you, i would have gotten out of my car and messed that idiot up
    Straightaways are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers...

Quote Originally Posted by EVOVIII
    You are going to try to drag race people with a V6 Mustang? Dude, get the GT please, dont embarrass yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertbert2oo6
    i'm a fighter, not a lover

if i were you, i would have gotten out of my car and messed that idiot up
    Riight, how old are you 17? I can see the invincibility of youth talking. Just like there's always someone faster than you there's always going to be some one tougher than you, and those that aren't may be toting firearms.

unless you're superman, or god that's a pretty ****ing stupid thing to do.

Dude, get off the "I used my horn for it's intended purpose" rant. I don't think anyone is debating you using your horn. Sure, he is probably a tool, BUT, your taunting ways will eventually write a check that you can't cash. Now he knows what you drive, possibly what your plates are and what you look like. And do you honestly think that his car has been parked because of you and your thumb? And how in the world did YOU prevent him from running a stop sign in the future?? By running away from him?

There is no such thing as pretend road rage, as you called it. He got out of his car with one thing on his mind....confrontation. That's road rage. Yes, he is an idiot. But let it go. He'll get his eventually, but getting him to chase you is not my idea of standing up to him. If you were so unafraid, why didn't you get out and have a nice conversation with him? See what was on his mind?

OK after reading that I have to say few words as well. First of all I think its very hard not to over react in a car when other driver does something incredibly stupid. I know becasue I am guilty of the same thing, but that was when I was youger. Getting older and more expirienced I learned to avoid such altercations becasue its not worth your time or health. You never know what kind of a psycho is driving. Its a lot faster to avoid him then to get into a situation as such as you did. Yes of course when someone breaks the rules of the road I let them know, by a short honk or even a gesture, but not to a point where they are ready to jump out of their car. What you did was road rage period! You used your horn not as a warning but rather as a tool to instigate/anger the other driver. I am not judging but for your sake next time do let them know they did something wrong but save your energy and nerves for something more worth while.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by renichms
    Their car still hasn't moved. Keeping one car, but not the driver, off the road isn't changing the world and I'm not claiming to. But he obviously doesn't think he should be out in that car since it's his regular car. He lives nearby and I see it a lot, so yes, I know which one he drives.

What I did was not road rage. As I said before, I used my horn for its intended purpose. I only revved to try to get him to move. To be honest, he reacted in a way I didn't expect him to. What I did was RIGHT. I did not encourage his behavior, as you apparently would, by letting him do as he pleases. People like him honestly do think if they get away with something, it means that it's okay to do that and then they push it a little further. If I had reacted as you would have, and simply taken it, he would have determined that it was OKAY to run a stop sign in front of me. Given that state of mind, what about next time? What if he doesn't have that little bit of space or I don't notice him running the stop sign? He'll think it's okay and the result will be an accident. By allowing someone like that to do as they please, you ENCOURAGE lawless behavior and encourage him to step further into dangerous driving. Being afraid encourages lawlessness. It's not some macho high school crap like you mistakenly think.

I find it somewhat offensive that you think I DESERVE to have people do this to me because I react to it AFTER it happens. Your REACTION to an event does not CAUSE that event. I can't travel in time. Even the concept of his action being the result of my reaction is ridiculous, childish at best. Also, I cannot be responsible for the independent actions of another person. I'm not God. Would you like the situation more if I sat timidly, slammed the brakes, came to a stop in the intersection, smiled and apologized to him for HIS behavior? Or maybe I should apologize to the person he kills in an accident he causes because he got the impression that running stop signs was okay and had no consequences. If someone intentionally runs me off the road, would the appropriate response be to sit and cry in the car or to go get their tag number and call the police? Personally, I'm going to do the RIGHT thing and show them there are results from their actions.

Come up with all the BS you want to justify being timid. Watch movies and see all these chases and gunfights on the road and think that every other car has a weapon in it. Let people walk ALL OVER you. That's your deal. But doing what is RIGHT and preventing potential future SERIOUS disaster is more important than being afraid of someone that is EXTREMELY unlikely to be armed (I'm more likely to be, actually) and less likely to use a weapon. If there were NO consequences for our actions, our society would collapse. It's called ANARCHY. If everyone thought like you, that's what would happen. I am not going to wait to see the accident he caused because he thought it was okay to do as he pleases. Given how he at least feels guilty, as he has parked the car for over a week, I have a feeling he'll think twice before doing it again. It may be a small one but I have made a positive difference. You must keep in mind that he's thinking YOU could be armed as well. You also have to look at results. Every single time, I've prevented something worse from happening. Every single time, the other guy that starts something or tries to do harm to me is a blowhard. I've learned how to tell who is what kind of person. Numerous times I've seen people that ARE the kinds to pull a weapon or actually ram other cars. I don't mess with them. I've even seen some of them go on to do things such as RAM other cars.

Until you know me, please do refrain from being so critical. There ARE consequences for our actions and I don't allow someone to endanger my life or others' lives in the future if I can prevent it. Next time, he could cut it too close and hit a FAMILY. There is no macho BS. I'm a short, lightweight guy and if you saw me, you'd never think macho and I don't either. The image doesn't fit so I don't try for it. If you get beyond thinking on the high school level you want to put me on, you'll find out that what happened did for reasons far beyond image. Such things are done SOLELY for safety concerns and to do my small part to keep errant drivers in line. If you don't like that, that's fine. If you want to let them have their way with you, that's fine. But I will not and being told it's the only way because YOU are afraid of something that is so unlikely to happen is insulting.

Have a great day. If you want to discuss encouraging lawlessness by rolling over for others, PM or email me. While the design of a forum is for feedback and communication, such personal beliefs and such need not be thrown in everyone else's face. I also don't want this to turn into a pissing match where you tell me doing the right thing is wrong and I have to repeat myself. I've seen it before, I know what you're going to say, please don't waste my time.

RN
    Well for starters man, dont get upset. There are consequences for all our actions, those are your own words. Posting online, regardless of the topic, will bring back some negative feedback. Deal with it. You urge me not to waste your time, that is solely up to you. In my last paragraph I tried to make apparent the fact that I wasnt trying to attack you, I simply dont want to see harm come to anyone over something so trivial. Sure, I understand they jeopardized your safety and Im sorry. The point is that you stretched the conflict, further endangering both parties.

I have a hard time finding the motive for your post in the first place. Were you telling your tale to encourage other scronny white kids to stand up for themselves? You claimed twice that they profiled you as a timid white boy....and so you honk your horn, flee and post about it on the internet. We skinny white boys do appreciate you turning the stereotype around. Why are you keeping tabs on his car anyway?, Mr. Stayinthecarbutlivewithoutfear

Avoiding conflict is smart, not cowardly. I have a concealed permit and can legally carry a gun (although I dont), still Im not about to try and deliver street justice to traffic offenders. Shoot, even an off duty cop wont bother (unless its an extreme instance). Is it out of fear? No its because its not worth it, and not my responsibility to do so. Will this incident of finger pointing and honking deter them from future traffic infractions? well...we disagree there again. They prob were amused by the whole spectacle just as the onlookers were. Even if they took it serious, it is unlikely they would correlate what happened to being a consequence of running stop signs. What do people do when they get a speeding ticket? They learn not to speed on that particular road, buy a radar detector, or develop a stronger hatred for police, instead of the desired outcome. Even for those that are scared straight, its only temporary....and before you know it they are back to their old behavior again.

May I remind you that you are posting in what is essentially the street racing area of this forum. If you want to join the Citizen Patrol, simply participating here is likely to negate your do-gooder status. Its hard to accept the validity of your complaint when you intentionally stop short, creating a dangerous situation in an effort to teach driving etiquette.

Lastly, I again suggest that you try to laugh it off when you encounter idiotic drivers; find humor in their stupidity. Its the only way to shrug off the anger over someone who's surely not worth it. A simple tap of the horn to voice your disproval of their action is all you can do. Just be glad you dont live in South FL, where this sort of thing happens multiple times each day.
    Last edited by ervv173; 01-31-2005 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ervv173
    Well for starters man, dont get upset. There are consequences for all our actions, those are your own words. Posting online, regardless of the topic, will bring back some negative feedback. Deal with it. You urge me not to waste your time, that is solely up to you. In my last paragraph I tried to make apparent the fact that I wasnt trying to attack you, I simply dont want to see harm come to anyone over something so trivial. Sure, I understand they jeopardized your safety and Im sorry. The point is that you stretched the conflict, further endangering both parties.

I have a hard time finding the motive for your post in the first place. Were you telling your tale to encourage other scronny white kids to stand up for themselves? You claimed twice that they profiled you as a timid white boy....and so you honk your horn, flee and post about it on the internet. We skinny white boys do appreciate you turning the stereotype around. Why are you keeping tabs on his car anyway?, Mr. Stayinthecarbutlivewithoutfear

Avoiding conflict is smart, not cowardly. I have a concealed permit and can legally carry a gun (although I dont), still Im not about to try and deliver street justice to traffic offenders. Shoot, even an off duty cop wont bother (unless its an extreme instance). Is it out of fear? No its because its not worth it, and not my responsibility to do so. Will this incident of finger pointing and honking deter them from future traffic infractions? well...we disagree there again. They prob were amused by the whole spectacle just as the onlookers were. Even if they took it serious, it is unlikely they would correlate what happened to being a consequence of running stop signs. What do people do when they get a speeding ticket? They learn not to speed on that particular road, buy a radar detector, or develop a stronger hatred for police, instead of the desired outcome. Even for those that are scared straight, its only temporary....and before you know it they are back to their old behavior again.

May I remind you that you are posting in what is essentially the street racing area of this forum. If you want to join the Citizen Patrol, simply participating here is likely to negate your do-gooder status. Its hard to accept the validity of your complaint when you intentionally stop short, creating a dangerous situation in an effort to teach driving etiquette.

Lastly, I again suggest that you try to laugh it off when you encounter idiotic drivers; find humor in their stupidity. Its the only way to shrug off the anger over someone who's surely not worth it. A simple tap of the horn to voice your disproval of their action is all you can do. Just be glad you dont live in South FL, where this sort of thing happens multiple times each day.
    WORD!

Some guy almost hit me and i honked at him. He started swearing and flipping me off. I waited for the light to turn green before i flipped him off. He slammed on the brakes in the middle of an intersection to try and catch me. I was turning right. Too bad jeep cherokees arent as fast as an STI
    Cops with STI's...What is this world coming to?

this thread has become garbage.

plz stop writing your essays about the same thing, but worded differently

every essay in this thread has the same basic idea: "don't get angry, its not worth it"
    Straightaways are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers...

Quote Originally Posted by EVOVIII
    You are going to try to drag race people with a V6 Mustang? Dude, get the GT please, dont embarrass yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertbert2oo6
    this thread has become garbage.

plz stop writing your essays about the same thing, but worded differently

every essay in this thread has the same basic idea: "don't get angry, its not worth it"
    The only reason that this thread would be considered garbage is because you posted this and the previous worthless post. BrianH put it best, and you're not even 17 yet. Do you not understand these people are trying to curb road rage, but he still thinks his revving, hard braking and basically being a hardass are all part of his efforts to teach someone a lesson on stop signs.

If you don't want to read the essay, scroll down and move on, since they are people's opinions on the same matter. They're not essentially worded differently, you jackass. Just because people share the same opinion doesnt mean they plagiarize each other and use a thesaurus to tell their own. You do realize those posts aren't even meant for you, people are refuting each others points
    R.I.P. 2004 WRB WRX
    MODS

people have different views on what they think is right. renichms did the right thing by staying in his car, keeping his cool, and not flipping him off. The horn was a good warning too. But the revving and the extensive horn could've caused the kid to be pissed off even more. ervv173 makes a statement that renichms used road rage to counter the dumbass behavior. Lets let you decide on what you think is right.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.