Trading in the rex, what should i get? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Trading in the rex, what should i get? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My first pick would be the TL type S, but as an ex owner of one i can tell you ...

My first pick would be the TL type S, but as an ex owner of one i can tell you it does have tranny problems, and everyone i know who have tls are on there second tranny. Its a shame that would be perfect what you are looking for and as you said its fully loaded. Oh and another minus on the Tl is Torque steer, i dont know about the maxima.

My next pick would be the maxima. Its the closest to the Tl.

I know reliability sucks, but what about a 2000-2001 Audi S4?
    Also consider Chevy cobalt SS.
    My cars:
    2008 VW GTI, DSG
    14.269@96.3 Bone Stock!
    2002 Hyundai Elantra GT MT

Family:
    2003 Audi RS6 (Sold will be missed,used to be my dads.)
    2004 Subaru Forester XT (Family car)
    15.3@90.5 Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What about the Altima SE-R? With the 3.5l, you can use the 350z mods (can make around 240wrhp)!

Quote Originally Posted by XxScoobYxX
    hey what dealership do you go to?
    Subaru of Schaumburg.

Anzio: you never answered me about the RSX-S.... this car sounds ideal, but do you need a 4door? otherwise just get the maxima.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Subaru of Schaumburg.

Anzio: you never answered me about the RSX-S.... this car sounds ideal, but do you need a 4door? otherwise just get the maxima.

lol I can't belive you took your car there. Did anything get stolen? Did you check for scratches, did they try and force the sale of another car on you?

I love my wifes '03 Accord Coupe. V6 w/ 6-speed and 240 hp, it is a lot of fun and Honda reliability. Although, we are trading it for an '05 TL. 10 month old baby girl = 4 doors

<<-- life begins and ends at 180 mph - CBR 1000RR

MODS

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    lol I can't belive you took your car there. Did anything get stolen? Did you check for scratches, did they try and force the sale of another car on you?
    ...And were you tortured worse than an Iraqi war prisoner? LOL, worst dealership ever... (Subaru of Schaumburg).

How about any of the Audi or Saab turbo vehicles? Would seem to fit most of your criteria.

I guess it depends on how much you plan on modifiying your next car also... Just remember:

Fast and Cheap = Not Reliable
    Cheap and Reliable = Not Fast
    Fast and Reliable = Not Cheap

2007 VW GTI 6 spd. No times yet
    2000 Firehawk convertible 6spd- 12.52 @ 114.7 mph. 2.09 60'

Sold: 2004 Mini Cooper S. 14.95 @ 93.8 mph.
    Sold: 2004 GTO 6 spd. 13.4 @ 104.5 mph
    Sold: 2002 WRX 5spd. 13.39 @100.7 mph. 1.81 60'

What pisses me off about the Evo is the fact there are no side impact air bags? WTF?
    The price is too high not to have some, and it side impact rating is horrible too. Around here, in redlight runner land, you could really need them some day.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

oh, sorry DTR, the RSX is nice, but its a bit too small, i prefer a sedan
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

yea, fast and reliable is pretty tough to do... the V6 accord ( 03) seems pretty nice. its a little pricier than the maxima, i plan on looking at a few of these.
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

I'm not kidding, when I was stock I took my car there because I was driving by, just to get a cupholder (because mine broke). They offered to put it in, and I stupidly said yes figuring it takes 5 min. and it's cold outside. I swear they swapped my Sti shift knob for one with a blemish on it. It came out with some rubbing and compound, but I noticed at a stoplight on the way home the the emblem was upside down. I was like WTF, so I looked closer.

Don't take your car there ever again. That dealership is unbelievably bad. My father in law is in the business and has told me stories that you would not believe about that place, particularly the financing guys.
    My transmission hates me. So does my wife because of this car.

some guy on here named by "Jackie" has a 1.8t JEtta that would trade plus cash for your REX. he offered me that, i refused.
    Midwest Auto Salon
    Apple Valley, MN

My Stage IV WRX was totalled by a drunk driver. Fcuk him!

Quote Originally Posted by zambonidriver
    I'm not kidding, when I was stock I took my car there because I was driving by, just to get a cupholder (because mine broke). They offered to put it in, and I stupidly said yes figuring it takes 5 min. and it's cold outside. I swear they swapped my Sti shift knob for one with a blemish on it. It came out with some rubbing and compound, but I noticed at a stoplight on the way home the the emblem was upside down. I was like WTF, so I looked closer.

Don't take your car there ever again. That dealership is unbelievably bad. My father in law is in the business and has told me stories that you would not believe about that place, particularly the financing guys.

yeah, yeah, yeah...they suck balls. The reason I bring my car there is because I bought it there. They do suck, and I have experienced some of the worst customer service ever there. This is one of the reasons I will never buy a subaru again. I brought my g/f there to look at a wrx wagon and when she was test driving it, the sales guy kept trying to hit on her to get her to buy, and would not stop pressuring her to buy the damn thing... I know its his job and all, but he went WAY over-board. I was going to throw his ass outta the car!

supposedly they are cool about mods there... They never said anything to me about mine, and I have seen a few modded wrx's getting work done there.... but I am afraid I will bring it in one day for something of a larger problem (blow turbo, tranny, etc...) and they are going to stiff me
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I guess, of used cars, I'd probably pick the 02 Maxima.

I like Honda's, but not pre'03 V6's (240hp and a 6speed )

I like TL's, but not prior to the most current incarnation.

We (my girlfriend and I) have a 1.8T Jetta... its a nice car. I know of the electronics reliability issues, and its not very quick really, but the engine is rock solid reliable (its the engine eletronics that CAN have issues... ours doesnt have any and hasn't had any). I am comfortable letting her drive it ~100 miles a day... even in this extremely cold weather, it is reliable. I can probably give decent answers to specific questions on this car.

Ours is a 2001 Wolfsburg Edition just about fully loaded (no leather, and no problematic catch-on-fire heated seats, either) with 35k miles when we bought it, and we got it for ~14,500 .. which was the lowest priced 1.8T or VR6 we could find. I would've gone for a GTI If I could've convinced her to get a 2dr

I guess Im not really the best to choose here, because if I had to get something in the 16-20k range, it'd be a 98 or newer Diesel truck
    Last edited by skyphix; 01-24-2005 at 03:47 PM.
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

Don't touch VW, and I know from personal experience. I have a 2001 vr6 jetta and I have a few friends who also have jettas. Together, we wouldn't have the time to list all the problems that went wrong with these cars in this forum.

Registered User spyderpaint2004's Avatar
    tl type S is a very fun and reliable car. friend has one and boy that thing can go. id stay away from vw even tho the VR6 is quick.
    for great interior and looks the maxima is up there. bose sound system is hot. but again u can get that in the tl.
    honda....
    have u looked into the mazda 6 or 3. very nice interior, but the hp is a little on the weaker side. but if ur not looking for rediculous speed, id go test drive one.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast