S2000 vs. STI Encounter - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on S2000 vs. STI Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey glad you like the STi haven't seen you around here lately. -snowcat...

Hey glad you like the STi haven't seen you around here lately.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yo

I've been busy w/ ChuGlobal stuff and I'm having fun. I haven't been to any real cars meets in a while nor done any "spirited" driving. I don't even have anyone that wants to race anyone.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Quote Originally Posted by chuglobal
    I've been busy w/ ChuGlobal stuff and I'm having fun. I haven't been to any real cars meets in a while nor done any "spirited" driving. I don't even have anyone that wants to race anyone.
    isnt it funny, since i got my sti everyone wants to race mebut i dont even wanna race anyone. I love the car and i just drive it and get on it sometimes.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Humm

Nope, opposite on this end. I think only one person in a newer Z28 wanted to run but nothing really happened due to traffic and the fact that he was running NOS. He complemented me on the STI and mine on the fact that if he's running NOS, that he better be way faster than me ... in a straight line.
    2004 STI White/Gold

i only have 900 miles on my car right now so i havent really been able to accept challenges but i still dont think i would....but by next week i should have around 1100-1200 and i will be going to a drag strip ...i still dont know what settings to launch at with the dccd

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    i only have 900 miles on my car right now so i havent really been able to accept challenges but i still dont think i would....but by next week i should have around 1100-1200 and i will be going to a drag strip ...i still dont know what settings to launch at with the dccd
    Start off with auto. It seems most people pull more consistent 60' times using auto.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Question for you. What octane were you running when you did your dyno? I'm going to guess and say 93-94.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    Start off with auto. It seems most people pull more consistent 60' times using auto.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfiend
    Question for you. What octane were you running when you did your dyno? I'm going to guess and say 93-94.

i'm guessing 91 cause his in cali an all we have is 91 at pump..unless he was running racegas but i doubt it sine he said he wanted a base dyno

Yo

I'm in Georgia and I "always" use 93 Octane from QT, Racetrac, or Chevron. I actually go out of my way to fill up at the 3 places. I avoid BP like the plague now since they screwed me 3 times last year. I haven't tried 100/113 because I don't want to get spoiled by it then have to go back to 93.
    2004 STI White/Gold

I'm in Georgia and I "always" use 93 Octane from QT, Racetrac, or Chevron. I actually go out of my way to fill up at the 3 places. I avoid BP like the plague now since they screwed me 3 times last year. I haven't tried 100/113 because I don't want to get spoiled by it then have to go back to 93.

ahh ****..for some reason i read murrietta and that's in cali

See that's what I'm talking about. I'm a firm believer that untuned STis running 91 octane don't dyno as well as 93-94 octane ones. Granted I don't really have any basis for this assumption other than the detonations people frequently report on Cali 91 (even with 05s) and the owner manual's recommendation of 93 octane.

If you do the calculations, at 15% drivetrain loss, you would be making 310lb-ft of torque. When you factor in how quickly boost tapers off in a stock STi, it isn't unreasonable to expect that the STi might actually be slightly underrated.

This is why I feel we hear of typically slower cars keeping up with stock Cali STis from a roll. The STi just really needs that 93 octane on the stock ECU mappings.

It's all conjecture on my part though.

I wonder what I will dyno at on 94 octane?
    2005 Aspen White STi

Yo

I'm sure there's a performance difference between 91 and 93 Octane for all the Subaru FI cars. It actually specifices on the gas cover to use Premium = 93 Octane for the WRX and STI. We have 87, 89, and 93 Octane at 99% of the gas stations here in Georgia; there's like 2 places that sell 100 and 113 Octane. I never tried them but I'm sure if I do I'd turn to the darkside and spend way too much money on gas ... $2/gallon vs. $5/gallon. My normal gas bill is $150+\- per month already so I'd like to keep it down.
    2004 STI White/Gold

15% drivetrain loss is for RWD and FWD cars, 18%-20% drivetrain loss average on AWD cars.
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

Humm

Humm ... if Subaru claims 300/300 and I'm dynoing 254/265 then the ratio loose would be 15%/11%. Thus either the STI is putting more hp than claimed or the ratio loose is rather off. I agree that AWD should have more % loose than FWD or RWD thus the assumption that the claimed numbers are a little low. If we use the 18% figure then the claimed numbers should be 310/325 or if we use 20% then the numbers should be 317/331. I would assume the 20% range since the WRX claims 227 however put down 170-180whp ... I think. The bigger then difference the large the loose ratio.
    Last edited by chuglobal; 01-22-2005 at 08:33 AM.
    2004 STI White/Gold

My car made 212hp and 218 torque at Pruven Performances dyno in CT. I Only have a txs tbe and up pipe(all catless). How come your numbers were so low with stage 2.5?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.