S2000 vs. STI Encounter - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on S2000 vs. STI Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well like everyone knows every dyno in the world is going to give different ratings than the one before it...i ...

well like everyone knows every dyno in the world is going to give different ratings than the one before it...i mean u could go back to that exact same dyno and put down 244/255 instead of 254/265....though i have been told sti's put down about 240-250whp so i do agree with your dyno chuglobal....i mean a stage 2 wrx (uppipe, tbe, EM) is right at 230whp...and it runs just a few .xx slower than a stock sti ...yours seems to have a few more horses than average....maybe it has to do with the way you broke your car in? maybe your using different fluids? anything can give you 3-4 hp

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yo

1. I agree that different dynos give different reading. I'm using Mobile1 5w-30 synthethic but everything else is factory. I didn't perform the initial break-in as I'm the 2nd owners.

2. I'm assuming you're referring to the WRX not the STI? An uppipe + TBE + UTEC for a WRX nets around 225-230whp so you're a little high unless you're running at MBC or UTEC. I guess the whole debate at whp is off due to different dynos.

3. My main of the post was to share about the S2000 runs as I use Tom as a baseline because his is still stock. We happen to go to the same dyno so the numbers should be consistent.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

no, those are the only power mods i have. Im also the 2nd owner of the car so i have no idea how it was broken it(bought it from a dealer). Speaking of s2k though, iv never raced one but i have driven with one. A modded 325i, stock s2k with volks and I went for a ride on some back roads. The s2k was so far behind us i thought he may have crashed. It was prob just the driver but i mean he has an evo also so hes not a total n00b when it comes to driving fast.
    Last edited by palmerx141; 01-22-2005 at 09:04 AM.

Yo

I really think it's up to the driver ... I've seen Civic's w/ coilovers keep up w/ WRX's at the DRAGON. It's all about skill once the turns come into play. Tom and I ran at the DRAGON and he did quit well in his S2000; I thought I would leave him but he was right behind me. I wasn't pushing it but I was comfortable w/ me speed and probably wouldn't go any faster anyways unless I was being chased by killers. I still haven't pushed the STI yet; I need to get out more often now.
    2004 STI White/Gold

Yo

I figured out something very interesting this weekend while playing around by myself. I figured that if I go WOT w/ the gas earlier while the chutch is not as fully engaged ( depressed longer ), the car shifts faster and cleaner. I use to not go WOT till the normal engagment point which seems to not shift as clean, personal preference.
    I think it's really just a timing issue but since I figured it out this weekend, I've made 100% of my shifts ... clean and quick. I'm so excited so I figured I'd share. Now I just have to work on my launch.
    2004 STI White/Gold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.