WRX vs. Rx-8 vs. RSX-S ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Rx-8 vs. RSX-S ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I Know that wrx's stink from a roll and on the interstate, but has anybody raced an Rx-8 from a ...

WRX vs. Rx-8 vs. RSX-S ?

I Know that wrx's stink from a roll and on the interstate, but has anybody raced an Rx-8 from a 40 mph roll, if so what happened and how does the RSX-S stack up against them both.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

to make this faily simplistic and try and rule out any free standing variables...

all cars manual transmission
    all cars with equally skilled drivers
    from a 40mph roll
    all cars stock

wrx vs rx8 = wrx should get a jump and hold it for a few seconds but then the RX8 will pass you right around 60mph and continue to do so. To pull on an RX8 from 40 to (lets say 90) you would need TBE atleast.

wrx vs rsx-s = same as the RX8 but the rsx wont pull as much towards the end. They trap right around where we do, so it should be a good race for a while, but after 80-90mph the rsx-s will start to have the advantage and may put some ground between you.

rsx-s vs RX8 = quite close at first but near the end of the race the RX8 will pull a car to 2 due its couple mph higher traps.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I would disagree...the rx8's are trapping at around 93-95 and the rsx's are around 94-96.

The whp is rx 8 at around 180 not sure about the weight
    The rsx is around 170 whp w/a weight around 2700 lbs....

I have seen rsx's put whoopins on stock rx8's..
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

you've seen RSX's take down RX-8's? I don't know if I think a RSX type S could, never mind a RSX.
    2004 WRX Sedan (SRR...Premium) SOLD

2012 WRX Plasma Blue 5-door

"Dude, the Chinaman is not the issue here. We're talking about unchecked agression here."

I mean the type s of course...I guess it depends on drivers..but

theres a 300lb diff. and only like a 25 whp difference so it makes sense.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Honestly it would be real close. On my motoring video the (Stock) RSX-type R with 220hp had better acceleration than the RX-8. Pretty sad if you ask me? Mazda screwed up. Think about how many more people would buy the RX-8 if it was turbo I guess they are trying to meet emission laws over in japan, but come on?? then they lied about there HP
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

also, in a straight forward race, the acura and the mazda have a gearing advantage, as well as a higher redline by far than a WRX so they are going to be in power longer. Plus they're not choked out by a turbo up top, so unless you have catless exhaust you're gonna be at a big disadvantage.

speaking from experience, when i was stock, i beat rsx type s from a 20 roll, from a 30 roll, and from a 40 roll badly up to about 90. from a stop, it was a joke.

hmm... actually i don't remember if i was stock then or not, i might have had either a txs stealth or the AP, but i also had another person in the car. my modding path has just been horrible... stock-tbe-stock-AP-stock-tbe-AP-stock-tbe+AP+p&p td04

so i never remember which mods i had at the time. but nonetheless, i think i was either stock or stage 1, and it was just no contest... he also had an intake for sure. The guy was cool and i screw with him now and then whenever i see him on the road, but its simply no contest.

FYI, the 05 rsx typeS just got bumped to 210hp not 220. Out of curiosity, what was the number Mazda claimed the HP of the rx-8 was and what is the real number? I've heard 230hp is actual.

"Dude, the Chinaman is not the issue here. We're talking about unchecked agression here."

Mazda is saving the turbo for the MazdaSpeed version of the RX-8. I believe it is due out next year.

mazda claimed 255 and than they proceeded to downgrade it

i pulled on a rx8 with downpipe and mbc, i also pulled on rsx type s with downpipe and mbc....its sad to say this but all stock roll..i agree with 13secwrx...rsx type s ..especially 05 will take the rx8...i think with 04 it would be a pretty close race..they trap about the same
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

thanks...but more sad to me seems to be the opinion that both those cars would pull on ours! (see above)

Quote Originally Posted by Divinitus
    thanks...but more sad to me seems to be the opinion that both those cars would pull on ours! (see above)

thats why mods are great
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 13secwrx
    I would disagree...the rx8's are trapping at around 93-95 and the rsx's are around 94-96.

The whp is rx 8 at around 180 not sure about the weight
    The rsx is around 170 whp w/a weight around 2700 lbs....

I have seen rsx's put whoopins on stock rx8's..
    It would be close ofcourse... but for the record, a few magazines have gotten traps of 95/96 and on the boards there are guys pulling off between 94-97. From what I have seen I would say average they range from 94-95
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

i measured my car with 3 people in it, slightly up hill, 1/4 mile speed, and it was ~95 with no launch (car wasn't boosting properly either). i think my car is trapping ~ 100 with no people in the car a good launch, good solid shifts, and flat surface.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.