EVO vs 05 GTO & RSX TYPE S!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on EVO vs 05 GTO & RSX TYPE S!!! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Huh Gto + 350whp+ 3700lb curb weight vs evo +350whp + 3250 curb weight and only a 1 car win ...

Huh

Gto + 350whp+ 3700lb curb weight

vs

evo +350whp + 3250 curb weight

and only a 1 car win w/a launch?...

you should be trapping at 112mph+ ???....eh thats why you race the races.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

With 350WHP you should have smoked him from the light bad!! And would have done good also from a rolling start. Your car should be in the low 12's with that kind of power.Anyway good run! Cant wait until i get my Evo in the 350-400whp range!
    2005 Electric Blue Mitsubishi Evolution VIII,
    2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII
    Helix Catback
    Helix Downpipe
    Ultimate Racing test pipe
    Txs Mbc
    Greddy Type-s bov

www.myspace.com/evil_evo_viii
    www.mitsubishiunited.com
    2004 Subaru Wrx-Sold

Doesn't the 05 have an ls2? watch out once he starts modding

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_04_WRX
    With 350WHP you should have smoked him from the light bad!! And would have done good also from a rolling start. Your car should be in the low 12's with that kind of power.Anyway good run! Cant wait until i get my Evo in the 350-400whp range!
    Not as easy as some would lead you to believe, but fun.
    11.1 @ 131

my bad, didn't catch that.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gsixty3
    wish i can hit 11.80's with my setup, but i know i m suck at shifting fast.. oh well.. i need more power to make up my granny shifting.
    You want to be able to switch fast in between gears, get a WR damper. I gaurantee you, you'll be shifting through all your gears like superman. Seriouse though, it made a huge improvement especially that 2nd gear. I almost always have to granny shift 2nd gear but once I put in the WR damper, all my gears are as silk shifting as a Honda. Now I can slam the gears while drag racing.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

I second the WR Engine Dampner its a really good bang for the buck mod however it just went up to $180 bucks which is kind of pricy. I could of had more than 2 cars on this guy however my adrenaline was pumping, and I was having a great time so the results where blurry the way it went down. And by posting a car or a little more or less I was being fair to the GTO and not trying to over exagerate what I didnt know to be 100% correct. Also I've never hard launched my car I just stick with 4500RPM and let off lightly and I never bang my gears. I love a working tranny and want to keep it that way And lastly I would like to point out my car was dyno'd at 333AWHP and since then I have added a beautiful Borla Exhaust Manifold, and the Buschur Upper Intercooler Piping which makes me think I probably have some where around 350AWHP roughly. Check out my next post as well I finally got to race a 03 Cobra!!!!

Staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

I know they upped the price, luckily I got mine used for cheap. But the point is, it really made a huge difference that I would recommend it. This car should've came like this. It doesn't just help with shifting, it also helped with handling and keeps my Buschurs exhaust noise low. I can't believe my exhaust got quiter after I installed this. For example, cruising at 60mph in 4th gear was awefully loud and I would have to put it in 5th gear to tame it but since the WR damper, 4th gear at 60-70mph is very easy on the ears.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.

fre
    Quote Originally Posted by GREDDY
    I know they upped the price, luckily I got mine used for cheap. But the point is, it really made a huge difference that I would recommend it. This car should've came like this. It doesn't just help with shifting, it also helped with handling and keeps my Buschurs exhaust noise low. I can't believe my exhaust got quiter after I installed this. For example, cruising at 60mph in 4th gear was awefully loud and I would have to put it in 5th gear to tame it but since the WR damper, 4th gear at 60-70mph is very easy on the ears.
    Very interesting. I might need something of this sort. Is this like a new engine mount or where does it go? I should be 12 flat or even high 11s, but can't get my 1-2 shift fast enough.
    11.1 @ 131

That's my exact point.... I couldn't get my 1-2 shift fast enough because most of the time it wouldn't go in fast enough. When at WOT, the engine is forced back so much towards the firewall that it's difficult for the 1-2 shift to go in quick. I had the same problem with my WRX too by the way. After the WR damper, I can shift faster then superman into 2nd gear. Now all the gears are soooooooooooooo smooth and glide like butter. Definitely worth it, even if it's $180 now. That's better then grinding 2nd gear because you were shifting it too fast in a drag race. This will save your gears guys.

Oh, this just mounts to your engine mount next to the cam gear side and the other end goes to your strut towar bar.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.

Look on ebay and see if there are any left however if Rennenmotors is selling them stay away. It took them 5 weeks for me to get mine. However lancershop.com has them in stock and you'll get it in about a week. Just look for Weapon R Engine Dampner!!

Staton
    The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
    --
    Provehito In Altum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12